Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Booze Thread

(10-25-2018, 03:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 03:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: NYC you should see the haul I brought back with me. Legal limits be damned  Big Grin

Oh snap. You toured a bunch of the distilleries didn't you? Saw some of those IGs.  You bastard! Haha. 
I expect some reports!

Yes sir. Problem is what they sell domestically and what they export are completely different. 

The main one I toured was Cofradia (Casa Noble).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 08:45 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

Found my 3rd bottle of Weller 12 in the wild in the past 4 or 5 months yesterday. For those not familiar, very sought after and hard to find bottle, at least in our area. Also, about as smooth as they come in the bourbon world, though I do love my ryes as well. This last one was a 1.75L so I should be good for a while.

(11-02-2018, 08:41 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Found my 3rd bottle of Weller 12 in the wild in the past 4 or 5 months yesterday.  For those not familiar, very sought after and hard to find bottle, at least in our area.  Also, about as smooth as they come in the bourbon world, though I do love my ryes as well. This last one was a 1.75L so I should be good for a while.

Nice!  Where'd you find it? I see the green label at various local ABC's from time to time. Never see the 12.

(11-02-2018, 11:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 08:41 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Found my 3rd bottle of Weller 12 in the wild in the past 4 or 5 months yesterday.  For those not familiar, very sought after and hard to find bottle, at least in our area.  Also, about as smooth as they come in the bourbon world, though I do love my ryes as well. This last one was a 1.75L so I should be good for a while.

Nice!  Where'd you find it? I see the green label at various local ABC's from time to time. Never see the 12.

There's a specific bottle on the shelf in most ABC's that is actually a secretly disguised lever that when pulled rotates the floor and wall until you find yourself in their real bourbon room.  PM'd you the details.

Typically I won't buy a 6-pack of something unless I've tried it first. Against my better judgement I bought 6 of these last night, untested. What a huge mistake. This is, without doubt, the worst brew I've ever drank. I choked down two while trying to convince myself that it was actually interesting and not bad. Most of the third one was poured out. I consider it a service to humanity.

[Image: red-trolley.jpg]

All I drink is Blue Moon. Vegas bombs, Jack & Coke,and very rarely Rum and Coke.....its kind of depressing

Heineken has been on sale all weekend. Yum.

I've recently been trying to score a bottle of Buffalo Trace, Elmer T. Lee ... without much luck. I thought a visit to the Distillery would vastly increase my odds. I never knew how many people visit a distillery. I had to circle the lot for 10 minutes waiting on a spot to open up. Bunch of drunks.

Drinking a few Rolling Rocks and some Southern Comfort and Ginger Ales
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Horse Soldier.

Thoughts?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-11-2018, 06:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Horse Soldier.

Thoughts?

Haven't tried it yet - but I saw it compared to Weller and Blanton's - which are two of my favorite bourbons.  I'll keep an eye out for it.

I thought I would share this simple holiday drinking and gift strategy from my bachelor days.

Middle of December, purchase a case of really nice wine or liquor. Something you would love to drink yourself, and that most people who drink would also like. A great Cabernet, a single malt scotch, Crown Royal, Bailey's Irish cream, whatever. Also purchase a little bag of Christmas bows, the kind you stick on packages. Keep these items in the trunk of your car.

You're basically done. If anyone should hand you a gift during the holiday season, you can graciously thank them and say, "Wait here, I have your gift in the car". Go outside, open the trunk, stick a bow on a bottle, then walk in triumphantly. With any luck you'll even get to swig some of your elegant gift before the night is over.

So then New Years Eve rolls around and guess what? You've still got 3 or 4 bottles in the car. You're all set.

My local watering hole just started stocking Fat Tire Beer, Is it worth $4.50 a bottle?
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Got a bottle of Old Scout 107, very nice bourbon.

[Image: 11374592819230.png]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-14-2018, 04:58 PM)The Drifter Wrote: My local watering hole just started stocking Fat Tire Beer,  Is it worth $4.50 a bottle?

Eh... not really. It's very good, but you can probably score a six pack for ten bucks at a liquor store. 

It's a good belgian style amber with a nice little dose of malt and bock. 

To compare it to some beers you probably know - imagine if a Bass Ale was a little lighter/brighter with more carbonation and crossed with a Shiner Bock.

I got some Redneck Riviera last night. It was ok.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 12:00 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(12-14-2018, 11:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 04:58 PM)The Drifter Wrote: My local watering hole just started stocking Fat Tire Beer,  Is it worth $4.50 a bottle?

Eh... not really. It's very good, but you can probably score a six pack for ten bucks at a liquor store. 

It's a good belgian style amber with a nice little dose of malt and bock. 

To compare it to some beers you probably know - imagine if a Bass Ale was a little lighter/brighter with more carbonation and crossed with a Shiner Bock.

I suppose at a bar, $4.50 isn't a bad price. Considering it's probably $3-4 for a Bud, I'd happily pay the $4.50 for Fat Tire

(12-07-2018, 09:29 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Drinking a few Rolling Rocks and some Southern Comfort and Ginger Ales

Rolling Rock tastes like peas. Someone told me that once and now I can't not taste that when I rarely drink them.

I had many beers and bowled very well.

I'll be going to sleep now.

I have a feeling that I may be a tad lethargic tomorrow.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 07:45 PM by The Drifter.)

Enjoying the Champagne of Beers tonight, the Girl on the Moon, Miller High Life

Four Roses with a Dos Equis Ambar back.