Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Last of Us Part 2

Trailer here.

TLOU is my all-time favorite game so needless to say I'm quite excited about this. Too bad we'll probably have to wait until 2018 or possibly even 2019 to get it. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Never played the first one though I am a fan of the OST to that game. I really enjoy the guitar work they put on a lot of their tracks. Is this is a PS4 or Xbox One title or something I can pick-up on Steam? 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Never played the first one though I am a fan of the OST to that game. I really enjoy the guitar work they put on a lot of their tracks. Is this is a PS4 or Xbox One title or something I can pick-up on Steam?

The original was Playstation exclusive, so this most likely will be as well.

Can't wait for this. If it's anywhere close to the original it should be amazing.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Trailer here.

TLOU is my all-time favorite game so needless to say I'm quite excited about this. Too bad we'll probably have to wait until 2018 or possibly even 2019 to get it. 

You're more likely looking at 2019 or 2020 for this game. The bulk of Naughty Dog was working on Uncharted 4, which only released a few months ago, and they've shown they're willing to take their time to make sure a game is ready before releasing it.

PS4 exclusive? 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:PS4 exclusive? 

Well, a PlayStation brand exclusive since it may release around the time PS5 should be coming out. But yes, it'll only be on PlayStation since Naughty Dog is owned by Sony.

Quote:Well, a PlayStation brand exclusive since it may release around the time PS5 should be coming out. But yes, it'll only be on PlayStation since Naughty Dog is owned by Sony.
I don't think it'll be shifted to the PS5, the first game was released 5 months before the PS4 as well.

They just finished Uncharted. I was actually surprised they have enough to make a trailer already.

The Last of Us is probably my all time favorite non football related video game, ever.

It beat out the Uncharted series (though I've yet to play Uncharted 4).

Naughty Dog makes GREAT games.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 04:27 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:The Last of Us is probably my all time favorite non football related video game, ever.

It beat out the Uncharted series (though I've yet to play Uncharted 4).

Naughty Dog makes GREAT games.

What would you compare it to?

Great action (GTA series,)  blend of story and gameplay (Tomb Raider series, Uncharted,) survival horror (Resident Evil series)...

What do you think are its best attributes?

I'm looking for something non-Madden myself to tide me over until Red Dead Redemption 2.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:What would you compare it to?

Great action (GTA series,) blend of story and gameplay (Tomb Raider series, Uncharted,) survival horror (Resident Evil series)...

I'm looking for something non-Madden myself to tide me over until Red Dead Redemption 2.

Survival horror mixed with an amazing story and adventure like Uncharted without the climbing up temple walls.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Both Uncharted and TLOU are story driven games of which there is nothing else even close. The story is on par with blockbuster movies.

Quote:Both Uncharted and TLOU are story driven games of which there is nothing else even close. The story is on par with blockbuster movies.

Bioshock and Mass Effect are probably the closest of the current gen games to those, but I can't think of anything else recently that touches them.

FFVII and FFVIII are the two best stories I've ever seen. Even better than TLOU in my opinion. As much as I love 7, I think 8 gets the nod there as well.

To be honest, mid/late 90s and early 2000s were the Golden Age of gaming stories. Pick up any RPG from the time and you'll never be disappointed

FFVII

FFVIII

FFIX

FFX

Legend of Dragoon

Xenosaga

Diablo

Fallout

Zelda

Star Ocean

Elder Scrolls

Knights of the Old Republic

I'm sure I missed a bunch. Man, there were some amazing games back then. I think developers are starting to get back to story instead of solely relying on graphics. Everything looks good now, it all got so involved with multiplayer, we got away from strong story lines. I think we're finally starting to get back to it.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 04:59 PM by JackCity.)

Only found out yesterday that you can play Red Dead on ps4 via "PlayStation Now"

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 07:09 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:What would you compare it to?

Great action (GTA series,)  blend of story and gameplay (Tomb Raider series, Uncharted,) survival horror (Resident Evil series)...

A good question.

It isn't an open world type of game.

It is a survival/horror type game like the other guy indicated.

You end up scavenging for weapons like Dead Island or far Cry 3.  Great Story telling.  Comparable in quality to the Uncharted series, only darker. 

But emotionally it's far more...taxing...than any game I've ever played.  When you're done with it, you feel as though you earned every inch, with one minor exception.  There are plenty of scenes and scenarios that absolutely drop your jaw.

Here is the Intro to the game.  It is about 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gk-QXZkUL8

Quote:Both Uncharted and TLOU are story driven games of which there is nothing else even close. The story is on par with blockbuster movies.
Agreed completely.

Sadly, I've seen plenty of movies that don't remotely compare in story quality or acting to any of these games.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 07:07 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:NVM

Quote:Only found out yesterday that you can play Red Dead on ps4 via "PlayStation Now"

WHAT WHAT WHAT

Quote:WHAT WHAT WHAT

Sorry I missed yeaaaa. Yeah its this new streaming thing PlayStation have check it out.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.ie/amp/venturebeat.com/2016/11/30/red-dead-redemption-now-on-ps4-and-pc-thanks-to-ps-now-streaming/amp/?client=ms-android-lenovo'>https://www.google.ie/amp/venturebeat.com/2016/11/30/red-dead-redemption-now-on-ps4-and-pc-thanks-to-ps-now-streaming/amp/?client=ms-android-lenovo</a>

Think it's €35 for 3 months of streaming up to 400 games.

Quote:Sorry I missed yeaaaa. Yeah its this new streaming thing PlayStation have check it out.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.ie/amp/venturebeat.com/2016/11/30/red-dead-redemption-now-on-ps4-and-pc-thanks-to-ps-now-streaming/amp/?client=ms-android-lenovo'>https://www.google.ie/amp/venturebeat.com/2016/11/30/red-dead-redemption-now-on-ps4-and-pc-thanks-to-ps-now-streaming/amp/?client=ms-android-lenovo</a>

Think it's €35 for 3 months of streaming up to 400 games.

It's a neat system if your internet connection is capable to really use it. Since it streams the games instead of downloading them, I believe you need at least of 5mbs upload speed to really play seamlessly.

Basic Brighthouse in FL is around 3 I believe
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS