Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Booze Thread

Lazy holiday mornings often mean a little extra love in the morning cup o' joe.

This year it's this concoction along with a dollop of homemade whipped cream:

[Image: 10149coff_b.jpeg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I had home made Puerto Rican Coquito with breakfast this morning.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-25-2018, 04:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I had home made Puerto Rican Coquito with breakfast this morning.

Alcohol ... Home made?

Breakfast?

You have my attention. I am going to go with Maple Crown on my Waffles tomorrow. Don't try to stop me.

(12-29-2018, 08:39 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(12-25-2018, 04:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I had home made Puerto Rican Coquito with breakfast this morning.

Alcohol ... Home made?

Breakfast?

You have my attention. I am going to go with Maple Crown on my Waffles tomorrow. Don't try to stop me.

You had me at waffles! Love
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I will gladly serve you waffles in bed (or the shower), in the morning, the afternoon, and evening.   Banana

I would be the best Buttler ... ever. Smile

(01-01-2019, 05:55 PM)Sammy Wrote: I will gladly serve you waffles in bed (or the shower), in the morning, the afternoon, and evening.   Banana

Such a tease!

(01-01-2019, 06:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 05:55 PM)Sammy Wrote: I will gladly serve you waffles in bed (or the shower), in the morning, the afternoon, and evening.   Banana

Such a tease!

I know, you caught me ... I only have pancakes. Sad

(01-02-2019, 07:05 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 06:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Such a tease!

I know, you caught me ... I only have pancakes.  Sad

I like pancakes too...just not as much as waffles!

Waffles, pancakes...please people, there is nothing better than croissants ! The French ones of course  Cool

[Image: Croissant.jpg?1433951832]

Rescued from page 4

Still a fair amount of work to get done tonight since I goofed off and played a round of golf today, but I'm cracking open a bottle of Wild Turkey before I jump into it.

Just pouring over a few cubes in a nice tumbler.

(04-10-2019, 08:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Rescued from page 4

Still a fair amount of work to get done tonight since I goofed off and played a round of golf today, but I'm cracking open a bottle of Wild Turkey before I jump into it.

I couldn't ever get into regular Wild Turkey, but their Rare Breed is pretty damn good.

(04-10-2019, 11:43 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:

I couldn't ever get into regular Wild Turkey, but their Rare Breed is pretty damn good.

Yeah. It's pretty rough around the edges actually.

The rare breed is much nicer, and the Master's Keep is incredible if you ever get the chance.  ($150 per bottle) 

My favorite on the budget tip lately is the Old Forester Rye.  It's a dark and distinctive rye for under $30. 
100 proof, but much smoother than you'd think. Hard to find at the moment. They just came out with it and the first shipment to stores sold out quickly as collectors and traders are into it.

(04-10-2019, 11:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 11:43 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I couldn't ever get into regular Wild Turkey, but their Rare Breed is pretty damn good.

Yeah. It's pretty rough around the edges actually.

The rare breed is much nicer, and the Master's Keep is incredible if you ever get the chance.  ($150 per bottle) 

My favorite on the budget tip lately is the Old Forester Rye.  It's a dark and distinctive rye for under $30. 
100 proof, but much smoother than you'd think. Hard to find at the moment. They just came out with it and the first shipment to stores sold out quickly as collectors and traders are into it.

My pick for best value bourbon is Buffalo Trace. While it's certainly not the best bourbon ever, it's the best for it's price (typically high 20s) and even beats some higher priced bourbons, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I'd ever pay $150 for a bottle. The highest I go is Knob Creek Single Barrel, and that's one of my favorites. 120 proof but not harsh at all. Can be sipped neat. I get myself in trouble with it sometimes. It's like candy to me.

(04-11-2019, 12:19 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: My pick for best value bourbon is Buffalo Trace. While it's certainly not the best bourbon ever, it's the best for it's price (typically high 20s) and even beats some higher priced bourbons, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I'd ever pay $150 for a bottle. The highest I go is Knob Creek Single Barrel, and that's one of my favorites. 120 proof but not harsh at all. Can be sipped neat. I get myself in trouble with it sometimes. It's like candy to me.

One of my favorites is Elmer T. Lee ... It's a [BLEEP] to get, but I have a source that comes through on occasion. Any Buffalo Trace is a pretty solid all around choice. Just didn't know it was all that popular around "your" parts. You have good taste. Smile

I can hang with Wild Turkey 101. A little rough but not bad for the price. My go to is Knob Creek Small Batch, either bourbon or rye. It's a tad more expensive at $35, but a smoother whisky with a 3 digit proof you'll not find any cheaper. Our local liquor store (I'm deep in the bible belt, there are 3 in the entire county) also runs a regular special on 1.75 liter bottles of Larceny Small Batch for $55, and he gives me a senior citizen's discount. Finally, a tangible benefit for lasting 6 decades.

I always take mine neat, sipping slow.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Rolling Rock tonight 33
18 Pack for $13 so......
Cheap Night
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 06:54 AM by RicoTx.)

I can't drink while I'm on all these painkillers.    Sad

I went to a cookout/party yesterday afternoon.  Without a beer (or several) in hand I noticed how many annoying people were there.  Plus I couldn't just walk away from a conversation like I normally would.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2019, 04:00 PM by The Drifter.)

Saved from Page 2
Yesterday was my Birthday (the 27th) so I'm celebrating tonight
18 Rolling Rocks should do the trick
And they're in the Bottle not the can lol
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

The booze thread is saved. I'm going beer shopping later. Will report.

Until then - hear it from your not-so-picky quarterback:

https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1176...40128?s=20

Amsterdam Pineapple w/Dole Pineapple Juice...

Awesome Sauce...

NH3...
"AZANE"