Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When the media needs a hero

Here is a quote from Daniel Jeremiah that makes me think, wow the media is desperate for a QB to parade for until the 2018 draft. I'm really not sure how I feel about the Andrew Luck comparisons but I really don't see it outside of the size. Luck was so much more polished from what I remember and the reports on him were that he was obsessed with preparation. 

"I don't want to get carried away with one season of production, but Darnold is a special talent. He has a lot of similarities to Andrew Luck when Luck was at Stanford. They have a similar frame and athleticism. They both seem to be at their best in crucial situations. I know one Pac-12 coach (Jim Mora) has compared Darnold to Tony Romo and I do see some of that, as well. They both have tremendous poise and their natural instincts take over when the called play breaks down."

FULL STORY: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...am-darnold

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've literally watched two games of Darnold, but I was very impressed. I'll wait to see him against a couple good defenses in 2017 before making any comparisons though.

He'll end up being a Jet next year if he's worth his salt and declares for the draft after this season. The Jets are making so many moves this off-season that clearly won't help them and they're in the "Dive For Darnold" sweepstakes in 2017. Just like the clots were during the "Suck For Luck" sweepstakes.

I'll be watching him closely this year. Especially after the first month of football is over here and Bortles shows he's still the same ol' QB. Josh Allen, Jake Browning, Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, Luke Falk & Baker Mayfield are all worth a watch this year as well.

2018's QB class is very promising and very deep heading into 2017.

I'm so skeptical of USC quarterbacks based on past failures (like Florida).

Just look at this list of USC QBs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_US...arterbacks