Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(07-28-2022, 07:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-28-2022, 07:32 PM)Jags Wrote: I have the oven ready to cook some dinner.  Apparently it’s a Culver’s night.  Wife texts me what I want.  Having not been there much I inquire about the options and conclude old like a chicken sandwich.  Tells me she got me a burger.  Why the [BLEEP] did you even ask?  You’ve got a frigging masters.  Apparently not in communication.

What did she get for herself?  If it's a chicken sandwich, you know what to do.

Not the chicken.  But don’t worry, I did give her an earful.  But not in the 1950’s kind of way.  She wants to text. Great.  But if it’s time sensitive, idk…my phone number is active. Make a call? Sounds like a novel idea.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2022, 10:15 AM by Mikey.)

(07-28-2022, 07:32 PM)Jags Wrote: I have the oven ready to cook some dinner.  Apparently it’s a Culver’s night.  Wife texts me what I want.  Having not been there much I inquire about the options and conclude old like a chicken sandwich.  Tells me she got me a burger.  Why the [BLEEP] did you even ask?  You’ve got a frigging masters.  Apparently not in communication.

because when you go to culvers, you get a butter burger. I had to have this conversation with my son, went to the local wing joint with some friends and ordered a burger. "Dude, when you go to [place], you get wings. That's what they do."

(07-28-2022, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-28-2022, 07:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote: What did she get for herself?  If it's a chicken sandwich, you know what to do.

Not the chicken.  But don’t worry, I did give her an earful.  But not in the 1950’s kind of way.  She wants to text. Great.  But if it’s time sensitive, idk…my phone number is active. Make a call? Sounds like a novel idea.

While this is wisdom in concept, I'm pretty certain you were considered a butthole for saying it.

Voice of experience speaking very loudly on my part.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2022, 09:14 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-29-2022, 10:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:

because when you go to culvers, you get a butter burger. I had to have this conversation with my son, went to the local wing joint with some friends and ordered a burger. "Dude, when you go to [place], you get wings. That's what they do."

(07-28-2022, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote: Not the chicken.  But don’t worry, I did give her an earful.  But not in the 1950’s kind of way.  She wants to text. Great.  But if it’s time sensitive, idk…my phone number is active. Make a call? Sounds like a novel idea.

While this is wisdom in concept, I'm pretty certain you were considered a butthole for saying it.

Voice of experience speaking very loudly on my part.
We’ve been together for a bit.  Almost 20 years. Let’s put it this way… I said something the other day and the reply I got was “I’m your wife, not your murderer”.  My reply was..”Don’t speak so hastily”.

We had our laughs and I slept with one eye open. So far so g…..

Got a paper cut. In the webbing between my index and bird flipping finger. It’s a bleeder. Doesn’t really hurt like one would think. I’ve learned my lesson not to open junk mail. Now I can’t do my magic trick.

“Ma’am, do you like birds?” (Thanks The Amazing Jonathan).

(08-11-2022, 06:22 PM)Jags Wrote: Got a paper cut.  In the webbing between my index and bird flipping finger.  It’s a bleeder.  Doesn’t really hurt like one would think.  I’ve learned my lesson not to open junk mail.  Now I can’t do my magic trick. 

“Ma’am, do you like birds?”  (Thanks The Amazing Jonathan).

Real men perform the magic trick with something more than a finger.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 08:22 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-11-2022, 08:01 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 06:22 PM)Jags Wrote: Got a paper cut.  In the webbing between my index and bird flipping finger.  It’s a bleeder.  Doesn’t really hurt like one would think.  I’ve learned my lesson not to open junk mail.  Now I can’t do my magic trick. 

“Ma’am, do you like birds?”  (Thanks The Amazing Jonathan).

Real men perform the magic trick with something more than a finger.
You’re missing the big picture. I nonchalantly waive this off.  With my middle finger of course.  While I assume most office dwelling people would consider it a “war wound”, a great heroic feat, or death reincarnate.  

