Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Signatures and quotes

Is there a way to turn off signatures. The board appears busy enough on a phone without signature gifs  looping all over the place.

Also, would it be possible to make quotes in a reply appear with a gray background in order to more easily delineate the two?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would either of Homer the Biscuits suggestions be related to character restrictions on Signatures? I don't want a fancy schmancy picture in mine, but it seems a bit restrictive in terms of character count.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2017, 01:30 PM by rollerjag.)

(06-05-2017, 08:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is there a way to turn off signatures. The board appears busy enough on a phone without signature gifs  looping all over the place.

Also, would it be possible to make quotes in a reply appear with a gray background in order to more easily delineate the two?

User CP > Edit Options > Thread View Options

I'll pass on your suggestion regarding the quote background color, I agree it all seems to blend together.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2017, 01:32 PM by homebiscuit.)

(06-05-2017, 01:21 PM)Deacon Wrote: Would either of Homer the Biscuits suggestions be related to character restrictions on Signatures? I don't want a fancy schmancy picture in mine, but it seems a bit restrictive in terms of character count.

If you need to know more about character restriction, I'm your man.

(06-05-2017, 01:27 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 08:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is there a way to turn off signatures. The board appears busy enough on a phone without signature gifs  looping all over the place.

User CP > Edit Options > Thread View Options

I'll pass on your suggestion regarding the quote background color, I agree it all seems to blend together.

Thank you, sir.

I've added it to my list of things to do.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Do quotes look any better now?  You may need to clear your browser's cache then refresh.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-05-2017, 01:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Do quotes look any better now?  You may need to clear your browser's cache then refresh.

Yes, thanks!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-05-2017, 03:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 01:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Do quotes look any better now?  You may need to clear your browser's cache then refresh.

Yes, thanks!

Once we get some of the other tweaks done with the board, I may attempt to "dress it up" a bit more.

Yes, but I think it would provide better contrast if it were a shade darker.

I know, I know, nag, nag, nag.

(06-05-2017, 04:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Yes, but I think it would provide better contrast if it were a shade darker.

Would there be anything else that you require?

Try putting the board in classic mode.

(06-05-2017, 04:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 04:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yes, but I think it would provide better contrast if it were a shade darker.

I shifted between my tablet and my laptop and I do think it could be darker. The contrast isn't as vibrant on a larger screen for some reason.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2017, 04:56 PM by homebiscuit.)

(06-05-2017, 04:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yes, but I think it would provide better contrast if it were a shade darker.

Actually, yes. Is there a way to make "Do not subscribe to this thread" as the default selection?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

(06-05-2017, 04:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Try putting the board in classic mode.

How the heck ya do that?

(06-05-2017, 04:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 04:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Would there be anything else that you require?

Actually, yes. Is there a way to make "Do not subscribe to this thread" as the default selection?

Take a look at this thread.  https://duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=21133

(06-05-2017, 04:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 04:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Would there be anything else that you require?

(06-05-2017, 04:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Try putting the board in classic mode.

How the heck ya do that?

User CP-Edit Options-Thread View Options. It's the first option.

(06-05-2017, 04:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 04:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Actually, yes. Is there a way to make "Do not subscribe to this thread" as the default selection?

Take a look at this thread.  https://duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=21133

Thanks JIB, it's much appreciated. 

There is one more thing. If you could just move your stuff all the way to the back of the room there, that would be great. 

[Image: 4sxttc.jpg]

(06-05-2017, 07:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 04:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Take a look at this thread.  https://duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=21133

Thanks JIB, it's much appreciated. 

There is one more thing. If you could just move your stuff all the way to the back of the room there, that would be great. 

[Image: 4sxttc.jpg]

LOL.  I'm going to have to watch that movie again.

A teal-tinged gray for quotes of yourself, so you can easily see when people are responding to you. I've seen that done on other boards, and it's actually quite a useful feature.

This maybe a bit off topic but does anyone know if there's a way the change your user name. I signed up with Facebook on the old boards and it defaulted to my actual name after the switch.

The only thing I've found is user title but that only changes the title under a person's name.

Thanks for any help given.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(06-06-2017, 08:34 AM)AJ Pierce Wrote: This maybe a bit off topic but does anyone know if there's a way the change your user name. I signed up with Facebook on the old boards and it defaulted to my actual name after the switch.

The only thing I've found is user title but that only changes the title under a person's name.

Thanks for any help given.

You have to pm Bunny like 1000 times.. Her pm box is broke  and she'll only get 1 of the 1000 pm's. Just keep pming

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]