Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

Quote:He's winning with an Eagles team that finished with poor records the last 2 seasons and doing so without the QB that started the season, or his top WR. 

Don't be a hater. Kelly is going to be right up there with Belichick, Walsh, Gibbs, et al, when all is said & done.

I know another coach that's doing the exact same thing. Maybe Gus Bradley is a top 10 coach as well...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Your HC is the main reason for your entire team's success, including Foles. Kelly is already a top 10 coach in this league. 

You're so overly dramatic it's amusing.

Bridgewater on a level with Aaron Rodgers, despite never having played in the NFL. Now you have Kelly, after 13 games!, as a top 10 coach.

Everyone is above average!

If Kelly doesn't find someone who can improve the Eagles' defense he's not going to be in anyone's top 10. Perhaps he'll be similar to Bilicheck - a defensive "genius" who has teams with poor defenses, but outscores everyone due to a HOF quarterback.

Fortunately the Eagles are in a weak division.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:The Flip-Flop made it a whole 2 weeks. :woot: 

Example A: "Stupid Jags, I want to win, I want to lose, I want to lose more, I want to win, I want to win more ... Go Jags!"

You need a big comfy leather couch to take a weekly nap on. :blink:

I know a guy that will only charge you $30.00 an hour ... all you have to do is mention my name. :yes: 

Oh, lookie at the Colts fan trying to fit in by piling on. How cute. 

Its real simple, jerky....I was all for the Jags losing games when they had a good chance to get the #1 pick, when they started winning some games, the objective changed. That simple. At this point the Jags getting the #1 pick is a longshot. So its better than they just win out at this point. 

Quote:You think that is rich:

TMD's Colts Tanked Version:

The NFL didn't want Luck in Jacksonville, so they orchestrated Peyton Manning's injuries, and surgeries to have the Colts tank the season. which included the Polians, and Caldwell, along with 50+ other players, coaches, and supporting staff risk their futures to tank for Luck ... aaaannd, Peyton Manning was in on it. He faked surgeries to keep Luck out of Jacksonville.

He did, he does :woot: That is his theory. :yes:

yep, and talk about "flip flop"....Sammy used to be a friend of TMD on here until TMD had the gall to say something about Sammy's pristine Colts.

Quote:Oh, lookie at the Colts fan trying to fit in by piling on. How cute. 

Its real simple, jerky....I was all for the Jags losing games when they had a good chance to get the #1 pick, when they started winning some games, the objective changed. That simple. At this point the Jags getting the #1 pick is a longshot. So its better than they just win out at this point. 

Lookie? Cute? Jerky?

That was good. Tongue

"You said it" .... You want that $30.00 an hour deal or not? Wink

Quote:yep, and talk about "flip flop"....Sammy used to be a friend of TMD on here until TMD had the gall to say something about Sammy's pristine Colts.

Not really, I am your friend. I'm not quite the pristine fan you think I am? ... I am a far bigger critic of the Colts than you can be.

Quote:You're so overly dramatic it's amusing.

Bridgewater on a level with Aaron Rodgers, despite never having played in the NFL. Now you have Kelly, after 13 games!, as a top 10 coach.

Everyone is above average!

If Kelly doesn't find someone who can improve the Eagles' defense he's not going to be in anyone's top 10. Perhaps he'll be similar to Bilicheck - a defensive "genius" who has teams with poor defenses, but outscores everyone due to a HOF quarterback.

Fortunately the Eagles are in a weak division.

Our defense hasn't given up more than 21 points in like 8+ games.

Quote:Our defense hasn't given up more than 21 points in like 8+ games.

"Our"? What position do you play?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Forgot to mention ... You don't throw 7 td's in an NFL game without skill.

Throw 6 TD's in an NFL game on the other hand, and it means nothing.  Funny how that works.  Just imagine if Matt Flynn had thrown one more touchdown in his game against the Lions.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Forgot to mention ... You don't throw 7 td's in an NFL game without skill.

No, you do when it's the Raiders!!!!  Blown coverages!!!  Every QB that played the Raiders this year could have broken that record, but only Chip Kelly's mind could design the plays necessary to do it!!!!

Quote:Throw 6 TD's in an NFL game on the other hand, and it means nothing.  Funny how that works.  Just imagine if Matt Flynn had thrown one more touchdown in his game against the Lions.  

Because that wasn't the only game Foles had success in. Flynn has started other games and has not played well.

Quote:Because that wasn't the only game Foles had success in. Flynn has started other games and has not played well.

Yeah, Foles should also have his games vs Tampa canned. 

Quote:He's winning with an Eagles team that finished with poor records the last 2 seasons and doing so without the QB that started the season, or his top WR. 

Don't be a hater. Kelly is going to be right up there with Belichick, Walsh, Gibbs, et al, when all is said & done. 

If he tweak some of his play-calling style he may have a shot.

Quote:I've been off the Jags tanking thing for at least a couple weeks now. I'm rooting for wins now. 

Glad im the first to catch your sarcasm on this.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote: 

Glad im the first to catch your sarcasm on this.

It wasn't/ isn't sarcasm. 

I am rooting for wins. The #1 pick is a pipe dream at this point, so why wouldn't I root for wins now?

Quote:It wasn't/ isn't sarcasm. 

I am rooting for wins. The #1 pick is a pipe dream at this point, so why wouldn't I root for wins now?

Fast foward to April 2014. If the Jags blow their 1st round pick will you look back and proclaim the Jags should have lost all their games to get the number 1, plus use that as leverage to gain more picks?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Had he come out as a junior??? LOL, his best season in college was by far his senior one. If he had come out as a junior he'd have been lucky to be drafted with those pedestrian production to that point. 

He had one season in college that I would label "highly productive". Garrard could sling it 50 yards in the air too, and sport completion pct over 60% even as a pro - didn't make him anything more than a game manager. 
While Foles built on his success as a senior, he would have been drafted even higher as a junior due to his upside, much like our own Blaine Gabbert.

It's a good lesson on why staying in school isn't necessarily a bad idea.

As for "game manager", you're aware Foles has already eclipsed Garrard's excellent 2007 season in the half season he's played, don't you?  And that he's only in his 2nd full season?  I know that doesn't fit your "Head coach is the most important" agenda that you've been pushing here for years, but these are the facts:

FACTS

Nick Foles' performance is one of the key reasons the Eagles are a couple wins away from a playoff berth.  The guy's good.  You were wrong about him at the beginning of the year, and you're wrong about him now.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 12:51 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Fast foward to April 2014. If the Jags blow their 1st round pick will you look back and proclaim the Jags should have lost all their games to get the number 1, plus use that as leverage to gain more picks?

It may play out that way to where these wins prove futile. Time will tell. Gotta hit with whatever pick they get. 

Quote:While Foles built on his success as a senior, he would have been drafted even higher as a junior due to his upside, much like our own Blaine Gabbert.

It's a good lesson on why staying in school isn't necessarily a bad idea.

As for "game manager", you're aware Foles has already eclipsed Garrard's excellent 2007 season in the half season he's played, don't you?  And that he's only in his 2nd full season?  I know that doesn't fit your "Head coach is the most important" agenda that you've been pushing here for years, but these are the facts:

FACTS

Nick Foles' performance is one of the key reasons the Eagles are a couple wins away from a playoff berth.  The guy's good.  You were wrong about him at the beginning of the year, and you're wrong about him now.

I am fully aware of Nick Foles' NFL stats, not sure what you think you are accomplishing by posting those. 

People who analyze this stuff for a living (Greg Cosell) pretty much echo's the game manager sentiment that I have brought forth regarding Foles. He was just on Colin Cowherd's show about 10 minutes ago and spoke that in his film breakdown, its clear that whats going on in Philly is more about a very well coached team that is giving Foles some designed chances to make big plays as opposed to  Foles just being some stud QB. 

Quote:... that is giving Foles some designed chances to make big plays as opposed to  Foles just being some stud QB. 

And this is revolutionary and different from every other offense save our own and the Jets how??

Foles is only having success because receivers are getting open and he's throwing to them... wait, what?

There are reads on a lot of plays where he can hand it off or throw it based on a defender. He still has to read the defense and make the right decision, so how is that different than what any good QB does? I'm confused... If you're arguing that Foles is a product of good coaching and having a good OL and RB, then fine. But Kaepernick has a good RB and a good OL and he isn't playing as well as Foles. I'm not saying he's Brady, but it's promising when a player in his first 16 games is making good decisions on such a consistent basis.

Quote:Foles is only having success because receivers are getting open and he's throwing to them... wait, what?

There are reads on a lot of plays where he can hand it off or throw it based on a defender. He still has to read the defense and make the right decision, so how is that different than what any good QB does? I'm confused... If you're arguing that Foles is a product of good coaching and having a good OL and RB, then fine. But Kaepernick has a good RB and a good OL and he isn't playing as well as Foles. I'm not saying he's Brady, but it's promising when a player in his first 16 games is making good decisions on such a consistent basis.

Brother, trust me on this; you do not want to get into the patented "circular argument" with that guy. Just understand that he will do whatever it takes to keep himself in the middle of an argument.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!