Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

As an Eagles fan, it makes me chuckle listening to people hype up 1) our skill players or 2) our HC to discredit Foles.

I think Bradley is going to be a really good HC for you guys. Smart franchises seem to be taking BPA QB's in whatever rounds they can get them and seeing how they develop. Worst case scenario, you trade them a couple of years down the line to recoup picks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 05:20 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:He wasn't even a game manager at Arizona.  He was a classic gunslinging pocket passer, and could have gone higher in the draft had he come out as a Junior.

He was highly accurate and productive in college, and like many players, took more than a second to learn to play at NFL speed.  There's nothing "game manager" about him.  He can sling it 50 yards through the air or check it down.  The only thing he doesn't do well is run with the football, which was a hallmark of Chip Kelly's Oregon QBs.

Yeah, he's lucky.  But then, so is Tom Brady.

Had he come out as a junior??? LOL, his best season in college was by far his senior one. If he had come out as a junior he'd have been lucky to be drafted with those pedestrian production to that point. 

He had one season in college that I would label "highly productive". Garrard could sling it 50 yards in the air too, and sport completion pct over 60% even as a pro - didn't make him anything more than a game manager. 

Quote:As an Eagles fan, it makes me chuckle listening to people hype up 1) our skill players or 2) our HC to discredit Foles.

Your HC is the main reason for your entire team's success, including Foles. Kelly is already a top 10 coach in this league. 

Quote:Your HC is the main reason for your entire team's success, including Foles. Kelly is already a top 10 coach in this league. 

Not going to argue with that. I just don't think you're giving Foles enough credit. Vick looked like garbage against the Giants and Foles came in and cleaned up the game for a win. Now he's had some downs too, but for a QB playing in his first 16 games, Foles hasn't been bad at all. He's been asked to do a lot more than RG3 or Kaepernick were asked to do in their breakout seasons, and has done pretty well, all things considered.

Chip has done wonders for the team, though. Cleaned up the turnovers, has EVERY offensive player blocking their balls off. He actually put DeSean Jackson with the 2nd team in TC and had a sitdown with him to explain how he needed him buying in for the rest of the guys to buy in and for the offense to work.

I have a feeling you guys are going to be trending upward and will be pretty tough in 2-3 years.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 05:46 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Not going to argue with that. I just don't think you're giving Foles enough credit. Vick looked like garbage against the Giants and Foles came in and cleaned up the game for a win. Now he's had some downs too, but for a QB playing in his first 16 games, Foles hasn't been bad at all. He's been asked to do a lot more than RG3 or Kaepernick were asked to do in their breakout seasons, and has done pretty well, all things considered.

Chip has done wonders for the team, though. Cleaned up the turnovers, has EVERY offensive player blocking their balls off. He actually put DeSean Jackson with the 2nd team in TC and had a sitdown with him to explain how he needed him buying in for the rest of the guys to buy in and for the offense to work.

I have a feeling you guys are going to be trending upward and will be pretty tough in 2-3 years.

Vick started off playing very well this season and then injuries started to affect his play. Thats pretty much the story there. Vick cannot be counted on to stay healthy. He's too small/ frail, especially for the style of game he likes to play. But had Vick been able to stay healthy, the Eagles record would be at least where it is right now, if not better and Vick;s numbers in Kelly's offense would be staggering. 

Kelly is the man. He wins regardless of personnel. He finds a way to get the most out of what he has. 

Quote:Kelly is the man. He wins regardless of personnel. He finds a way to get the most out of what he has. 
yeah he had no talent at Oregon

Quote:yeah he had no talent at Oregon

He's winning with an Eagles team that finished with poor records the last 2 seasons and doing so without the QB that started the season, or his top WR. 

Don't be a hater. Kelly is going to be right up there with Belichick, Walsh, Gibbs, et al, when all is said & done. 

Vick went out in the Giants game with the hamstring injury. That was why Foles came in. Vick was not playing well prior to that (in the Giants game)

Technically DJax is our best WR, but preach!

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 06:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Vick went out in the Giants game with the hamstring injury. That was why Foles came in. Vick was not playing well prior to that (in the Giants game)

Technically DJax is our best WR, but preach!

Vick went out for good in that Giants game....but he was playing hurt before that point. 

D Jax is a one trick pony. Maclin is the best "complete" WR on that team, IMO. 

Quote:He's winning with an Eagles team that finished with poor records the last 2 seasons and doing so without the QB that started the season, or his top WR. 

Don't be a hater. Kelly is going to be right up there with Belichick, Walsh, Gibbs, et al, when all is said & done. 
I'm not a hater, I like the guy, but to act like he has a proven track record with winning with little talent is laughable. What exactly did he win at Oregon?

