Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Booze Thread

(06-08-2017, 08:53 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 12:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wine counts. 
What's your poison? 

I'm into big reds and crisp whites. 

I like California Zinfandels and Cabarnets usually for the big reds.  Depending on the pairing I'll go to the fruity/jammy side with a Petit Syrah or syrah blend.  

For a lighter red I dig the Clos DuVal Pinot Noir (Napa) and a few of the Oregon Pinots are hip too. 

When eating Italian I dig the Amarone, the Super Tuscans and Barolos for big reds and the Nero D'avola or Primitivo for lighter reds. 

My favorite white wines are usually sauvignon blanc or something akin to it.  French Sancerre is probably my fave sav blanc. Not into the New Zealand sav blancs much though. 
 Portugal exports a very light  and inexpensive vinho verde which is amazing with seafood. It's not a sparkilng wine, but it has a tiny touch of effervescence.

I love Pinot Noirs.  I agree that the Oregon Pinots are strong.  I had a few when I was in Vegas in February that I wish I would have made a note of because they were dynamite.

Sav Blanc season is coming.  I like Cabs, but more in the winter.

My main go to, which is to say it is always in my house, is a cheap Pinot Noir called Estancia.  It is a Monterrey County wine that goes for about $14 a bottle, but recently Publix has had it for $10.  I have been buying it up every time I go!

(06-08-2017, 01:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'm a Central Coast wine man.

Clautiere, Chronic or Eberle for me please, although you can probably persuade me to have some Caymus on occasion Smile

Chronic???
If you get a chance, give 19 crimes a try. It's a little difficult to find, but everyone I have tried has been very good. Their red blend is very smooth.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-28-2017, 09:59 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 08:53 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: I love Pinot Noirs.  I agree that the Oregon Pinots are strong.  I had a few when I was in Vegas in February that I wish I would have made a note of because they were dynamite.

Sav Blanc season is coming.  I like Cabs, but more in the winter.

My main go to, which is to say it is always in my house, is a cheap Pinot Noir called Estancia.  It is a Monterrey County wine that goes for about $14 a bottle, but recently Publix has had it for $10.  I have been buying it up every time I go!

Chronic???
If you get a chance, give 19 crimes a try. It's a little difficult to find, but everyone I have tried has been very good. Their red blend is very smooth.

You're not seriously suggesting I try an Australian wine are you? Cmon playboy.

Just poured myself two fingers of reposado tequila and cracked a beer.

(09-03-2017, 08:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Just poured myself two fingers of reposado tequila and cracked a beer.

Well don't skimp on the details!

(09-03-2017, 10:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 08:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Just poured myself two fingers of reposado tequila and cracked a beer.

Well don't skimp on the details!

Herradura and Tecate. 

I'm due for a steak night soon. Care to recommend a big red that I may not know?  You know I dig the CA Zins and Cabs.

(09-03-2017, 10:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 10:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Well don't skimp on the details!

Herradura and Tecate. 

I'm due for a steak night soon. Care to recommend a big red that I may not know?  You know I dig the CA Zins and Cabs.

Sure thing, I'd recommend:

Clautiere Cab
Sinegal Estates Cab (really new winery)

Or one of my favorites wineries out this way:

ROAR Rosella Vineyard Syrah. They also do a really excellent Pinot if you ever care to go a little lighter.

Btw NYC, Tecate?

I hope it's at 32.5 degrees!  Tongue

(09-04-2017, 12:03 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 10:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Herradura and Tecate. 

Sure thing, I'd recommend:

Clautiere Cab
Sinegal Estates Cab (really new winery)

Or one of my favorites wineries out this way:

ROAR Rosella Vineyard Syrah. They also do a really excellent Pinot if you ever care to go a little lighter.

Btw NYC, Tecate?

