Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(03-16-2018, 10:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 09:57 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Make that 211 items.  Time to pay.  "This gift card has $11.72 left on it.  This one has $4.09.  This one is only $0.89, might as well use it up......let's see what else I've got......."

Oh, I almost forgot, pass daddy that Q-pon book...

"Whaddaya mean......expired?  If I don't get the 50 cents off, I don't want it."

Cashier, into microphone, "Manager to Lawn and Garden for an override."
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2018, 08:20 AM by The Real Marty.)

After a few years away from HBO, I returned last week, and I'm binge-watching Game of Thrones, starting in season 4, which I am now in the middle of.   So what's the trivial annoyance in that?   It's when my wife comes in and sits down and asks me the explain it all to her.

"What are the white walkers?"
"Whose baby is that?"
"How are all these people related?" 
"Why are those people wandering around in the woods?"

Watching TV or a movie and having my wife ask about every ten minutes..."Wha tdid  they say?" Learning to watch with captions is another annoyance! And apparently, her hearing is fine. Rolleyes
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2018, 06:14 PM by Jags.)

‘Wives“.  Pretty much sums up the previous 2 posts.

Beach, Americus...we love you on the board.   Just know you irritate the crap out of your husbands.   Perhaps you should make it up to them.  New clubs, new electronics, whatever they’re into.   That’s the clean suggestion.

(03-22-2018, 06:10 PM)Jags Wrote: ‘Wives“.  Pretty much sums up the previous 2 posts.

Beach, Americus...we love you on the board.   Just know you irritate the crap out of your husbands.   Perhaps you should make it up to them.  New clubs, new electronics, whatever they’re into.   That’s the clean suggestion.

I’ll just stand way over here out of the line of fire.

(03-22-2018, 06:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 06:10 PM)Jags Wrote: ‘Wives“.  Pretty much sums up the previous 2 posts.

I’ll just stand way over here out of the line of fire.

Don’t fret my fellow man! I’ve already predicted the responses and have a premeditated answer to put them back in their place! Smile. We’re good.

(03-22-2018, 07:03 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 06:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ll just stand way over here out of the line of fire.

Don’t fret my fellow man! I’ve already predicted the responses and have a premeditated answer to put them back in their place! Smile. We’re good.

(glances nervously around) I don't know, man.

(03-22-2018, 07:03 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 06:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ll just stand way over here out of the line of fire.

While I'd like to stand united with you, I'd rather not risk going without it for the next month.

It’s cute that you think we don’t know we’re irritating you when we do stuff like that!! Next time take the trash out the first time you’re asked and maybe we won’t have to resort to such tactics.  Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I've likely already posted this annoyance, but it's worth another mention.

Why the hell are so many people incapable of answering two distinct questions in an email exchange?

I send emails to colleagues and clients frequently with a whopping grand total of two (usually simple) questions.
Two. That's all.

Why is it that 80% of them answer the first (or at least acknowledge its existence) but completely miss or ignore the second question??

Drives me nuts.

(04-09-2018, 02:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've likely already posted this annoyance, but it's worth another mention.

Why the hell are so many people incapable of answering two distinct questions in an email exchange?

I send emails to colleagues and clients frequently with a whopping grand total of two (usually simple) questions.
Two.  That's all.

Why is it that 80% of them answer the first (or at least acknowledge its existence) but completely miss or ignore the second question??

Drives me nuts.

This is a test isn't it? You put two questions in your post so I'll say 1. I don't know and 2. I don't know.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-09-2018, 07:08 PM)PF* Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 02:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've likely already posted this annoyance, but it's worth another mention.

Two.  That's all.

Drives me nuts.

This is a test isn't it? You put two questions in your post so I'll say 1. I don't know and 2. I don't know.
A+

How do websites know exactly when you are about to click something? It's like, you patiently wait while a page loads, then you hover your mouse over a link, and you click, but the page moves and you've clicked on the wrong thing. The timing is uncanny. No matter how long you wait, and how careful and patient you are, somehow it knows the precise split second when you are going to click, and it moves at just the right time for you to click the wrong thing. Amazing.

Having to rush in order to catch a connecting flight and not having time to go potty.

(04-23-2018, 12:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Having to rush in order to catch a connecting flight and not having time to go potty.

"Ladies and gentlemen, good morning from the flight crew. I've just been told we'll be a bit late departing the gate this morning. I'll update you when I know more in about 20 minutes."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-23-2018, 10:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 12:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Having to rush in order to catch a connecting flight and not having time to go potty.

"Ladies and gentlemen, good morning from the flight crew. I've just been told we'll be a bit late departing the gate this morning. I'll update you when I know more in about 20 minutes."

That last coffee seemed like a good idea at the time.

(04-23-2018, 11:48 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 10:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "Ladies and gentlemen, good morning from the flight crew. I've just been told we'll be a bit late departing the gate this morning. I'll update you when I know more in about 20 minutes."

That last coffee seemed like a good idea at the time.

Exactly! I had to hustle off a four and a half hour flight onto a three and a half hour flight, so I didn't even have time to properly stretch my legs. I had a window seat so once we were cruising and the seat belt sign was turned off, 'Sorry fellas, I need out. Homie has to tinkle.'

Order within the next 27 min and get it delivered tomorrow Saturday the 5th. Yes! I’ll pay the extra 12 bucks because I need that now! Check order status about an hour later to make sure it is the right part, and it is correct but I see, “payment needs to be edited”. Edit it, processed!! Yay! Still charged me the 12 bucks for tomorrow’s delivery date and it will be here Monday.

Ground thumpers at the driving range.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2018, 12:16 PM by homebiscuit.)

Am I the only one who believes that restaurant restrooms with only air hand dryers and inward opening doors should be a health code violation?