I am a man.  A paper cut in the webbing of the fingers has nothing on a piece of pea gravel slung at your jaw by the edger.  Been there done that got the t shirt.  Those will also break windows, btw.  Don’t ask me how I know.  (I’ve bought 3). This was truly a “trivial” annoyance.  And yes, I can still flip the bird!!!
If you didn’t reply, I would’ve already forgotten about it.  Haha

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 07:28 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Leave a trash can out in front of the gate one week, get a letter from the HOA after it’s been put away.  Ask for approval for new windows, takes over a month.  I seriously have no clue why I need to ask permission to replace the frosted over builder grade windows with new low e [BLEEP] and why it takes so long long.

(08-14-2022, 07:28 PM)Jags Wrote: Leave a trash can out in front of the gate one week, get a letter from the HOA after it’s been put away.  Ask for approval for new windows, takes over a month.  I seriously have no clue why I need to ask permission to replace the frosted over builder grade windows with new low e [BLEEP] and why it takes so long long.

I went through this years ago when I put in a fence. Three weeks after submitting a request and no response, I finally called them only to find out they hadn't even looked at it. After some terse diplomatic words of dissatisfaction, the approval letter showed up in the mail three days later.

(08-14-2022, 07:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 07:28 PM)Jags Wrote: Leave a trash can out in front of the gate one week, get a letter from the HOA after it’s been put away.  Ask for approval for new windows, takes over a month.  I seriously have no clue why I need to ask permission to replace the frosted over builder grade windows with new low e [BLEEP] and why it takes so long long.

I went through this years ago when I put in a fence. Three weeks after submitting a request and no response, I finally called them only to find out they hadn't even looked at it. After some terse diplomatic words of dissatisfaction, the approval letter showed up in the mail three days later.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t work with our HOA. We waited 5 weeks for paver work in the front yard.  Wife called (she can be a [BLEEP] to others as well) and was told “they received it and will be reviewed”.

I will never live in another HOA controlled neighborhood as long as I live.  I have nightmare stories about the last one and still get PTSD when I hear the name ‘Fred’.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 08:09 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-14-2022, 07:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

I will never live in another HOA controlled neighborhood as long as I live.  I have nightmare stories about the last one and still get PTSD when I hear the name ‘Fred’.

The Mrs and I have also decided no more HOA’s.  We’ll stick it out for now.  We’ve been in our house 16 years now.   Between the equity/ value increasing, and the poop ton we’ve been saving, we’ve got our sights on land.  We’re going to try to stick it out as long as we can. We’ve got 6 more years before my daughter starts HS and I’m hoping we can get a nice chunk of acreage and that my wife and I still have ours jobs then.  It’s a nice plan, if it all comes to fruition. Something to look forward to.  At least my neighbors are cool (for now).

Wait, didn’t you live in JCP before moving to mandarin/fruit cove? JCP has the worst freaking HOA I’ve ever heard of. The stories I’ve heard from my clients are absolutely ridiculous.

(08-14-2022, 08:18 PM)Jags Wrote: Wait, didn’t you live in JCP before moving to mandarin/fruit cove?  JCP has the worst freaking HOA I’ve ever heard of.  The stories I’ve heard from my clients are absolutely ridiculous.

Who the hell lives in a department store?!?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 09:57 PM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-14-2022, 08:18 PM)Jags Wrote: Wait, didn’t you live in JCP before moving to mandarin/fruit cove?  JCP has the worst freaking HOA I’ve ever heard of.  The stories I’ve heard from my clients are absolutely ridiculous.

We’ll, since I don’t live there anymore, I’ll tell you that I lived in a small subdivision off of Roberts Rd called Southcreek.  It was a gorgeous home and I loved the location.  I had 1 1/4 acres…beautiful lot and location.  But there were too many dramas involving the HOA and one neighbor in particular that ended up costing the homeowners thousands of dollars in legal fees.  Thank goodness I saw the writing on the wall and got the hell out about a year before the [BLEEP] really hit the fan.  We moved into a foreclosure on Fruit Cove Rd.

Oh, and I don’t care what your clients tell you about their HOA.  I tell people some of the [BLEEP] that this clown Fred did…and they think I’m lying.  I can’t even guess how many lawsuits this guy started and against how many people.  He died about three years ago…oddly, on my birthday.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 01:56 PM by Mikey.)

Leave your trash can out with a copy of the approval request taped to the front.

that, or leave the new windows out in front of the housing, eagerly awaiting installation.

(08-14-2022, 07:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

....seriously?

