Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Booze Thread

XX Amber. The Peroni was BOGO today.  Angry
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cranberry MANmosas were the poison Du Jour yesterday.

Seemed to do quite fine.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I officially had too much tequilas yesterday.

Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye. 

Quite tasty.

(12-04-2017, 05:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye. 

Quite tasty.

Can confirm.

Also, Wiser's Rye can do wonders when mixed with Sweet Vermouth... a dash of bitters... maybe a cherry...
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(11-19-2017, 08:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: XX Amber. The Peroni was BOGO today.  Angry

I bought a case of Peroni when it was BOGO (essentially 4 6-packs for the price of 2).  While I do like Peroni, I did a compare with Stella which was in my fridge as well and Stella was somewhat smoother.  That said, I'd buy the Peroni BOGO again and must note that the draft Peroni that comes out of the tap at Carrabas is much smoother than that which comes in the bottle.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 09:35 AM by RicoTx.)

I have a bottle of Patron Silver Special Edition in the freezer, chilling for the Seahawks tailgating.  On a side note, the weather will be perfect for my chili this Sunday.  And who doesn't love tequila with a chili chaser?  And if NYC4Jags isn't too dum and gets to the tailgating on time, he can have some of both.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 10:02 AM by Achilles.)

https://i1.wp.com/beerstreetjournal.com/...h=172&crop

Highly recommend grabbing yourselves at least 1 bottle of this if you can find it.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/47658/
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(12-05-2017, 03:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 08:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: XX Amber. The Peroni was BOGO today.  Angry

I bought a case of Peroni when it was BOGO (essentially 4 6-packs for the price of 2).  While I do like Peroni, I did a compare with Stella which was in my fridge as well and Stella was somewhat smoother.  That said, I'd buy the Peroni BOGO again and must note that the draft Peroni that comes out of the tap at Carrabas is much smoother than that which comes in the bottle.

Agreed, I don't care for the bottles, but the draft goes good with a light dinner. I had two last weekend with some gnocchi and it left me feeling the bloats.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Man I have not had any booze for 5 months....... Been on too many pain pills (Need Hip replacement surgery)

But I have had some Killer Weed.......

Girl Scout Cookies and White Candy Strains.......

Great for pain and relaxation
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Music 

[Image: hamms_1953_ice_00.jpg]
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(12-06-2017, 09:30 AM)Rico Wrote: I have a bottle of Patron Silver Special Edition in the freezer, chilling for the Seahawks tailgating.  On a side note, the weather will be perfect for my chili this Sunday.  And who doesn't love tequila with a chili chaser?  And if NYC4Jags isn't too dum and gets to the tailgating on time, he can have some of both.

I was late (delayed flight) but I still had a few chilled shots! Good stuff. 

Welp... after just putting a new starter and radiator in my truck, the turbo died in my Volvo,  and my irrigation pump has shot motor bearings. It looks like my bar will be stocked with the cheap stuff for a few weeks - maybe longer.  

Any suggestions from the bottom shelf folks around here?   I need the good but cheap stuff!

(12-13-2017, 07:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 09:30 AM)Rico Wrote: I have a bottle of Patron Silver Special Edition in the freezer, chilling for the Seahawks tailgating.  On a side note, the weather will be perfect for my chili this Sunday.  And who doesn't love tequila with a chili chaser?  And if NYC4Jags isn't too dum and gets to the tailgating on time, he can have some of both.

Welp... after just putting a new starter and radiator in my truck, the turbo died in my Volvo,  and my irrigation pump has shot motor bearings. It looks like my bar will be stocked with the cheap stuff for a few weeks - maybe longer.  

Any suggestions from the bottom shelf folks around here?   I need the good but cheap stuff!

Southern Comfort is always a good stand by, under $20 a bottle where I'm at

Yukon Jack is 100 proof Canadian Whisky and it's relatively cheap

But if you want cheap cheap, Grab some Ouzo.......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(12-13-2017, 07:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Milagro and the Turk.

(12-13-2017, 08:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 07:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I was late (delayed flight) but I still had a few chilled shots! Good stuff. 

Milagro and the Turk.

Milagro is a mid shelf around here unfortunately : /     I went with the ol el jimador tonight.  Times is tough. 
Tequila is definitely cheaper in California. 

The wild gobbler is a solid cheapie-go-to though!  I'll get on that this weekendSmile

(12-14-2017, 12:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 08:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Milagro and the Turk.

Milagro is a mid shelf around here unfortunately : /     I went with the ol el jimador tonight.  Times is tough. 
Tequila is definitely cheaper in California. 

The wild gobbler is a solid cheapie-go-to though!  I'll get on that this weekendSmile

Two words: Beer
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I had a Christmas drink last night, Bailey's and Rumchata on the rocks with a cinnamon stick swizzle. Was down right festive.

Zima
Huh

(12-14-2017, 09:56 AM)Monty Wrote: Zima

They actually brought that stuff back from the grave, you know?  

Saw it at Total Wine the other day.  Had a roommate in NYC a decade ago that adopted it as his "day drink." 
Not my bag.

Recent birthday gifts. You're reading it correctly, the bourbon is 125 proof, and very smooth.

[Image: 1792-full-proof-kentucky-straight-bourbo...812842.jpg][Image: 1800-REPOSADO.jpg]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]