Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

I decided go a little nuts this morning.

When I was out walking, I crossed the street on a green light.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-15-2017, 08:14 AM)Rico Wrote: I decided go a little nuts this morning.

When I was out walking, I crossed the street on a green light.

Easy there, Rico Knievel.

More Like Super Dave Osborne.........

Big Grin
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Traffic is so much better when school is out for the summer. My commute gets cut in half.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2017, 09:54 AM by RicoTx.)

Oh sure. Joke about it. I easily saw 6 or 7 cars while I was out.

(06-15-2017, 09:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Traffic is so much better when school is out for the summer. My commute gets cut in half.

For the most part I agree.  I can stay off of interstates when school is out.  However, Greenland Rd. seems to attract people that drive 10-15 mph under the speed limit.  It looked like a damn parade this morning.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-15-2017, 09:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Traffic is so much better when school is out for the summer. My commute gets cut in half.

It's like that here in Tampa, as well. It's amazing how much traffic open schools generate.

(06-15-2017, 09:41 AM)The Drifter Wrote: More Like Super Dave Osborne.........

Big Grin

Or Rex Kramer, Danger Seeker.

Man, who'da thunk that the people that give you money actually expect you to do stuff.

What kind of situation is this?!?!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I'm on some pretty good pain pills right now cause of these dumb [BLEEP] wisdom toofisus

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-13-2017, 05:01 PM)DragonFury Wrote: For anyone who cares; the thread on the previous board was started at 7:40AM on Sept 18, 2013. It had 14,031 posts over 702 pages though a fair few were hidden by mods. Biggest posters were Bchbunnie4 (2935 posts), Rico (1545 posts), Deacon (1176 posts), homebiscuit (1083 posts), and Superfan32 (950 posts) and there were 12 poster with 100 or more posts in the thread.

Imagine how much work I'd have gotten done if I hadn't been on here so much.. depressing thought.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(06-16-2017, 09:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm on some pretty good pain pills right now cause of these dumb [BLEEP] wisdom toofisus

Enjoy it while you can.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Still enjoying the Hotel Life......

Doing my laundry right now.....
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

30 degrees outside and I'm on overtime...

Mind you, I have just had 9 days off.

(06-19-2017, 11:55 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: 30 degrees outside and I'm on overtime...

Jacksonville average temps in June:

Low- 23c
High -31c

( and about 1.25 inches of rain every afternoon between 2pm-5pm  - oops - 2.5cm )

(06-19-2017, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 11:55 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: 30 degrees outside and I'm on overtime...

Low- 23c
High -31c

( and about 1.25 inches of rain every afternoon between 2pm-5pm  - oops - 2.5cm )

We generally average anywhere between 18c & 34c in the summer. 18c feels warm to us.. I'll be wearing shorts & flip flops at any temperature over 10c.

I love the sun.. I grew up in Cyprus so anything of up to 38c is great with me..

(06-19-2017, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Low- 23c
High -31c

I'm sure that's very tough on you when you walk from your airconditioned car to you airconditioned office or to the airconditioned store.

(06-19-2017, 12:49 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jacksonville average temps in June:

Low- 23c
High -31c

I'm sure that's very tough on you when you walk from your airconditioned car to you airconditioned office or to the airconditioned store.

For most - I'm sure that's the case.

I actually don't go crazy with the AC at home though. 25-26c (78-79 F) is pretty normal at my house for the air-conditioner. My house is also usually my office.

The degree to which many Florida restaurants and stores "over-condition" their air in the summer is really crazy to me. I really don't need it to be 68 degrees (20c) while I do my shopping, watch a movie at the theater, or eat a meal. It's ridiculous to me.

(06-19-2017, 01:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 12:49 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I'm sure that's very tough on you when you walk from your airconditioned car to you airconditioned office or to the airconditioned store.

For most - I'm sure that's the case.  

I actually don't go crazy with the AC at home though.  25-26c  (78-79 F) is pretty normal at my house for the air-conditioner.  My house is also usually my office.

The degree to which many Florida restaurants and stores "over-condition" their air in the summer is really crazy to me.  I really don't need it to be 68 degrees (20c) while I do my shopping, watch a movie at the theater, or eat a meal.  It's ridiculous to me.

We don't want you to sweat, because, like Slider, you stink.

(06-19-2017, 01:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 01:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: ...
The degree to which many Florida restaurants and stores "over-condition" their air in the summer is really crazy to me.  I really don't need it to be 68 degrees (20c) while I do my shopping, watch a movie at the theater, or eat a meal.  It's ridiculous to me.

We don't want you to sweat, because, like Slider, you stink.

Not possible. I shower every three days whether I need it or not. 

Banana

It's 110 (or will be shortly) here today.