Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 08:18 PM by shangster.)

Yeah, let's get more retread QBs from other teams.  While you're at it, let's offer the Bills and Raiders draft picks for Kolb and Flynn.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 09:17 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

Quote:MJD and Henne for Foles and Brandon Graham.
They won't want henne. Mjd and mincey for foles and graham.

Bumping this up. Oh what could have been.

Quote:Bumping this up. Oh what could have been.

WHat could have been what?....

Nick Foles doesn't play like this on any of the other 31 teams. Product of Chip Kelly. 

Quote:WHat could have been what?....

Nick Foles doesn't play like this on any of the other 31 teams. Product of Chip Kelly. 

Foles is the complete opposite QB of the system Chip runs. But thanks for playing.

Quote:Foles is the complete opposite QB of the system Chip runs. But thanks for playing.

Nope, Chip actually molds his system in the NFL around the players he has. 

Foles on any other team would not have anywhere near the success he's had under Kelly. 

Quote:Nope, Chip actually molds his system in the NFL around the players he has. 

Foles on any other team would not have anywhere near the success he's had under Kelly. 

Could you possibly ride Kelly's jock harder?  Philly is a talented team, and Foles would have emerged on any team.  He has always had the tools.  I actually wanted him in the 3rd the year he was drafted.  You have no idea how Kelly runs his team in the NFL, because he's not even done it for a full season yet.

Quote:Could you possibly ride Kelly's jock harder?  Philly is a talented team, and Foles would have emerged on any team.  He has always had the tools.  I actually wanted him in the 3rd the year he was drafted.  You have no idea how Kelly runs his team in the NFL, because he's not even done it for a full season yet.

I know that Kelly isn't married to a single way of doing things. He's committed to adjusting to the personnel he has around him and putting those players in positions that they can succeed. He doesn't force personnel to adhere to a strict system. i.e. jamming square pegs into round holes. 

Foles is a freaking game manager. To act like he's anything more than that is laughable. I'd be stunned if he's Kelly's starting QB 2 years from today. 

Quote:I know that Kelly isn't married to a single way of doing things. He's committed to adjusting to the personnel he has around him and putting those players in positions that they can succeed. He doesn't force personnel to adhere to a strict system. i.e. jamming square pegs into round holes. 

Foles is a freaking game manager. To act like he's anything more than that is laughable. I'd be stunned if he's Kelly's starting QB 2 years from today. 

So you're saying Kelly does what any smart coach does? Not very revolutionary.

And you making a value judgment re Foles after 13 games under Kelly is laughable. I guess Kelly will be trying to obtain Alex Smith. Not very revolutionary.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I know that Kelly isn't married to a single way of doing things. He's committed to adjusting to the personnel he has around him and putting those players in positions that they can succeed. He doesn't force personnel to adhere to a strict system. i.e. jamming square pegs into round holes. 

Because game managers throw 7 TDs passes in a game and have 20-1 INT-TD ratios on the season.  Come on, man, Kelly got lucky because it finally clicked for Foles. 

Quote:So you're saying Kelly does what any smart coach does? Not very revolutionary.

And you making a value judgment re Foles after 13 games under Kelly is laughable. I guess Kelly will be trying to obtain Alex Smith. Not very revolutionary.

I'm making a value judgment on Foles based on what I've cumulatively seen from the player since he's been in the league. He's had a Garrard (2007) like run here for the Eagles. Foles, like Garrard is still a very limited QB. 

Not sure why Kelly will be trying to obtain Alex Smith. I guess you aren't understanding the point here. Kelly's ideal QB will be a dual threat franchise level QB. Not ALex Smith and not Nick Foles. Game managers. 

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 02:20 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Because game managers throw 7 TDs passes in a game and have 20-1 INT-TD ratios on the season.  Come on, man, Kelly got lucky because it finally clicked for Foles. 

It finally "clicked" for Garrard in 2007, too. Won't last for Foles, either... Remember how lucky Garrard got with some of those passes that were "should have been INT's"?? Yeah, same thing is happening with Foles over this stretch too. 

And, lol citing the Raiders 7 TD game. If you actually watched Greg Cosell's evaluation of that game, he showed how that game by Foles had more to do with giant breakdowns on defense by Oakland, than any great thing that Foles was doing. 

I wish we had a game manager to score 7 TD's a game.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 02:54 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I wish we had a game manager to score 7 TD's a game.

Well, if we played an opponent that had the kind of defensive breakdowns that Oakland had in that Foles 7 TD game, then said game manager could do the same. 

Stop overrating Foles. 

Here we go again with this board's propensity to like the "underdog" QB and act like he's better than he really is. The Zach Dysert syndrome. 

The funny/ ironic thing regarding that 7 TD game by Foles is that he tied/ broke the previous Eagles record for passing TD with that game....he topped ANOTHER pretty much "nobody" that just had one lucky game in Adrian Burk. 50 years from now, thats exactly the same way people will be looking at Nick Foles. 

Quote:Well, if we played an opponent that had the kind of defensive breakdowns that Oakland had in that Foles 7 TD game, then said game manager could do the same. 
so....Henne=Foles, gotcha

Quote:except Foles stinks. 

Cousins?.....yeah....but I wouldn't want to bring him in until after the season - and only if we don't get Bridgewater. 
Another Brilliant comment by TMD

Quote:so....Henne=Foles, gotcha

Who said Henne was any good? Henne isn't even game manager level of Foles/ Garrard. 

Foles is a good fit for Chip's offense because he can make quick and correct decisions. Thats more important than having a running qb. He would not be this good in another system but, I think he'd still be a decent qb (more than a game manager).

Quote:Foles is a good fit for Chip's offense because he can make quick and correct decisions. Thats more important than having a running qb. He would not be this good in another system but, I think he'd still be a decent qb (more than a game manager).

Foles has had a lot of INT's dropped/ taken away by penalty over this stretch of games, including a potential game loser vs the Cardinals. He's been lucky. He is a game manager. Nothing more. 

Quote:Foles has had a lot of INT's dropped/ taken away by penalty over this stretch of games, including a potential game loser vs the Cardinals. He's been lucky. He is a game manager. Nothing more. 
He wasn't even a game manager at Arizona.  He was a classic gunslinging pocket passer, and could have gone higher in the draft had he come out as a Junior.

He was highly accurate and productive in college, and like many players, took more than a second to learn to play at NFL speed.  There's nothing "game manager" about him.  He can sling it 50 yards through the air or check it down.  The only thing he doesn't do well is run with the football, which was a hallmark of Chip Kelly's Oregon QBs.

Yeah, he's lucky.  But then, so is Tom Brady.