Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

The lack of activity on this board right now. I rely on you people to entertain me when I am on the road, ya'll are slacking!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-18-2018, 08:04 PM)PF* Wrote: I can't let the handicapped parking issues go- how about the person who is not handicapped "live parking" in a handicap spot while his wife or whoever runs into the store. Does it make a difference if the motor is running?

There's a guy (retiree) that works in my local Publix as a bagger.  He spends the day bagging groceries and walking them out to cars.  Yet he parks in the handicap spot right next to the building.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-19-2018, 08:08 AM)Rico Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 08:04 PM)PF* Wrote: I can't let the handicapped parking issues go- how about the person who is not handicapped "live parking" in a handicap spot while his wife or whoever runs into the store. Does it make a difference if the motor is running?

There's a guy (retiree) that works in my local Publix as a bagger.  He spends the day bagging groceries and walking them out to cars.  Yet he parks in the handicap spot right next to the building.

Maybe he’s paralyzed from the neck up.

(07-19-2018, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 08:08 AM)Rico Wrote: There's a guy (retiree) that works in my local Publix as a bagger.  He spends the day bagging groceries and walking them out to cars.  Yet he parks in the handicap spot right next to the building.

Maybe he’s paralyzed from the neck up.

tack fan?

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-19-2018, 08:45 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Maybe he’s paralyzed from the neck up.

tack fan?

Only one with an advanced degree.

And a mud flap.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2018, 12:24 PM by Mikey.)

(07-06-2018, 12:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You know, it really isn't necessary for the emergency lights on the average cop car to be bright enough to see from space. Those damn things are going to cause a wreck by blinding the passersby.

Ambulances are even worse, as they have the blinder-lights set on their brake lights, too, so sitting behind one in traffic requires sunblock.

....or am I just that pale?

(07-18-2018, 07:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 08:26 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Only one of us is getting stretch marks and can’t see our feet, the other one can shut the hell up...

Whatever, I put on 50 pounds the first time.

Sympathy gains!

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2018, 07:16 AM by PF*.)

(07-19-2018, 12:23 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 12:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You know, it really isn't necessary for the emergency lights on the average cop car to be bright enough to see from space. Those damn things are going to cause a wreck by blinding the passersby.

Ambulances are even worse, as they have the blinder-lights set on their brake lights, too, so sitting behind one in traffic requires sunblock.

Also, the work sites at night- is there any reason why they shine those bright lights directly at oncoming traffic? A similar situation is on A1A in St. Augustine when the Amphitheater lets out. The lights aren't quite as blinding as a work site but it makes it difficult to see a pedestrian (half of whom are somewhat impaired).

(07-19-2018, 08:08 AM)Rico Wrote:

Likely the first one there in the morning with an empty lot to choose from. My friend does that, parks in the HC spot because he can...even if there's plenty of spots open. It's not like he's on crutches or needs a wheelchair. I don't get it.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(07-20-2018, 07:11 AM)PF* Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 12:23 PM)Mikey Wrote: Ambulances are even worse, as they have the blinder-lights set on their brake lights, too, so sitting behind one in traffic requires sunblock.

Also, the work sites at night- is there any reason why they shine those bright lights directly at oncoming traffic? A similar situation is on A1A in St. Augustine when the Amphitheater lets out. The lights aren't quite as blinding as a work site but it makes it difficult to see a pedestrian (half of whom are somewhat impaired).

(07-19-2018, 08:08 AM)Rico Wrote: There's a guy (retiree) that works in my local Publix as a bagger.  He spends the day bagging groceries and walking them out to cars.  Yet he parks in the handicap spot right next to the building.

Likely the first one there in the morning with an empty lot to choose from. My friend does that, parks in the HC spot because he can...even if there's plenty of spots open. It's not like he's on crutches or needs a wheelchair. I don't get it.

Staff members have to park in certain areas, often far from the door. The guy uses the HC because it saves him the steps and he can.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-19-2018, 10:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 08:45 AM)copycat Wrote: tack fan?

Only one with an advanced degree.

And a mud flap.

There are degrees in bagology???  Who knew...………….outside of Tennessee.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

When your husband's employer changes dental insurance providers and your dentist isn't on The List. I don't see them outside of twice a year cleanings for the most part but they know my history and I am comfortable with and trust them so this sucks.

I don't know why we can't just see who we want to see without it being such a hassle.

So I'm looking into flights to Tokyo because there's a concert I want to see there in October and it's right before the Jaguars game in London so I'm trying to see if I can get a return flight to London.

Amsterdam to Tokyo and back a week later; Direct flights (11 hours) each way, total cost €900.
Amsterdam to Tokyo, Tokyo to London a week later; Have to change in Paris both ways (16 hours), total cost €3550.

What the hell kind of algorithm is figuring out these flights?

(07-25-2018, 05:43 PM)DragonFury Wrote: So I'm looking into flights to Tokyo because there's a concert I want to see there in October and it's right before the Jaguars game in London so I'm trying to see if I can get a return flight to London.

Amsterdam to Tokyo and back a week later; Direct flights (11 hours) each way, total cost €900.
Amsterdam to Tokyo, Tokyo to London a week later; Have to change in Paris both ways (16 hours), total cost €3550.

For that kind of money I'd be demanding a full bar and happy endings.

(07-25-2018, 05:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 05:43 PM)DragonFury Wrote: So I'm looking into flights to Tokyo because there's a concert I want to see there in October and it's right before the Jaguars game in London so I'm trying to see if I can get a return flight to London.

For that kind of money I'd be demanding a full bar and happy endings.
I haven't even mentioned the worst part: the direct flights are on KLM which, while not the best airline in the world I grant you, at least manages to fly their damn planes when they say they will. The expensive option are all Air France flights who, being French and therefor utterly incompetent, will likely have six different strikes between now and October and then on the day of the flight will refuse to work because the CEO wore the wrong color tie. I despise Air France.

“Concert”... Laughing 

Don’t lie, we know you’re going to find yourself a woman!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-26-2018, 08:43 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

“Concert”... Laughing 

Don’t lie, we know you’re going to try to find  yourself a woman!!

FTFY
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-26-2018, 08:43 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

“Concert”... Laughing 

Hey now, I can find women just fine. It's them running away that's the problem.

Apparently one that understands the difference between a single round-trip flight and three one-way flights.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-26-2018, 01:59 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Apparently one that understands the difference between a single round-trip flight and three one-way flights.

It's one return versus two one-ways, I already have a flight from London to Amsterdam. And using an independent website I already found a AMS-TKY-LON-AMS schedule that's only around €750.

Websites that automatically load a video that does not pertain to the article you clicked to read.  What the heck?  For that matter why load a video at all?  Does no one read anymore?

(07-26-2018, 01:41 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 08:43 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: “Concert”... Laughing 

Hey now, I can find women just fine. It's them running away that's the problem.

You need to invest in better restraints.  Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???