Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Last of Us Part 2

Quote:If you have the card already then go to the door. But don't take the direct route and don't sprint, If you have a nail bomb you can use them to set traps for the Stalker. It'll hurt you too but it should keep them off you.

Yeah I have the card. Just tend to freeze up when those stalkers jump at me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just finished the game and started Left Behind.

This was probably one of the easiest game of the year awards to hand out.  The story is one of the best, if not best in gaming - and holds its own against other genres as well (TV, film, whatever storytelling medium you choose.)

[spoiler]

I was VERY frustrated at the end that there was no moral choice left for the PLAYER to make.  Actually, quite angry.  When the doc picked up the knife... I decided that mankind deserved the cure and backed away.  I stepped back out the door.  But there was no choice but to follow through.  I disagreed with his choice.  I think Ellie would have agreed to complete the extraction, as her desire was to "finish this" and go "all the way."

Instead, he lies to her and made the selfish decision.  Mankind was given a death sentence because of his selfish move.

All I can hope is that there are more like her, and that the lie becomes true as they continue this story.  Otherwise, that will remain a bitter taste to what was such an otherwise delicious story.

[/spoiler]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I just finished the game and started Left Behind.

This was probably one of the easiest game of the year awards to hand out.  The story is one of the best, if not best in gaming - and holds its own against other genres as well (TV, film, whatever storytelling medium you choose.)

[spoiler]

I was VERY frustrated at the end that there was no moral choice left for the PLAYER to make.  Actually, quite angry.  When the doc picked up the knife... I decided that mankind deserved the cure and backed away.  I stepped back out the door.  But there was no choice but to follow through.  I disagreed with his choice.  I think Ellie would have agreed to complete the extraction, as her desire was to "finish this" and go "all the way."

Instead, he lies to her and made the selfish decision.  Mankind was given a death sentence because of his selfish move.

All I can hope is that there are more like her, and that the lie becomes true as they continue this story.  Otherwise, that will remain a bitter taste to what was such an otherwise delicious story.

[/spoiler]

Did not play the Left Behind stuff.

But I agree the story and acting were top notch.

To me, I felt I had to earn every single advance. Pittsburgh was a [BLEEP]. The college was a [BLEEP]...and winter was a [BLEEP].

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I just finished the game and started Left Behind.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]

I think a large part of the story is that there are no good people left in the world anymore. There's the military which effectively shoot on sight and summarily execute anyone suspected of being infected, as a counter to that you have the Fireflies who have no qualms about slaughtering soldiers in some sort of attempt to restore civilian government. Then there's the hunters in Pittsburgh and David's group in Colorado both of whom are unequivocally bad people even if what they are doing is purely to survive. Even Tess and Joel are shown to have no qualms about murdering other people in order to protect their own interests. The only group that approaches "good" in the world of TLOU is Tommy and Maria's settlement and their version of good is "We warn you to leave before we shoot you".

[/spoiler]

Quote:[spoiler]

I think a large part of the story is that there are no good people left in the world anymore. There's the military which effectively shoot on sight and summarily execute anyone suspected of being infected, as a counter to that you have the Fireflies who have no qualms about slaughtering soldiers in some sort of attempt to restore civilian government. Then there's the hunters in Pittsburgh and David's group in Colorado both of whom are unequivocally bad people even if what they are doing is purely to survive. Even Tess and Joel are shown to have no qualms about murdering other people in order to protect their own interests. The only group that approaches "good" in the world of TLOU is Tommy and Maria's settlement and their version of good is "We warn you to leave before we shoot you".

[/spoiler]
A nice summary.

Man.

Got by the hotel part and got to the bit where you hand the girl the gun and try take out all the guys.

Took out 3 or 4 by stealth. Hid in a sort of execution room but got seen. Ended up having to kill 8 guys one by one as they ran at me. [BLEEP]

Quote:Man.

Got by the hotel part and got to the bit where you hand the girl the gun and try take out all the guys.

Took out 3 or 4 by stealth. Hid in a sort of execution room but got seen. Ended up having to kill 8 guys one by one as they ran at me. [BAD WORD REMOVED]
Nice.

How do you like so far?

Update us on your thoughts on the game when you finally leave Pittsburgh and the suburbs.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 08:07 PM by Tuxedo.)

So....how do we do spoiler text here?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. For anyone else who doesn't know, it's under the BBCode option in the top left.

Quote:Nice.

How do you like so far?

Update us on your thoughts on the game when you finally leave Pittsburgh and the suburbs.

Loving it. The story adds so much, a small thing that I have notice which I don't usually notice in games is that the maps flow so well.

By that I mean it seems really natural exploring each map even though it isn't a free roam game.

Jack City...where are you in the game now?

Quote:Jack City...where are you in the game now?

Just after finding the girl after she ran away. That cut scene was intense.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 05:01 PM by Bullseye.)

How did you react to the end of the Sam and Henry part?

The verbal conflict throughout this game is intense and realistic.

When Ellie and Bill went at it, it was so convincing.

I was stunned speechless after Henry and Sam.

Quote:How did you react to the end of the Sam and Henry part?

The verbal conflict throughout this game is intense and realistic.

When Ellie and Bill went at it, it was so convincing.

I was stunned speechless after Henry and Sam.

Oh my god.

I skipped that cut scene bit and just presumed Sam and Henry went their own way!! Just after watching it on youtube

Quote:I skipped that cut scene bit
If I could I would come to Ireland and smack you. This is not a game where you skip cutscenes. 

Quote:If I could I would come to Ireland and smack you. This is not a game where you skip cutscenes.

I didn't think anything else was going to happen! [BLEEP], never skipping again.

Quote:Oh my god.

I skipped that cut scene bit and just presumed Sam and Henry went their own way!! Just after watching it on youtube

Quote: This is not a game where you skip cutscenes. 
Agreed completely with DF.

You skipped quite possibly the most intense scene in the game, and that is saying a lot.

Quote:Agreed completely with DF.

You skipped quite possibly the most intense scene in the game, and that is saying a lot.

I should probably retire from gaming.

Quote:I should probably retire from gaming.

Well I mean...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

New trailer:

*Fair warning, it gets brutal at one point*

https://youtu.be/pW0hsiycrDU
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS