Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Happy Halloween!  I always liked the Michael Myers theme from the Halloween movies, so I decided to record a cover of it. Because, why not?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-31-2018, 11:53 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Happy Halloween!  I always liked the Michael Myers theme from the Halloween movies, so I decided to record a cover of it. Because, why not?

Bwhahhahha, great ending. I will admit I expected a lick or two from you at some point.

So in just over three weeks, I'm gonna be a Californian.

There will be no press release.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(10-31-2018, 01:44 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 11:53 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Happy Halloween!  I always liked the Michael Myers theme from the Halloween movies, so I decided to record a cover of it. Because, why not?

Bwhahhahha, great ending. I will admit I expected a lick or two from you at some point.
Always the critic, SF.  Always the critic...
(10-31-2018, 01:47 PM)Deacon Wrote: So in just over three weeks, I'm gonna be a Californian.

Just don't get all Donnie Darko on us like raisin guy up there ^ 

Tongue Banana

(10-31-2018, 01:47 PM)Deacon Wrote: So in just over three weeks, I'm gonna be a Californian.

Congrats my man!

(10-31-2018, 01:44 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Thanks! I did contemplate doing some soloing over it, but I decided to make it just like the original. Seemed like anything else I did took away from the creepiness of it.

Better stock up on grits, I don’t believe they allow them out there! Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

My deepest and most sincere condolences.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-01-2018, 01:41 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Better stock up on grits, I don’t believe they allow them out there! Ninja

Hahahaha. I went to a place near your area and had them for the first time last year. I honestly don't even know what it is exactly but it was good.

(11-01-2018, 03:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 01:41 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Better stock up on grits, I don’t believe they allow them out there! Ninja

Hahahaha. I went to a place near your area and had them for the first time last year. I honestly don't even know what it is exactly but it was good.

It always amuses me when people have never heard of ground corn.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(11-01-2018, 03:28 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 03:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Hahahaha. I went to a place near your area and had them for the first time last year. I honestly don't even know what it is exactly but it was good.

It always amuses me when people have never heard of ground corn.

Maybe not in this case, but sometimes it is better to try new foods without knowing the details. Big Grin

(11-01-2018, 03:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 01:41 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Better stock up on grits, I don’t believe they allow them out there! Ninja

You’ll be saying “y’all” in no time! Wink
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I’m posting this from the DMZ.

*sigh* Hold on. Kim Jung Un wants to take a selfie with me.

(11-02-2018, 11:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m posting this from the DMZ.

Have some bibimbap for me.

(11-03-2018, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 11:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m posting this from the DMZ.

Have some bibimbap for me.

Done. 

Typically bulgogi is served on a a plate with rice, but the other day I had some as like a hotpot soup. It was simply excellent along with all the side dishes. Koreans know how to throw down on some wholesome, yummy food.

(11-04-2018, 05:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Have some bibimbap for me.

Done. 

Typically bulgogi is served on a a plate with rice, but the other day I had some as like a hotpot soup. It was simply excellent along with all the side dishes. Koreans know how to throw down on some wholesome, yummy food.

No doubt.  One of my old apt buildings in NYC back around 2005-06 had a great little Korean joint on the ground floor around the corner from the entrance. Had a lot of great (mostly wholesome) lunches there.  

There's a new little Mom & Pop Korean spot in Jax over near the Regency Home Depot. Had a good rice bowl there recently. Looking forward to trying more of their fare. 
https://riceandnoodles.net/

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2018, 09:28 PM by homebiscuit.)

[Image: 800px-Lotte_World_Tower_%28April_30_2017%29.jpg]

I spent all day in Seoul yesterday checking out the sights, including the Lotte Tower. One floor of the observation deck, which you can see towards the top in the picture, has an outcropping with a glass floor. Looking down with nothing below your feet for 1570 feet is a little unsettling. It's even worse when people start hopping up and down on it while movement of the building can be felt.

OK, it's snowing where I'm at. I just want to know who the hell ordered it.
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

It's such a complete chore cosuming all these drinks my employer paid for, but I'll soldier on nonetheless, because I ain't a quitter.

It’s good to be back in ‘merica. Hopefully no unplanned layover in Dallas again.