Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(09-21-2020, 04:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 04:49 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: You can only stream it if traditional Directv is unavailable to you.

I don't get the logic.  They can still overcharge you streaming.

Certainly. Garbage company.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have streaming NFL Sunday Ticket and Direct TV is right on my area so..... Try it again
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 10:07 AM by Jagwired.)

Find the cat in this picture. It took me about 5 damn minutes.

[Image: 2qrjrybwj3n51.jpg]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 07:34 AM by homebiscuit.)

Peek-a-boo! ^^

On another note, the pot of chili with beans I made a couple of days ago has been a moving experience. Sometimes it becomes so overwhelming I'm forced to sit.

Stalker cat! Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Just ordered me a Minshew Jersey to wear for the next game I come down for
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

One more interview tomorrow here in Wyoming before we head home to make some serious choices
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-24-2020, 06:35 PM)EricC85 Wrote: One more interview tomorrow here in Wyoming before we head home to make some serious choices

How do you like it there?

I’d love to live in Wyoming or Montana. Good luck Eric. I’m surprised there is even anyone there to interview you. More reason to be there.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2020, 12:30 AM by EricC85.)

(09-24-2020, 07:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 06:35 PM)EricC85 Wrote: One more interview tomorrow here in Wyoming before we head home to make some serious choices

How do you like it there?

I absolutely love it, there’s good and bad but the just pure amount of untouched land and scenery is unbelievable. I have no doubt The winters suck but right now the weather is similar to our best months of early fall it’s 70s in the day and 50s at night one day it got up to 90 but I didn’t break a sweat because the humidity is non existent. 

The housing is a little more expensive but there going to be true anywhere outside of Palatka. Honestly it feels like old Florida in the 80s and 90s very small towns even in the “cities” 

It took forever to get here drove 40 hours last weekend so that sucks The family might as well be overseas. 

Work is a little harder to come by then I thought but I got three interviews off walk-in applications this week including the one tomorrow so I’m sure with some persistence I’ll find work. Honestly when oil fields open back up I’m considering switching from automotive to land rig work the moneys really good when oil is booming. 

The schools are not zone restricted so you can pick any school for the kids. The schools in Putnam are so bad we’ve homeschooled the last two years but if we move I’m comfortable putting them back in public school up here. 

One adjustment is the distance between towns were in Casper right now and it takes two hours in any direction to reach the next town, however each of these little towns has everything you need including all the box stores, restaurants, and entertainment stuff you’d find anywhere else. Also adjusting to mountain time is weird after living 35 years under eastern time, not sure why?

I’d say before this trip I was 60% moving in closer to 80% now just had to financially make sense.

(09-24-2020, 07:14 PM)Jags Wrote: I’d love to live in Wyoming or Montana.  Good luck Eric.  I’m surprised there is even anyone there to interview you.  More reason to be there.

Thanks man there’s about 4 major towns to choose from. Caspers population is 55k that’s where I’m focused right now but north of here is Gillette with a population of 33k and south of here is the capital Cheyenne with a population of 60k and to the north west a tourist based town Cody of about 30k. After that you run into lost of little towns with 7-10k residents and then the really small towns of under 2000 people. But certainly nothing like Florida and I guess that’s the appeal for me?

Random question: Is rock and roll dead forever? Are there any new rock groups or songs even produced anymore?

(09-26-2020, 11:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Random question: Is rock and roll dead forever? Are there any new rock groups or songs even produced anymore?

[Image: quote-my-my-hey-hey-rock-and-roll-is-her...-82-40.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2020, 12:16 PM by The Drifter.)

(09-26-2020, 11:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Random question: Is rock and roll dead forever? Are there any new rock groups or songs even produced anymore?

Every Generation ask that question because the music is geared to the youth mostly by musicians that are only in their 20's themselves

The best music I've heard in a while is by a group called Liliac, they have an EP out with original music but you can hear thier covers of classic songs on YouTube

You can thank me later

Most of today's "music" is crap.  It doesn't matter which genre for the most part it all pretty much sucks.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Doesn’t seem like it, it’s either pop, rap or country and even then most of the country that comes out is more pop than country.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2020, 07:54 PM by Jags.)

I know “Rock n roll ain’t noise pollution” and rock n roll ain’t gonna die” “rock n roll will survive (yes it will)”

But then again, “I took a look inside your bedroom door
You looked so good lying on your bed
Well, I asked you if you wanted any rhythm and love
You said you want to rock 'n' roll instead”

So who knows.  

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 07:41 PM by RicoTx.)

Well, I guess I'm actually a Texan (no not a Houston Texan Sick ).  Closed on the house in FL a couple of hours ago.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-29-2020, 05:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, I guess I'm actually a Texan (no hot a Houston Texan Sick ).  Closed on the house in FL a couple of hours ago.

Good for you.  Texas is very high up on my list of states that I would like to live in if I ever moved from Florida.  Good luck with the new chapter in your life.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-29-2020, 05:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 05:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, I guess I'm actually a Texan (no hot a Houston Texan Sick ).  Closed on the house in FL a couple of hours ago.

Good for you.  Texas is very high up on my list of states that I would like to live in if I ever moved from Florida.  Good luck with the new chapter in your life.

Texas used to be high on our list but I fear it’s the next Florida so many people moving there the state won’t look the same in 20 years

Got my Official Minshew II jersey today, I love it