Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(02-07-2018, 06:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 11:32 PM)PF* Wrote: I had a similar experience- I loved Nexium, it worked beautifully but then had to switch to pantoprazole (generic Protonix) for insurance reasons. It works OK but not as good.

Another trick I learned for controlling the occasional heartburn is to eat a piece of bread, sometimes it soaks up the excess acid. I also keep some Zantac around- it works quicker and in a different way than the ones above.

For me, cutting night drinking down to almost nothing has been the most successful approach.

Drink in the day time at work? Heck yeah. I can get on board with that.

There's a bar in St. Augustine whose slogan is, "You can't drink all day unless you start early."
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Has anyone else heard the freedom checks scam commercial on the radio? Am I the only one who has the urge to punch that guy in the throat?

(02-03-2018, 09:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Spraying my own face with mud.  

Probably every golfer has experienced this phenomenon.

That's not annoying when you stick it on the pin, but when all you get is a splash 20 yards off target.........
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

People, often professional writers, who don't know the difference between principals and principles.

Principals = the person with the highest authority or most important position in an organization, institution, or group.

Principles = a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.

Simply put, principals are people, principles are ideas.

This girl that sits a couple of desks away from me with this phony laugh (more of a cackling/giggle hybrid). Her job requires her to be on the phone a lot. I guess she thinks she's being 'cute', but I (and others) are ready to strangle her by the end of the day.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-13-2018, 08:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: People, often professional writers, who don't know the difference between principals and principles.  

Principals = the person with the highest authority or most important position in an organization, institution, or group.

Principles = a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.

Simply put, principals are people, principles are ideas.

Similarly; brake and break. Work has breaks, your car has brakes.

(02-13-2018, 08:58 AM)Rico Wrote: This girl that sits a couple of desks away from me with this phony laugh (more of a cackling/giggle hybrid).  Her job requires her to be on the phone a lot.  I guess she thinks she's being 'cute', but I (and others) are ready to strangle her by the end of the day.

Are 900 numbers still a thing?

(02-13-2018, 11:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 08:58 AM)Rico Wrote: This girl that sits a couple of desks away from me with this phony laugh (more of a cackling/giggle hybrid).  Her job requires her to be on the phone a lot.  I guess she thinks she's being 'cute', but I (and others) are ready to strangle her by the end of the day.

Are 900 numbers still a thing?

Dear God, don’t start asking Rico what he is wearing!!!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018, 02:39 PM by homebiscuit.)

(02-13-2018, 12:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 11:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Are 900 numbers still a thing?

Dear God, don’t start asking Rico what he is wearing!!!!!

Probably nothing. That’s why he’s cold at work all the time.

(02-09-2018, 12:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone else heard the freedom checks scam commercial on the radio? Am I the only one who has the urge to punch that guy in the throat?

The one I currently hate is the [BLEEP] on the bank's LockIt commercial. 

"As long as nothing is different in any way ever then I'm totally flexible."

I wanna kick that guy in the jimmy so bad...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Watching teenagers at checkout trying to make change.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-21-2018, 09:22 AM)Rico Wrote: Watching teenagers at checkout trying to make change.

It's beyond comical, it's just sad.  Your bill is $19.76, you give the kid a twenty and a penny and watch his/her head implode.

I don't know how many times I've done this, but it's definitely too many.

I finish playing golf or hitting balls at the range, so I go to my car and open the back, put my clubs in, then grab my right street shoe out of the back, put it on the ground, take off my right golf shoe, put on my right street shoe, take off my left golf shoe, pick up my right golf shoe and try to put it on my left foot.

(02-25-2018, 08:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know how many times I've done this, but it's definitely too many.

I finish playing golf or hitting balls at the range, so I go to my car and open the back, put my clubs in, then grab my right street shoe out of the back, put it on the ground, take off my right golf shoe, put on my right street shoe, take off my left golf shoe, pick up my right golf shoe and try to put it on my left foot.

You have a problem with transdexterous shoes? Hater.

(02-25-2018, 08:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 08:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know how many times I've done this, but it's definitely too many.

You have a problem with transdexterous shoes? Hater.

Sounds more like he has a problem saying no to the beer cart girl.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-25-2018, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 08:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You have a problem with transdexterous shoes? Hater.

*hic* What are you doing over there, Mr. Right Shoe? *hic*

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 12:27 PM by The Real Marty.)

(02-25-2018, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 08:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You have a problem with transdexterous shoes? Hater.

If only that were true.   Unfortunately, I do this completely sober.

That explains why you keep missing all those putts.  You've only got one shoe on!

[Image: 73c4578a-ca84-4099-bff0-9794fb7494ae_screenshot.jpg]

better than having 2 left feet.

(02-25-2018, 12:26 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sounds more like he has a problem saying no to the beer cart girl.

If only that were true.   Unfortunately, I do this completely sober.

How, and more importantly, why?!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...