Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

When you think of the perfect thing to put here but then forget what it was.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ATM's that charge you to withdraw your OWN money.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Handicapped people who aren't all that compromised taking a handicapped space in an almost empty parking lot. Why not take one of the open spaces 4-5 spots away and keep the handicapped spaces open for those that truly need them?

And farming jokes I guess.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(06-19-2017, 09:27 AM)PF* Wrote: Handicapped people who aren't all that compromised taking a handicapped space in an almost empty parking lot. Why not take one of the open spaces 4-5 spots away and keep the handicapped spaces open for those that truly need them?

Also, people who use 'parent and child' bays without having a child with them.

(06-19-2017, 09:27 AM)PF* Wrote: Handicapped people who aren't all that compromised taking a handicapped space in an almost empty parking lot. Why not take one of the open spaces 4-5 spots away and keep the handicapped spaces open for those that truly need them?

Not to jump all over this, but there is this retiree who works in my local Publix.  He cleans up, puts the mats out every morning, bags groceries, and helps people take their groceries out to the car.  Yet he parks in the disabled spot right next to the store.  It just bugs me.  Maybe even more so, because he sports a New England Patriots plate on the front of his car.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-19-2017, 09:36 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:

Also, people who use 'parent and child' bays without having a child with them.

What is that?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-19-2017, 09:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 09:36 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Also, people who use 'parent and child' bays without having a child with them.

What is that?

We have spaces over here next to the disabled spots which are reserved for people who have a child in a pushchair with them.. some people abuse this, though.

(06-19-2017, 09:51 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 09:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What is that?

We have spaces over here next to the disabled spots which are reserved for people who have a child in a pushchair with them.. some people abuse this, though.

Ok, pushchair?  Huh
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-19-2017, 09:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ok, pushchair?  Huh

A pram? Or Buggy?

(06-19-2017, 10:02 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 09:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ok, pushchair?  Huh

A pram? Or Buggy?

Our buggies are provided by the store and are also called shopping carts. I have no idea what a pram is...

Do you mean a stroller?

Big Grin 

(06-19-2017, 10:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 10:02 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: A pram? Or Buggy?

Our buggies are provided by the store and are also called shopping carts. I have no idea what a pram is...

Do you mean a stroller?

Haha maybe that's what they call it in your country Wink

(06-19-2017, 10:23 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 10:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Our buggies are provided by the store and are also called shopping carts. I have no idea what a pram is...

Do you mean a stroller?

Haha maybe that's what they call it in your country Wink

Well, we do speak American here.

One of my peeves is stores that reserve parking for their Superstar team members. I always take the one at Kohls, the way my wife shops there I'm the damn Superstar EVERY month.

Trivial annoyances and so trivial and annoying

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Drivers who speed by you just to get in front of you to turn right. This is particularly annoying when there's no cars behind you.

People who initiate meetings and then bail on the meeting.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2017, 08:32 AM by RicoTx.)

When I'm putting my cereal away and I can't get the tab to go into the slot of the boxtop.

Come to think of it, I always hate it when I can't get my tab in the slot. But that's an entirely different subject.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Spiced rum. I love rum, but spiced rum is an abomination. Yuck!

(06-23-2017, 08:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Spiced rum.   I love rum, but spiced rum is an abomination.   Yuck!

Heretic.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2017, 10:30 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

[BLEEP] that back into parking spaces especially when there are other cars waiting to pass.  Yeah we all couldn't wait to watch your [BLEEP] back into the parking space as slowly as possible.

[BLEEP] that don't vacate the fast lane when someone is coming up behind them.  I don't care if you're already going over the speed limit, get the hell out of the way.  You're causing traffic.

[BLEEP] that come to a stop on an on ramp with no stop or yield sign and a dedicated lane for you. Baymeadows at 95 North comes to mind. As does the JTB on ramp from 95 North. You don't need to come to a complete stop at either place folks.

(06-23-2017, 10:22 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [BLEEP] that back into parking spaces especially when there are other cars waiting to pass.  Yeah we all couldn't wait to watch your [BLEEP] back into the parking space as slowly as possible.

[BLEEP] that don't vacate the fast lane when someone is coming up behind them.  I don't care if you're already going over the speed limit, get the hell out of the way.  You're causing traffic.

I have never understood why anyone wants to back into a parking space.   Maybe they have an expired tag?  Otherwise, it seems like it'd be a lot easier to back out of a parking space than to back into one.