Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Photos

(01-09-2018, 05:54 PM)Jags Wrote: [Image: H0HMVT]When I follow the insert image button and add the url here is what I get

And if I copy an image and paste it on my reply it looks good until it posts. Shows like this.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/wp-content...017327.jpg

Test

[Image: web1_fbn-raiders_060316db_002_7017327.jpg]

Ok I think I got it.

How did you do it? I've always wondered this to. You mean like pictures that are on your computer desktop or something that you are trying to upload? Because that's my problem. I then have to go online to an image hosting site and upload a URL for it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When I open the insert image box, I went online and found the image and hit copy. Took that and pasted it in the url box. It’ll give you the option to copy the url of the image and that didn’t work. I Haven’t had any luck with images that I have on my iPad. Full disclosure I’m not a computer guy at all. But this should be fairly easy in my opinion. I just have issues here. Hope that helps.

(01-09-2018, 06:29 PM)Jags Wrote: When I open the insert image box, I went online and found the image and hit copy. Took that and pasted it in the url box. It’ll give you the option to copy the url of the image and that didn’t work. I Haven’t had any luck with images that I have on my iPad. Full disclosure I’m not a computer guy at all. But this should be fairly easy in my opinion. I just have issues here. Hope that helps.

Oh yeah, I already know how to do that. I thought you were referring to how to upload an image from your computer without a url. That's what I'm curious about. Thanks though!

2 things:

1) While you can absolutely link to external images, hotlinking is not ideal since we are then putting load on other peoples web sites when people visit our site. Attaching the pictures to your post is optimal.

2) attaching works, but the embedding thing seems to have a glitch. Until I fix it, its best to attach the picture, use the 'preview post' button to get a link to the picture, and then embed that URL via the IMG tag. I'll report back once it's fixed.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

Idk, I’ve tried the advice above. I’m still having issues. Can somebody help me with this?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!