Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 08:27 PM by homebiscuit.)

(02-02-2020, 07:33 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 09:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I watched it happen again yesterday - someone circling the parking lot to find the closest spot to the gym. That's hilarious.

Meanwhile, authorities advise caution and continue the search for the unknown individual, described by locals as "The creepy dude in the panel van."

No, I drive a truck.

Chipotle has the best plastic forks. They're smooth and sturdy and scoop that Chipotle yumminess into my voracious maw.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-07-2020, 08:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 07:33 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Meanwhile, authorities advise caution and continue the search for the unknown individual, described by locals as "The creepy dude in the panel van."

No, I drive a truck.

Chipotle has the best plastic forks. They're smooth and sturdy and scoop that Chipotle yumminess into my voracious maw.
This truck?
[Image: source.gif]

(02-08-2020, 04:19 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 08:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No, I drive a truck.

This truck?
[Image: source.gif]

Well that explains where all my gas has been going.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 10:14 AM by RicoTx.)

OK, I've finished remodeling absolutely every room in the house (bought as a foreclosure).  Just finished the utility closet where the hot water heater is.  It had no finished walls and was not laid out very well for storage.  I think I'm done and can start [BLEEP] off some on weekends for the first time in three years.  Let's see what my wife says.  I'm sure she'll come up with some more interesting ideas.  Even so, all of the projects that needed to be done are done.  I should turn a very nice profit on this house whenever we decide to sell it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-10-2020, 10:13 AM)Rico Wrote: OK, I've finished remodeling absolutely every room in the house (bought as a foreclosure).  Just finished the utility closet where the hot water heater is.  It had no finished walls and was not laid out very well for storage.  I think I'm done and can start [BLEEP] off some on weekends for the first time in three years.  Let's see what my wife says.  I'm sure she'll come up with some more interesting ideas.  Even so, all of the projects that needed to be done are done.  I should turn a very nice profit on this house whenever we decide to sell it.

Do you do all the work yourself, or farm some out to contractors?

Wink 

(02-10-2020, 01:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 10:13 AM)Rico Wrote: OK, I've finished remodeling absolutely every room in the house (bought as a foreclosure).  Just finished the utility closet where the hot water heater is.  It had no finished walls and was not laid out very well for storage.  I think I'm done and can start [BLEEP] off some on weekends for the first time in three years.  Let's see what my wife says.  I'm sure she'll come up with some more interesting ideas.  Even so, all of the projects that needed to be done are done.  I should turn a very nice profit on this house whenever we decide to sell it.

DON"T ANSWER!!!   He could be the city building inspector.  Next, he'll be asking you about permits and fees.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-10-2020, 01:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Vast majority I did myself, that's why it took 3+ years.  I had a wall that needed to be removed but it was load-bearing.  So I had to have a contractor do that and place in a new load-bearing beam.  Otherwise, I would have been able to do that myself.  Then my wife decided she wanted the driveway done in pavers and a back patio built in pavers (plus a pergola).  I had worked with them before and did not have the time or patience to do that large of a project.  Other than that, it was me.  It got to be a chore (especially trying to do it while working a full time job) and each project seemed to cause new ones to be added because of the age of the house.  It's a lot easier when you have a project to do in a house here and there and don't have projects that need to be done.  Bought it for $199k...should be able to get in the $400K range from what I'm seeing.  Not going to do it again.  Not on this scale.

(02-10-2020, 01:49 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 01:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Do you do all the work yourself, or farm some out to contractors?

Vast majority I did myself, that's why it took 3+ years.  I had a wall that needed to be removed but it was load-bearing.  So I had to have a contractor do that and place in a new load-bearing beam.  Otherwise, I would have been able to do that myself.  Then my wife decided she wanted the driveway done in pavers and a back patio built in pavers (plus a pergola).  I had worked with them before and did not have the time or patience to do that large of a project.  Other than that, it was me.  It got to be a chore (especially trying to do it while working a full time job) and each project seemed to cause new ones to be added because of the age of the house.  It's a lot easier when you have a project to do in a house here and there and don't have projects that need to be done.  Bought it for $199k...should be able to get in the $400K range from what I'm seeing.  Not going to do it again.  Not on this scale.

