Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Even The Chinese recognized that their balloon violated our air space.. Shoot it the hell down, bunch of clowns.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-03-2023, 11:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Even The Chinese recognized that their balloon violated our air space.. Shoot it the hell down, bunch of clowns.

My guess is they are doing this in response to some type of intelligence gathering we do on them in which they are powerless to stop. Most of this stuff is [BLEEP] for tat. Plus, it provides more information to us while operable than a crumpled wreck.

I have to wonder where the technology is currently at. This seems like a rather dated style of espionage to attempt.

You hear about nanotechnology eventually getting to the point where our government could eventually create spy “insects”. When it gets to that point big brother or the Chinese or whoever could conceivably have eyes and ears everywhere. Spy ballon seems like childs play by comparison, even if the tech isn’t there yet.

That said, either shoot it the [BLEEP] down or bring it down, reprogram it and send it back.

Springboarding off of a sidetracked topic on the Jags thread, my wife and I went to Arby's yesterday for lunch. I read about all the Arby's stuff and started to fiend for it..

So, we're sitting inside, enjoying our lunch, (I had the Double Beef n' Cheddar and a side of their jalapeño poppers, which are outstanding btw, they're made with cream cheese instead of cheddar, which makes them 10x better in my opinion)..

Anyway, we're sitting there and this Uber Eats driver comes in and picks up this order that was sitting under a hot lamp. About 5 minutes later, another Uber Eats driver comes in and was asking about that same order that already got picked up by the other Uber Eats driver 5 minutes earlier. While the 2nd Uber idiot was there asking for the missing order, a 3rd Uber idiot came in and tried picking a fight with the 2nd Uber idiot for trying to pick up the order. It was like lunch and a show lolol

I'd like to add, none of those Uber idiots looked like they've bathed in over a month.

I would NEVER order Uber Eats or any of those services. The only people I want handling my food is the preparation people, and sometimes, even that can be sketchy..

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2023, 02:12 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-03-2023, 01:02 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I have to wonder where the technology is currently at.  This seems like a rather dated style of espionage to attempt.

You hear about nanotechnology eventually getting to the point where our government could eventually create spy “insects”. When it gets to that point big brother or the Chinese or whoever could conceivably have eyes and ears everywhere.  Spy ballon seems like childs play by comparison, even if the tech isn’t there yet.

That said, either shoot it the [BLEEP] down or bring it down, reprogram it and send it back.

The only advantage to something like this would be the ability to gather signals intelligence, which the U.S. has already responded to by going silent.

This isn’t the first time it has happened and it isn’t as if the balloon suddenly appeared. I have no doubt we’ve been tracking it since it was over the Pacific. We’re just observing and learning. We could have shot this thing down long ago but there is more to be learned by just observing in the electromagnetic spectrum.

https://www.space.com/china-surveillance...s-airspace

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2023, 03:17 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-03-2023, 11:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Even The Chinese recognized that their balloon violated our air space.. Shoot it the hell down, bunch of clowns.

It was over Montana Wednesday, so I'm sure it's already been shot at multiple times.

A few possibilities here:
1) It's a weather balloon.
2) It's a Chinese spy balloon getting a closer look at our missile silos
3) It's a Chinese balloon doing close up mapping of Chinese-owned farmland (it'll be up there a while)
4) It's the Death Star
5) The Orb of Oracle has returned as promised
6) The aliens are back to do more 'testing'
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2023, 04:29 PM by Mikey.)

(02-03-2023, 11:24 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 08:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Interesting. 

US tracking large Chinese spy balloon flying across the country, officials say (msn.com)

[Image: AA173bj4.img?w=768&h=576&m=6]

Shoot it down, salvage the wreckage and study the technology.  Hopefully crack the security protocol.

Knowing our luck, the balloon would be filled with the next coof variant, and you just sparked the next pandemic to find out it's a toaster taped to a TI-84 calculator

(02-03-2023, 01:18 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Springboarding off of a sidetracked topic on the Jags thread, my wife and I went to Arby's yesterday for lunch. I read about all the Arby's stuff and started to fiend for it..

So, we're sitting inside, enjoying our lunch, (I had the Double Beef n' Cheddar and a side of their jalapeño poppers, which are outstanding btw, they're made with cream cheese instead of cheddar, which makes them 10x better in my opinion)..

Anyway, we're sitting there and this Uber Eats driver comes in and picks up this order that was sitting under a hot lamp. About 5 minutes later, another Uber Eats driver comes in and was asking about that same order that already got picked up by the other Uber Eats driver 5 minutes earlier. While the 2nd Uber idiot was there asking for the missing order, a 3rd Uber idiot came in and tried picking a fight with the 2nd Uber idiot for trying to pick up the order. It was like lunch and a show lolol

I'd like to add, none of those Uber idiots looked like they've bathed in over a month.

I would NEVER order Uber Eats or any of those services. The only people I want handling my food is the preparation people, and sometimes, even that can be sketchy..

First, you're welcome.

Second, agree completely. We do a lot of takeout, but I always go and pick up. Partly because I am cheap, partly because I am impatient, and partly because I've also seen most of the gig drivers around town.

Just saw on the news that the Pentagon said as soon as the balloon was detected approaching Alaska, measures were taken to disable its ability to gather information. My guess would be lasers and high energy RF were directed towards it to overwhelm sensors and receivers.

[Image: SereneVagueHaddock-max-1mb.gif]

[Image: 9-EC801-B1-67-C5-48-CE-B50-B-C2-CB497-AB0-C4.jpg]
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-03-2023, 03:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

It was over Montana Wednesday, so I'm sure it's already been shot at multiple times.

3) It's a Chinese balloon doing close up mapping of Chinese-owned farmland (it'll be up there a while)
4) It's the Death Star

I'm all for it being the Death Star. That would make things interesting.

(02-03-2023, 11:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 03:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It was over Montana Wednesday, so I'm sure it's already been shot at multiple times.

4) It's the Death Star

I'm all for it being the Death Star. That would make things interesting.

Can't be The Death Star, they took that down here in Green Cove after New Years.

OK, just relaxing somewhat on a VERY COLD Friday night here in Maryland (16 F outside) Grabbed a Michelob Ultra and popped in a DVD I have not watched in a long time..... Brandon Lee........ The Crow..........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Saturday night...... Think I'm just going to relax, have a Bloody Mary, put on a DVD and just chill....... At almost 62 years old, my clubbing/partying days are long past me...... I'd rather spend my evenings at home doing my thing now.......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Scored some Girl Scout cookies this afternoon and just opened a box of Tagalongs. Big Grin It's been a long off-season.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2023, 08:06 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-05-2023, 08:02 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Scored some Girl Scout cookies this afternoon and just opened a box of Tagalongs. Big Grin It's been a long off-season.

We both can play at this game. Weirdo. Oh, happy face emoji so people understand sarcasm or jokes or whatever

(02-05-2023, 08:05 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 08:02 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Scored some Girl Scout cookies this afternoon and just opened a box of Tagalongs. Big Grin It's been a long off-season.

We both can play at this game. Weirdo. Oh, happy face emoji so people understand sarcasm or jokes or whatever

It was actually with the Girl Scout's mother....... Banana ..........and my wife watched us do it!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Let's play a little game. It's called "Spot Madonna"..

Take your best educated guess. 

A)[Image: 20230206-125206.jpg]

B)[Image: 20230206-125134.jpg]

C)[Image: 20230206-125105.jpg]

D)[Image: 20230206-125032.jpg]

E)[Image: 20230206-125108.jpg]

Choose wisely!

(02-06-2023, 01:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Let's play a little game. It's called "Spot Madonna"..

Choose wisely!

My gym teacher and football coach from middle looked like Vigo the Carpathian. One ugly dude, but a hell of a cook when time came for pregame meals.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(02-06-2023, 01:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Let's play a little game. It's called "Spot Madonna"..

Choose wisely!

The correct answer is "All of the above."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato