Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Last of Us Part 2

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 08:37 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:I would say close to halfway in.

That Pittsburgh part was probably my favorite part in the game from beginning to end.

Talk about intense and emotional!

By the way...how do you create those spoiler things?

The third icon from the left at the top of the message toolbar is "Special BBCode."

Click it, then select "spoiler" from the drop down menu.  If you highlighted the text prior to pressing he button, it will be populated.  If not, type it into the window.

You can also achieve the same thing by tagging the text the "old fashioned way" with "[spoiller]" and "[/spoiller]" by hand.  (intentionally misspelled so as to not actually trip the code)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The third icon from the left at the top of the message toolbar is "Special BBCode."

Click it, then select "spoiler" from the drop down menu.  If you highlighted the text prior to pressing he button, it will be populated.  If not, type it into the window.

You can also achieve the same thing by tagging the text the "old fashioned way" with "[spoiller]" and "[/spoiller]" by hand.  (intentionally misspelled so as to not actually trip the code)
Thanks. How did you like Pittsburgh and the suburbs?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Thanks. How did you like Pittsburgh and the suburbs?

Confused with frustration trying to decide whether I'd prefer to deal with the infected or the survivors.  As soon as I'm done avoiding or taking out survivors, here I am having to use and make more shivs because I let my guard down against a clicker.

OTOH, it's becoming more satisfying as you're able to upgrade your weapons and add new gear.

Quote:Confused with frustration trying to decide whether I'd prefer to deal with the infected or the survivors. As soon as I'm done avoiding or taking out survivors, here I am having to use and make more shivs because I let my guard down against a clicker.

OTOH, it's becoming more satisfying as you're able to upgrade your weapons and add new gear.

The double shiv upgrade is essential
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Trying to kill a bloater in the hotel. Terrifying

Quote:Trying to kill a bloater in the hotel. Terrifying
Oh that hotel is a blast to play.

Quote:Trying to kill a bloater in the hotel. Terrifying

Hotel?

Do you mean the college dorm in Colorado?  [spoiler]I "beat" that one by being chicken poop and just running to the exit.  I was shocked when that ended the encounter.[/spoiler]

Don't read my next question unless you've gotten to Winter.

I'm hung up on the one at the [spoiler]hydro plant.  Too frustrated to even try, taking a break.[/spoiler]

Quote:Hotel?

Do you mean the college dorm in Colorado? [spoiler]I "beat" that one by being chicken poop and just running to the exit. I was shocked when that ended the encounter.[/spoiler]

Don't read my next question unless you've gotten to Winter.

I'm hung up on the one at the [spoiler]hydro plant. Too frustrated to even try, taking a break.[/spoiler]

I don't know where I am. Still looking to go to a bridge of some kind.

I'm gonna attempt to run away from it and to the lift but there are tons of the really aggressive zombies roaming around, in the dark too.

Ok, you're in Pittsburgh looking to cross the bridge to leave the area.

I remembered the basement, but forgot it was a hotel basement.

DO NOT read my spoilers, then!

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 09:53 PM by Bullseye.)

That hotel in Pittsburgh had some great what the hell moments!

[spoiler]like when you get separated at the elevator[/spoiler]

The separation moments are straight out of the Uncharted script.

Just as soon as I get comfortable having "backup" with me (even if they are mostly sorry they're still something,) they go and make you run solo.  <shakes fist>

Quote:The separation moments are straight out of the Uncharted script.

Just as soon as I get comfortable having "backup" with me (even if they are mostly sorry they're still something,) they go and make you run solo.  <shakes fist>
I dunno, Pirk.

[spoiler]The separation caused by the elevator falling[/spoiler] didn't readily make me think of any Uncharted moments.

In fact, aside from the overall high quality of the game and story telling, I don't think anything reminded me of Uncharted or vice versa.

But perhaps I got too engrossed the the stories involved for a more detached perspective.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 10:37 PM by pirkster.)

The fireflies pendants instantly reminded me of the treasures in Uncharted as well.  The waves of enemies (human) and fighting sequences (buttons) were similar as well.  Sighting/shooting action also similar.

I was probably looking for the core game engine similarities due to my experience with Rockstar games.  I noticed the carryovers in the Rockstar gaming engines with Grand Theft Auto, Bully, The Warriors, Godfather, and Red Dead Redemption.

EA did the same with Madden, College Football, and Arena.

It's a very profitable thing to be able to reuse game engines to recoup the investment and not have to build from scratch for every new title.

Quote:The fireflies pendants instantly reminded me of the treasures in Uncharted as well.  The waves of enemies (human) and fighting sequences (buttons) were similar as well.  Sighting/shooting action also similar.

I was probably looking for the core game engine similarities due to my experience with Rockstar games.  I noticed the carryovers in the Rockstar gaming engines with Grand Theft Auto, Bully, The Warriors, Godfather, and Red Dead Redemption.

EA did the same with Madden, College Football, and Arena.

It's a very profitable thing to be able to reuse game engines to recoup the investment and not have to build from scratch for every new title.
That makes sense.  From that perspective I see the similarities.  I guess I was looking purely plot.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 10:53 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:That makes sense.  From that perspective I see the similarities.  I guess I was looking purely plot.

Well, I did steer you wrong using the word "script" in a figurative sense.  No worries.

All those things that are great about Naughty Dog (+ the advice of those in this thread) is what sold me anyway.

Quote:Well, I did steer you wrong using the word "script" in a figurative sense.  No worries.

All those things that are great about Naughty Dog (+ the advice of those in this thread) is what sold me anyway.
Well...I assume you are still at the University in Colorado. 

That will reverberate in a most interesting way later on.

Quote:Well...I assume you are still at the University in Colorado. 

That will reverberate in a most interesting way later on.

I just woke up from a nap to look for a deer hunter.

Quote:I don't know where I am. Still looking to go to a bridge of some kind.

I'm gonna attempt to run away from it and to the lift but there are tons of the really aggressive zombies roaming around, in the dark too.
You're in the hotel basement in Pittsburgh. And I always beat that bloater by avoiding him. Bloaters are slow moving so don't bother running cause that only attracts the other infected in the basement. 

Quote:You're in the hotel basement in Pittsburgh. And I always beat that bloater by avoiding him. Bloaters are slow moving so don't bother running cause that only attracts the other infected in the basement.

Once I turn on the generator I should head for the door with the card lock right? The bloater walks slow but whenever a zombie grabs me he ends up right beside me, maybe just a coincidence.

Quote:Once I turn on the generator I should head for the door with the card lock right? The bloater walks slow but whenever a zombie grabs me he ends up right beside me, maybe just a coincidence.
If you have the card already then go to the door. But don't take the direct route and don't sprint, If you have a nail bomb you can use them to set traps for the Stalker. It'll hurt you too but it should keep them off you.