We have a Fred too, and yeah, Fred is precisely why I resigned from our board. Volunteers don't need that level of abuse.

(08-14-2022, 09:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

We’ll, since I don’t live there anymore, I’ll tell you that I lived in a small subdivision off of Roberts Rd called Southcreek.  It was a gorgeous home and I loved the location.  I had 1 1/4 acres…beautiful lot and location.  But there were too many dramas involving the HOA and one neighbor in particular that ended up costing the homeowners thousands of dollars in legal fees.  Thank goodness I saw the writing on the wall and got the hell out about a year before the [BLEEP] really hit the fan.  We moved into a foreclosure on Fruit Cove Rd.

Oh, and I don’t care what your clients tell you about their HOA.  I tell people some of the [BLEEP] that this clown Fred did…and they think I’m lying.  I can’t even guess how many lawsuits this guy started and against how many people.  He died about three years ago…oddly, on my birthday.
Ah… yes.  I know exactly where that is.  My first house was in the neighborhood behind the school.  

Oh and [BLEEP] Fred!

(08-15-2022, 01:55 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Leave your trash can out with a copy of the approval request taped to the front.

that, or leave the new windows out in front of the housing, eagerly awaiting installation.

(08-14-2022, 07:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I will never live in another HOA controlled neighborhood as long as I live.  I have nightmare stories about the last one and still get PTSD when I hear the name ‘Fred’.

....seriously?

We have a Fred too, and yeah, Fred is precisely why I resigned from our board. Volunteers don't need that level of abuse.

I’m not even upset about that.  My wife on the other hand….  It’s just a letter.  In the decade and a half we’ve been here I think we’ve gotten 3.   All stupid bull [BLEEP] that has already been taken care of prior to the letter.  

I did hear a story from another hood, that has the same management company as mine, someone got a letter on the lawn not being cut.  The owner came back with something about “it’s natural” or a “natural look”. Apparently they let him off the hook.  Idk how or why though since I’m sure the bylaws or whatever specifically state to keep a maintained lawn. Either way, I found it funny.  Mainly because they don’t live next door to me.

Taco Tuesday? Not in my house!!! The wife apparently needs a calendar for Christmas. 1. I’m not sure the last time we’ve had tacos on a freaking Tuesday. 2. Why do we only have sour cream once every 3 times times we have Tacos????

And somehow, I’m a bad guy for asking. Good luck tonight brothers. I know one guy that’s not getting any tonight.

(08-15-2022, 07:15 PM)Jags Wrote: Taco Tuesday?  Not in my house!!!  The wife apparently needs a calendar for Christmas.  1. I’m not sure the last time we’ve had tacos on a freaking Tuesday.  2. Why do we only have sour cream once every 3 times times we have Tacos???? 

And somehow, I’m a bad guy for asking.  Good luck tonight brothers.  I know one guy that’s not getting any tonight.

Because it's one of those things you buy, use a bit, leave it in the fridge until it goes bad - which is exactly the time you think about having Tex-Mex again and realize you didn't buy sour cream as you thought the one in the fridge would be OK.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 08:01 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-15-2022, 07:50 PM)captivating Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 07:15 PM)Jags Wrote: Taco Tuesday?  Not in my house!!!  The wife apparently needs a calendar for Christmas.  1. I’m not sure the last time we’ve had tacos on a freaking Tuesday.  2. Why do we only have sour cream once every 3 times times we have Tacos???? 

And somehow, I’m a bad guy for asking.  Good luck tonight brothers.  I know one guy that’s not getting any tonight.

Because it's one of those things you buy, use a bit, leave it in the fridge until it goes bad - which is exactly the time you think about having Tex-Mex again and realize you didn't buy sour cream as you thought the one in the fridge would be OK.
I’ll have to take my wife’s phone and open her eyeballs while she is sleeping so I can access her phone.  I’m starting to think she may have an account on here.  And this line of thinking is on par with hers.  If you are interested n fact my wife trying to justify the lack of sour cream on “Taco never a Tuesday” I’ll deal with ya in a bit.  

But I got approval for my new windows that cost me an arm and a leg, my first born and my retirement.  Woo!

Not gonna lie, what you’ve explained is actually the case.  But situational awareness is essential.  It also coincides with common sense.  And that is not forgivable.