What he's done so far is very impressive, but excuse me if I'm not ready to enshrine him in Canton yet.

Quote:Vick went out for good in that Giants game....but he was playing hurt before that point. 

D Jax is a one trick pony. Maclin is the best "complete" WR on that team, IMO. 

I think you're confusing the two Giants games. Vick went down in the first one and Foles came in to win it. Then Foles stunk and got hurt in Dallas and Barkley finished. Then Vick came back, started the Giants game and went out with a re-injured hammy. Then Barkley stunk up that Giants game. Then Foles went to Oakland and the rest is history.

Quote:Its like people desperately want to ruin our chances of getting a real QB this upcoming draft....they all want to bring whatever players it will take to get those extra 2-3 wins this season so we screw up our draft position...

I know in the JDR days I used to joke around that a segment of this fan base embraces mediocrity.....maybe I was more correct than I thought..
Says the guy who wants to lose every game this season.

If we embrace mediocrity by wanting to win games, what does it say about you and those with your mindset who want to do nothing but lose? 

Do you ever stop and actually listen to yourself?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Says the guy who wants to lose every game this season.

If we embrace mediocrity by wanting to win games, what does it say about you and those with your mindset who want to do nothing but lose? 

Do you ever stop and actually listen to yourself?

I've been off the Jags tanking thing for at least a couple weeks now. I'm rooting for wins now. 

Does TMD have access to a device that teleports him to other dimensions and/or the future?

- Chip Kelly will have a bust in Canton.

- Foles will never have success without Chip Kelly's system.

- "50 years from now" Foles will be remembered like Adrian Burk.

I can't be the only one who sees how these statements can seem...well....stupid?

Quote:I've been off the Jags tanking thing for at least a couple weeks now. I'm rooting for wins now. 

The Flip-Flop made it a whole 2 weeks. :woot: 

Example A: "Stupid Jags, I want to win, I want to lose, I want to lose more, I want to win, I want to win more ... Go Jags!"

You need a big comfy leather couch to take a weekly nap on. :blink:

I know a guy that will only charge you $30.00 an hour ... all you have to do is mention my name. :yes: 

Quote:The Flip-Flop made it a whole 2 weeks. :woot: 

Example A: "Stupid Jags, I want to win, I want to lose, I want to lose more, I want to win, I want to win more ... Go Jags!"

You need a big comfy leather couch to take a weekly nap on. :blink:

I know a guy that will only charge you $30.00 an hour ... all you have to do is mention my name. :yes: 

Also he called us all stupid for cheering pointless wins, so I guess he's joined the rest of us in our stupidity

Quote:Does TMD have access to a device that teleports him to other dimensions and/or the future?

- Chip Kelly will have a bust in Canton.

- Foles will never have success without Chip Kelly's system.

- "50 years from now" Foles will be remembered like Adrian Burk.

I can't be the only one who sees how these statements can seem...well....stupid?

You think that is rich:

TMD's Colts Tanked Version:

The NFL didn't want Luck in Jacksonville, so they orchestrated Peyton Manning's injuries, and surgeries to have the Colts tank the season. which included the Polians, and Caldwell, along with 50+ other players, coaches, and supporting staff risk their futures to tank for Luck ... aaaannd, Peyton Manning was in on it. He faked surgeries to keep Luck out of Jacksonville.

He did, he does :woot: That is his theory. :yes:

Quote:Foles is a good fit for Chip's offense because he can make quick and correct decisions. Thats more important than having a running qb. He would not be this good in another system but, I think he'd still be a decent qb (more than a game manager).

I don't get it. Why does anyone think Kelly is doing anything vastly different than any other NFL coach?

You say Foles is good in Kelly's system because he can make quick and correct decisions. Is there a coach in the NFL that doesn't want a QB who can make quick and correct decisions? Isn't that what makes a good QB? I though that's why Russell Wilson is getting all the praise, not because of his size or arm, but his brain.

The way Foles is currently playing he'd be fine in anyone's system.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Forgot to mention ... You don't throw 7 td's in an NFL game without skill.

Basically, he's coached to throw it over the top when they drop a safety in the box and leave 1-on-1's outside, so that's what he does. Most of the plays do have multiple built-in dump-offs/screens if the defense leaves it open. On some of the packaged plays, the linemen are run blocking, even if Nick decides to throw it, so if he's not making the correct decisions, it's going to be a disaster. It was his decision making that led to the 7 TDs against Oakland. He wasn't Brett Favre'ing it, he was just picking them apart because they were unprepared.

What's wrong with a QB that takes what the defense gives them? That's what football's all about. Especially when you can hand it off to Shady.