No wonder you were always breaking something, pulling something, or just falling down!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-10-2020, 05:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 01:49 PM)Rico Wrote: Vast majority I did myself, that's why it took 3+ years.  I had a wall that needed to be removed but it was load-bearing.  So I had to have a contractor do that and place in a new load-bearing beam.  Otherwise, I would have been able to do that myself.  Then my wife decided she wanted the driveway done in pavers and a back patio built in pavers (plus a pergola).  I had worked with them before and did not have the time or patience to do that large of a project.  Other than that, it was me.  It got to be a chore (especially trying to do it while working a full time job) and each project seemed to cause new ones to be added because of the age of the house.  It's a lot easier when you have a project to do in a house here and there and don't have projects that need to be done.  Bought it for $199k...should be able to get in the $400K range from what I'm seeing.  Not going to do it again.  Not on this scale.

No wonder you were always breaking something, pulling something, or just falling down!!!

Huh? What have I reported other than a really [BLEEP] up ankle?

(02-10-2020, 06:31 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 05:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: No wonder you were always breaking something, pulling something, or just falling down!!!

Maybe she's talking about your building projects.   Wink

(02-10-2020, 08:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 06:31 PM)Rico Wrote: Huh? What have I reported other than a really [BLEEP] up ankle?

Maybe she's talking about your building projects.   Wink

Daaayum!

But seriously, good for you man.  I’ve just started trying to a lot of that stuff.  Mostly for fun not so much out of need  Some with mixed results.  That’s awesome.  Reap your rewards from your hard work. Take a break.  Cash in on it when the time comes.

(02-10-2020, 06:31 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 05:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: No wonder you were always breaking something, pulling something, or just falling down!!!

I thought you had hurt yourself a couple of times in the past year. Huh
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 08:18 AM by RicoTx.)

(02-10-2020, 11:02 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 06:31 PM)Rico Wrote: Huh? What have I reported other than a really [BLEEP] up ankle?

I thought you had hurt yourself a couple of times in the past year. Huh

Nothing more than aches and pains from busting my [BLEEP] all the time on the house.

(02-10-2020, 09:04 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 08:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Maybe she's talking about your building projects.   Wink

Daaayum!

But seriously, good for you man.  I’ve just started trying to a lot of that stuff.  Mostly for fun not so much out of need  Some with mixed results.  That’s awesome.  Reap your rewards from your hard work. Take a break.  Cash in on it when the time comes.

I always used to say that the best way to learn something is to [BLEEP] it up a couple of times.

However...now...with YouTube it's almost cheating.  I always look at four or five clips to see which ones make the most sense.

(02-11-2020, 08:16 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 11:02 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I thought you had hurt yourself a couple of times in the past year. Huh

Nothing more than aches and pains from busting my [BLEEP] all the time on the house.

(02-10-2020, 09:04 PM)Jags Wrote: Daaayum!

I always used to say that the best way to learn something is to [BLEEP] it up a couple of times.

However...now...with YouTube it's almost cheating.  I always look at four or five clips to see which ones make the most sense.

You almost have to watch 5 clips.  Weed out the obvious morons with your own common sense then take the mean/average.    Some of the smaller and non important stuff I’ll watch a few, add in my knowledge and just go to town.  There is LOTS to learn in making a mistake.  I value the info learned in screwing something up.  Luckily, my wife and I have a 5 year plan.  With our house, the only work needed is the biggies.  Roof, windows and floors.  That is to get it in selling condition.  I’ll do the floors.   Hopefully after that, we’ll sell it all and buy acreage somewhere.  That’s the plan at least.  50-100+.  Whatever we can afford.  The more land the better.  But not in this area.  Land is just too damn expensive.  And hotter than hell.  Plus save as much as possible.  We’ve got our locales of interest.  I won’t get into all that.

Going to the Music Vault tonight, Playing Country Joe and the Fish's Album "I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-DIe" It's from 1967 and it has a lot of good music on it.........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Was driving around yesterday. Saw a van that said “Just Floors”. Then it went to list all the other stuff they did. Was thinking, maybe call it “Just a lil bit of everything “

Then I saw a motor home pulling a smart car. Didn’t think much of it until I saw the Smart Car”s wipers were on.

Both sightings were a bit of a head scratcher.

I had a much better time working yesterday.

Oh wait...I had a company holiday yesterday. I was wondering why it felt so different.

Classy move, Dede.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HumansBeingBros...ame=iossmf

A weird thought just went through my head when I glanced at my Batmobile Model (The 1966 Batmobile)
It never rained in Gotham City, with that open top on the Batmobile, they would have gotten soaked...…...
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

So I was thinking....

Wait, no I wasn't.