Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(09-30-2017, 07:45 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 02:54 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: At my functions they serve unlimited bottles of wine. There always has to be that guy that can't let any bottles go unfinished.

Dude,...you can just say it's you. You're among  family. Big Grin

Ha, on nearly any other occasion I'd probably be in that mix. I try to tone it down at those though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

SF elbows his way to the wine table:

"Excush me! *hic* I'm shampling my grapes."

Laughing

When someone interviews a football coach after a win, and their question is, "What did you learn about your team today, coach?"

Would OF
Could OF
Should OF

Makes my blood boil.
Signature goes here.

(10-10-2017, 06:57 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: Would OF
Could OF
Should OF

Makes my blood boil.

Boil?

When an actress gets plastic surgery that so changes her look that it's unnerving to hear her voice come out of that mouth. Talking about Renee Zellweger. I just saw a trailer of a new movie she is in and it's shocking. I knew she had work done but I haven't actually seen her outside of a photo since it was done. And to see and hear her voice. Very disconcerting. I'm not sure what she thought was wrong with her appearance in the first place.

Slow golfers.

Golfers who write their score down before leaving the green area.

Bad golfers who use range finders.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Golfers..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-16-2017, 08:16 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Golfers..

I knew it was coming.

(10-17-2017, 09:02 PM)PF* Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:16 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Golfers..

I knew it was coming.

I'm glad I didn't disappoint..

I just hate driving 295 on workdays so I take Loretto/Greenland from San Jose to Philips. It generally takes the same amount of time and is a hell of a lot less stressful. One of my 'favorite' pet peeves happened this morning. It looked like a [BLEEP] parade going up Greenland. Some idiot was going 30mph about 25 cars ahead of me, the entire length of Greenland. Who the hell drives 15mph under the speed limit for 5 full miles?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-20-2017, 08:54 AM)Rico Wrote: I just hate driving 295 on workdays so I take Loretto/Greenland from San Jose to Philips.  It generally takes the same amount of time and is a hell of a lot less stressful.  One of my 'favorite' pet peeves happened this morning.  It looked like a [BLEEP] parade going up Greenland.  Some idiot was going 30mph about 25 cars ahead of me, the entire length of Greenland.  Who the hell drives 15mph under the speed limit for 5 full miles?

The absolute worst of the worst; old people.

(10-17-2017, 09:14 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:02 PM)PF* Wrote: I knew it was coming.

I'm glad I didn't disappoint..

That's what she said.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-20-2017, 02:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:14 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'm glad I didn't disappoint..

That's what she said.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 10:33 AM by RicoTx.)

This girl that sits in the next row over from me has the most irritating phony 'laugh' that I've ever heard.  I think she's trying to be cute.  But this laugh is somewhere between a cackle and a scream.  She's in customer service so she's on the phone doing that stupid laugh all damn day.  I just feel like duct taping her mouth shut by lunchtime every day.

/rant

Being the customer/guinea pig of a new employee's training session. Especially if it's something more important and expensive than the check-out line or table service at a restaurant.

This irritation can be rapidly compounded when it becomes clear that both the trainer and trainee are inept morons.

(10-25-2017, 11:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Being the customer/guinea pig of a new employee's training session. Especially if it's something more important and expensive than the check-out line or table service at a restaurant.

This irritation can be rapidly compounded when it becomes clear that both the trainer and trainee are inept morons.

I like getting the trainees, I think it’s funny. 

Then again, I don’t buy anything expensive or important either.

(10-25-2017, 10:32 AM)Rico Wrote: This girl that sits in the next row over from me has the most irritating phony 'laugh' that I've ever heard.  I think she's trying to be cute.  But this laugh is somewhere between a cackle and a scream.  She's in customer service so she's on the phone doing that stupid laugh all damn day.  I just feel like duct taping her mouth shut by lunchtime every day.

/rant

Working alone is the best. THE BEST.

(10-25-2017, 12:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 11:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Being the customer/guinea pig of a new employee's training session. Especially if it's something more important and expensive than the check-out line or table service at a restaurant.

I like getting the trainees, I think it’s funny. 

Then again, I don’t buy anything expensive or important either.

(10-25-2017, 10:32 AM)Rico Wrote: This girl that sits in the next row over from me has the most irritating phony 'laugh' that I've ever heard.  I think she's trying to be cute.  But this laugh is somewhere between a cackle and a scream.  She's in customer service so she's on the phone doing that stupid laugh all damn day.  I just feel like duct taping her mouth shut by lunchtime every day.

/rant

Working alone is the best. THE BEST.

I worked out of my house for the better part of 15 years before this gig.  Unfortunately, I had to find something else (this gig) because they wanted me to start a travel heavy position again.

Delta:
"Anybody needing extra time getting down the jetway may board"
"Our Premium cabin passengers may board"
"We'd like to welcome our Sky Priority passengers aboard"
"Our Platinum, Gold, and Silver level passengers may board now. Welcome aboard"
"OK, PF* you're last. Get on the plane"