Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

I just did an abbreviated run. It’s like a sowna out there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-14-2022, 11:22 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My Alexa went off this morning with a heat advisory warning for today. Oh goody.

Yesterday we had a heat advisory and today we're getting an excessive heat advisory. Yuck. I don't tolerate heat like I did before I suffered heat stroke about 10 years ago. Ever since then summer is not my friend, especially when it's this hot.

(06-14-2022, 11:22 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My Alexa went off this morning with a heat advisory warning for today. Oh goody.

Why have that "government or others" device in your home?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

When people being interviewed start their first respond with “Yeah (or no), I mean…”

What do you mean? You haven’t said anything yet to clarify!

The University of Kentucky used to require their basketball players take a course in public speaking. Not anymore and it’s obvious.

Geez, Louise. The scam callers have been wearing out my phone for the last couple of days. I never answer so they typically leave me alone but apparently my number has come up in the call rotation.

(06-17-2022, 12:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Geez, Louise. The scam callers have been wearing out my phone for the last couple of days. I never answer so they typically leave me alone but apparently my number has come up in the call rotation.

I've set my phone so it doesn't ring unless the caller is in my contact list.  If it's important, they can leave a message.

(06-17-2022, 12:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 12:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Geez, Louise. The scam callers have been wearing out my phone for the last couple of days. I never answer so they typically leave me alone but apparently my number has come up in the call rotation.

I've set my phone so it doesn't ring unless the caller is in my contact list.  If it's important, they can leave a message.

I’ll try that.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 09:52 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

When you observe the 4th as a holiday and Tuesday people text and call “you didn’t show up today!  Yeah, we’ll, I thought about sending a bulk email but good grief, I that that was self explanatory.  You’re not my only client we have.  I actually didn’t send an email intentionally.  I’m always up for gathering Intel on the old, rich and lazy we service.  I’m sorry we couldn’t  mow 75 lawns today to get caught up (really, not sorry, let it ride a day. You’ll be okay bud). Get off my dick. 

Funny.. not a single Monday client texted or called.  Do the math. 

Yes, I know, I should have sent an email out.  But it’s Americas BDY.  It’s not like it’s labor day(in which we “choose” to work.  Get off your high horse.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 10:17 PM by Jags.)

When you run out of deodorant.  Not so much that, but when opening a new one.  I use a soft solid.  “Old Spice”.  The amount of times you need to turn the bottom in order to get a proper amount at first peeves me a bit.

(07-06-2022, 10:17 PM)Jags Wrote: When you run out of deodorant.  Not so much that, but when opening a new one.  I use a soft solid.  “Old Spice”.  The amount of times you need to turn the bottom in order to get a proper amount at first peeves me a bit.

Sometimes you have to turn the bottom to get things started in the proper position.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-06-2022, 10:45 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 10:17 PM)Jags Wrote: When you run out of deodorant.  Not so much that, but when opening a new one.  I use a soft solid.  “Old Spice”.  The amount of times you need to turn the bottom in order to get a proper amount at first peeves me a bit.

Sometimes you have to turn the bottom to get things started in the proper position.

I’ll channel my inner Urban Meyer next time!

I’m currently in the position to where you turn the bottom and only the edges are protruding.  Maybe a bit more twisting and I’ll get it fully ready to rock.

(07-06-2022, 09:50 PM)Jags Wrote: When you observe the 4th as a holiday and Tuesday people text and call “you didn’t show up today!  Yeah, we’ll, I thought about sending a bulk email but good grief, I that that was self explanatory.  You’re not my only client we have.  I actually didn’t send an email intentionally.  I’m always up for gathering Intel on the old, rich and lazy we service.  I’m sorry we couldn’t  mow 75 lawns today to get caught up (really, not sorry, let it ride a day. You’ll be okay bud). Get off my dick. 

Funny.. not a single Monday client texted or called.  Do the math. 

Yes, I know, I should have sent an email out.  But it’s Americas BDY.  It’s not like it’s labor day(in which we “choose” to work.  Get off your high horse.

You might be able to make a killing charging folks rate and a half for stopping by on holidays to keep their schedule up Smile

(07-06-2022, 11:07 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 10:45 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Sometimes you have to turn the bottom to get things started in the proper position.

I’ll channel my inner Urban Meyer next time!

I’m currently in the position to where you turn the bottom and only the edges are protruding.  Maybe a bit more twisting and I’ll get it fully ready to rock.

Just be careful, twist it too hard and it'll pop right out of there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-07-2022, 03:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 11:07 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ll channel my inner Urban Meyer next time!

Just be careful, twist it too hard and it'll pop right out of there.

Definitely don’t want that.  Could lead to breakage. Don’t want a bend in tha thang!

(07-07-2022, 07:50 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 03:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Just be careful, twist it too hard and it'll pop right out of there.

Definitely don’t want that.  Could lead to breakage. Don’t want a bend in tha thang!

Be careful how you handle it.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-07-2022, 09:13 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 07:50 PM)Jags Wrote: Definitely don’t want that.  Could lead to breakage. Don’t want a bend in tha thang!

Be careful how you handle it.
Yep! Team lift! Use your knees not your back when lifting.

[Image: CHTL3X5__61065.1573062635.jpg?c=2]

Here’s another entry to this thread: the wife is back.

So I’m out at the beach today noodling. I’ve got my fresh and saltwater license. I’m good to go. But apparently FWC and St Johns county have restrictions on the species you can target. Apparently, hot moms are not on the list. I caught one but had to release it. I might need another drill bit guys.

Whether I’m working or playing, it annoys the living [BLEEP] out of me when people hit a ball in your direction and don’t yell fore.

It’s only trivial at this point because I haven’t been hit…yet.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 07:37 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

Lately, I've had a lot of experience with contractors who don't show up. 

A couple of weeks ago, I had a guy who was going to do a project for me, and we were supposed to connect to finalize the plan, and so I called him, and he says, call me Monday and we'll finalize the plan.  So I called him that Monday, and he didn't answer the phone.  So I left him a voice message.  And he didn't call me back for 2 weeks.  Needless to say, I'm back to square one, finding a contractor for that project.  

Then yesterday, I had an appointment with a tree cutter to give me an estimate.  I've never met the guy, but he put his card in the door of my house, so I figured I'd give him a try.  We were supposed to meet on site at 9 AM.  At 8:30 I'm leaving the house so I text him.  "We still on for 9 AM?"  And he texts me back, "Oh, sorry, I had an emergency, a tree fell on a house and we're over here with a crane getting the tree off the house.  Can we meet at 3 this afternoon?"  So I say, okay, 3 this afternoon is okay.  So at 2:30 I text him, "We still on for 3?"  No answer.  I figure he's driving or something.  So I go to the site, and wait.  3 o'clock comes along, and he's not there.  I text him, "Text me when you get here."  He responds, "Oh, sorry, we're still getting this tree off this house."  So I text him back, "Forget the whole thing.  I wasted my time coming down here because you didn't tell me you weren't coming."  So he gets all huffy, "Well, I guess your little estimate is more important that saving someone's house!"  I respond, "Saving someone's house is obviously more important than my estimate, but I wasted a whole bunch of time because you didn't tell me you weren't coming.  You need to run your business better than that."  And so on and so forth. 

This is just two examples that I have encountered in the last month, but I have seen this type of behavior over and over.  What is with these contractors these days?