I hope it's at 32.5 degrees!  Tongue

Haha. I know, I know.  It was on sale at the corner store and I had to host a bunch of broke musicians Saturday for a rehearsal. I got it for them but had leftovers.  I don't really mind it so much (to back up a tequila with, anyway.)

I'll seek out one of those reds this week and report back. Thanks!

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 10:04 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

I did the Moscow Mule thing for a while. I got a 100% raw copper mug, and the mug itself is the most interesting. The raw copper will react with almost anything. Put some good old tap water in the mug at night and the inside of the mug will be tarnished and black in the morning from the impurities in the water.

Lately been drinking a dark rum called Whaler's. And I'll never turn down a nice bottle of dry red wine, especially a good Cabernet.

Actually I had quit drinking earlier this year but I've lost so many family and friends this summer I now keep something around for medicating the bereaved and for toasting those who have traveled on without us.

Kirkland Scotch with a Miller Lite back. Storm gear.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-04-2017, 10:00 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I did the Moscow Mule thing for a while.  I got a 100% raw copper mug, and the mug itself is the most interesting.  The raw copper will react with almost anything.  Put some good old tap water in the mug at night and the inside of the mug will be tarnished and black in the morning from the impurities in the water.

Lately been drinking a dark rum called Whaler's.  
And I'll never turn down a nice bottle of dry red wine, especially a good Cabernet.

Actually I had quit drinking earlier this year but I've lost so many family and friends this summer I now keep something around for medicating the bereaved and for toasting those who have traveled on without us.

You might want to check out this rum I really like:  Zacapa 23

I'm well equipped for the storm now.  

Two bottles of wine, a bottle of reposado, a bottle of vodka, and about 20 beers.  Fruit, lemonade and seltzer for mixing.
I think I'll be good till Tuesday. 

Fingers crossed for my family and everyone else down there in SW Florida.

Jameson, Yuengling, XX Amber, Malibu, and red sangria.

Yes, its a 3 day bender to celebrate the storm.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nothing like an Ice Cold Miller High Life on a hot muggy day
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

(09-09-2017, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Two bottles of wine, a bottle of reposado, a bottle of vodka, and about 20 beers.  Fruit, lemonade and seltzer for mixing.

Turned out to be not quite enough. LOL. 

But a local mom&pop liquor store with a generator saved the candlelight scrabble tournament last night with one more bottle of Tequila and some lemonade for 20 bucks cash.  

Power is back on now Smile

(09-12-2017, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Turned out to be not quite enough. LOL. 

But a local mom&pop liquor store with a generator saved the candlelight scrabble tournament last night with one more bottle of Tequila and some lemonade for 20 bucks cash.  

I always pictured you as a fully stocked bar kinda guy  Banana

(09-12-2017, 04:36 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Turned out to be not quite enough. LOL. 

I always pictured you as a fully stocked bar kinda guy  Banana

I have big plans for the bar at the next house. Currently, it's a matter of space/storage.  Can only keep a couple of bottles of booze around neatly. But I do usually have 4 or 5 bottles of wine in a rack.
  I didn't account for the girlfriend having 4 days off consecutively and starting early every day this time around  Cool

The only thing I can keep around for myself and still have anything left when I return from touring is Bourbon. And I've been off the ol' Kentucky Magic for a little while until Fall rolls around. 
She and her pals drinks me out of house and home otherwise when I'm gone for a week or more.

Got the Champagne of Beers in my hand right now
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

Buncha slackers!

Scrimshaw Pilsner for me tonight.

Nice choice, SF. I like the Scrimshaw Pils.

In the same American craft pilsner vibe - I have Victory Pilsner on hand for the game today. Maybe a shot of reposado at halftime =)

Wings soaking in a brown sugar and salt brine. Gonna hit them with a spicy dry rub and throw 'em on the grill at noon.

Heading out to Publix in a minute to stock up for 1pm. Here's hoping something good is on the BOGO shelf!

Just poured my first Crown and Coke. Go Jags.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.