Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(12-01-2020, 03:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 03:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'll let the old lady deal with it. I am officially stunned into hibernation.

That's the way to show her who wears the pants!

If you never post again, I'll just assume you forgot to log out before she got home.......

Pssh, I ain't skeered. 

Just...you know...keep it between us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 08:52 PM by Jags.)

I too hope this cold streak puts a halt to the grass growing.  I know that sounds weird.  But we’re ready for a break.  I’m not used to 12 hour days in late November/December.   And since we have a “winter schedule” EVERY SINGLE LAWN we have is on the same week.  Normally, we’d have “skips” or people telling us to hold off.  Historically, November and December weeks we work are actually heavier than our normal summer schedule.  Though we (I) make less, in the winter, the money has already been made in the summer.  Just give us a break!!!

(12-01-2020, 04:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 03:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: That's the way to show her who wears the pants!

If you never post again, I'll just assume you forgot to log out before she got home.......

Pssh, I ain't skeered. 

HB what's up with this Oumuamua thing?

(12-01-2020, 10:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 04:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Pssh, I ain't skeered. 

HB what's up with this Oumuamua thing?

The giant turd? Some people have actually postulated that it's an alien craft. 

Most likely it's a gravitational castoff from some system outside our own solar system. Or it could just be an interstellar wanderer. The universe is full of that stuff.

(12-01-2020, 10:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 10:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: HB what's up with this Oumuamua thing?

The giant turd? Some people have actually postulated that it's an alien craft. 

Most likely it's a gravitational castoff from some system outside our own solar system. Or it could just be an interstellar wanderer. The universe is full of that stuff.

They say it's changed speed and has an unexplainable trajectory. I've never heard of it before but I'm intrigued.

(12-01-2020, 10:44 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 10:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The giant turd? Some people have actually postulated that it's an alien craft. 

They say it's changed speed and has an unexplainable trajectory. I've never heard of it before but I'm intrigued.

The tinfoil hatters are always on this stuff. Its origin is approximated pretty closely and the change in speed has to do with solar pressure because it's a pretty large object. 

It's my belief that in the next century we'll have the means to land on and sample fast moving and far out objects like this. Feasible plans to capture smaller asteroids and return them to Earth are already well on the drawing boards. The problem there lies in the value of such objects. If they are rich in rare metals and elements, it would turn international markets on their ear. It's a delicate situation.

(12-01-2020, 04:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 03:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: That's the way to show her who wears the pants!

Pssh, I ain't skeered. 

Looks like someone will be playing fantasy football for a bit.

What's this about?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471a8014b2f9e32747b1...=giphy.gif]

(12-05-2020, 12:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What's this about?

He’s got an itchy booty?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-05-2020, 12:51 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

He’s got an itchy booty?

It appears more slippery than itchy, but that leads to a whole line of questioning best avoided.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

He heard the Jags are looking for a QB.

Doing a Cam Newton I think.

(12-05-2020, 02:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: He heard the Jags are looking for a QB.

LOL.  You made my day.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I like this time of year because eggnog is available in the stores. I love eggnog. With or without bourbon is fine.

The best recipe locally was made by Gustafson Farms, but they sold out so it's all pretty standard.

(12-08-2020, 09:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I like this time of year because eggnog is available in the stores. I love eggnog. With or without bourbon is fine.

The best recipe locally was made by Gustafson Farms, but they sold out so it's all pretty standard.

I can hear your arteries clogging from here!

It's already 26° here at 920pm. Just a tad bit chilly.

(12-08-2020, 10:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 09:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I like this time of year because eggnog is available in the stores. I love eggnog. With or without bourbon is fine.

I can hear your arteries clogging from here!

Eh, I just keep a defibrillator next to the refrigerator.

(12-08-2020, 10:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 10:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I can hear your arteries clogging from here!

Eh, I just keep a defibrillator next to the refrigerator.

It’s all fun and games until somebody is cracking open your chest like a walnut!

I can't remember the last time I had eggnog, but I remember liking it. When I see it mentioned, I always mean to pick some up, but never do. I'll have to make sure to it this year, especially with some bourbon.

Wife likes to mull cider this time of year.
You can mix bourbon into that, too.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.