Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 07:15 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-21-2022, 06:53 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Best Buy customer "service".  Two calls dropped/disconnected while reps were "helping" me.  No local number option, everything goes through the call center.  On the third call, I told the rep I wanted to be connected with a live person at the physical location.  I was told someone from the store would call me back in "about two hours".

All because I paid for an item online and named my wife as the person picking it up and they can't understand that.

I hear ya.   I’ve had ADT for 7 years now.  For 6-1/2 I was content.  The other six months or so I’ve been trying to cancel them.  2 hour wait lines and no callbacks.  Their service was fine.  But I’m not paying 60 for 1 sensor after my new windows when the others were 25 each installed.   I screwed up and told them I needed one less.  Install guy tried to have me
Re-up for 3 years…uh…NO!   Then when he found out it was one sensor short and said it’ll be 50.  Make it the same price.  Long story short for the past 3-4 months I’ve been paying for a Mack daddy service with all the bells and whistles and every aspect covered, except if they open a window.  Like, the time we were broke into 7 years ago. I’m worried about when I’m not home.  Good luck to those that try when I am.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-21-2022, 06:43 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-21-2022, 05:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm staying away from bells and whistles when it comes to appliances. Maybe it's the rebel in me who hates being told what to do (what to say, what to buy, what to eat, etc.,) but I don't want my fridge telling me it's time to buy eggs. Or my washing machine forcing a cleaning cycle.

Nope.

Sadly our range is getting super long in the tooth (30+ years old) as is our over/under washer & dryer and water heater (also 30+ years old.) Scheisse. So is our Trane heat pump. The range and washer/dryer will likely have to be replaced in the next couple of years and I'm not looking forward to buying replacements. Hopefully there are still analog appliances when that happens.

Wayfair has analog dryers for sale

[Image: Umbrella+Clothesline.jpg]

We actually have a clothesline. The OG wind and solar power clothes dryer. I use it to hang our blankets and such on once a month. When we had the power outage 2 weeks ago I had a load of laundry in the washer. We couldn't use the dryer so I put the clothes on the line.

People who unnecessarily use the word literally.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-20-2023, 08:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote: People who unnecessarily use the word literally.

I literally had to read this twice.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

“Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding”

(01-20-2023, 08:42 PM)Jags Wrote: “Safari could not  open the page because the server stopped responding”

Drifter gave the board another weird virus lol

(01-20-2023, 08:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 08:42 PM)Jags Wrote: “Safari could not  open the page because the server stopped responding”

Drifter gave the board another weird virus lol

There was so many non-important things I just had to say that I couldn’t.  Feel my pain!

(01-20-2023, 09:00 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 08:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Drifter gave the board another weird virus lol

There was so many non-important things I just had to say that I couldn’t.  Feel my pain!

That pain never goes away lol

(01-20-2023, 09:06 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 09:00 PM)Jags Wrote: There was so many non-important things I just had to say that I couldn’t.  Feel my pain!

That pain never goes away lol
Damnit man, what I have to say is important! Whether people know it or not!

People who throw their trash into my yard while going down the road. Pricks.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(01-20-2023, 10:53 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 09:06 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: That pain never goes away lol
Damnit man, what I have to say is important! Whether people know it or not!

Push it way down and drown it in something 80%, 160 proof or 24% THC..

Trust me.. I forgot where I stayed last night

(01-21-2023, 03:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 10:53 PM)Jags Wrote: Damnit man, what I have to say is important! Whether people know it or not!

Push it way down and drown it in something 80%, 160 proof or 24% THC..

You ended up in your neighbors bushes again. He said he’s getting tired of your [BLEEP] too. Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-21-2023, 05:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 03:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Push it way down and drown it in something 80%, 160 proof or 24% THC..

You ended up in your neighbors bushes again. He said he’s getting tired of your [BLEEP] too. Laughing

Yeah I'm tired of my [BLEEP] too lol

I had road rage today. Initiated by the other vehicle. Turns out, I knew the driver of the other vehicle. Sadly, I had to tame my pissed off-ness.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 12:04 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

When did meat and cheese start being referred to as charcuterie?

I can't say I ever heard the word before the last couple of years.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-05-2023, 12:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: When did meat and cheese start being referred to as charcuterie?

Great.. Now our food is identifying as weird stuff too.

Here's a weird thought: If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?’
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(03-05-2023, 09:07 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Here's a weird thought: If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?’

If the electrical components were built by Lucas, the answer is no, BUT, if you bang on the dash with your fist a couple times, there's a 50% chance the wipers will turn on.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-05-2023, 12:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: When did meat and cheese start being referred to as charcuterie?

When someone realized the hoity-toity crowd would pay $79.95 for a 40 oz. platter to publicly display their eclectic taste.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

when someone realized you could start charging 17 for a plate of crackers and toppings

same reason why that 13-dollar burger is topped with aioli and the 6 dollar one has a side of mayo.