Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2017, 11:42 PM by MalabarJag.)

(06-24-2017, 10:45 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 10:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Drivers who match your speed as they try to merge. Speed up or slow down, don't try to force me to move for you.

Conversely, drivers who match your speed as you try to merge. I'm speeding up or slowing down, you maintain your damn speed and I'll be fine.

Drivers who don't use blinkers, like come on people get your blinker fluid checked already.

Other drivers are such an easy topic for annoyances. 

I just assume that anyone who doesn't use a turn signal bought his car in Miami, and that cars sold in Miami don't have turn signals.

My main annoyance is with drivers who drive slowly in the left lane. It's especially annoying when the driver then decides to pull across three lanes of traffic just before his right lane exit.

Let me add a non-driving one. I get annoyed at women who stand at a check out line doing nothing and then only after the final total do they start digging through their purse for a means of payment.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When you bite your cheek in a weird and new place while eating and then bite it 500 more times before it heals fully!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-26-2017, 07:35 PM)copycat Wrote: When you bite your cheek in a weird and new place while eating and then bite it 500 more times before it heals fully!

And each time is a new adventure in pain.

Using a company's online contact form to enquire about buying their products and never getting a reply from them.

Responding to people that want to buy your products should be your highest priority. Especially if you're in a niche market, it should be the first thing you do in the morning and the last thing you do before you go home.

Chigger bites suck. Especially when you're allergic. I wouldn't wish this on my ex-husband's now ex-girlfriend he cheated in me with. Believe me when I say that is saying something.

Panicky phone calls from people who want you to fix their problem and they don't even know what the problem is.

"Listen, with what you are telling me, I can't help you right now. The next time you call me, you are going to need to know X, Y and Z."

"But you need to fix this! NOWWWWWW!"
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(06-28-2017, 05:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Using a company's online contact form to enquire about buying their products and never getting a reply from them.

Responding to people that want to buy your products should be your highest priority. Especially if you're in a niche market, it should be the first thing you do in the morning and the last thing you do before you go home.

Dear Mr. DragonFury,

We apologize for the delayed response. After discussion with our legal team we regret to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your request. Simply stated, we don't go there.

Sincerely,
Bad Little Monkey Novelty Boutique

Refrigerator door ice dispensers that decide to shoot out a few pieces of ice after you remove the cup. My laziness gets the better of me and i try and kick it toward my dog's bowl and hope it melts before the fiancee finds it so i can blame it on him. The struggle is real.

Females

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-18-2017, 11:22 AM)realtorpat Wrote: when forum admins fail to put a site icon up.

Hurray!
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(06-29-2017, 04:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 05:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Using a company's online contact form to enquire about buying their products and never getting a reply from them.

Dear Mr. DragonFury,

We apologize for the delayed response. After discussion with our legal team we regret to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your request. Simply stated, we don't go there.

Sincerely,

Laughing

(06-29-2017, 04:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Dear Mr. DragonFury,

Sincerely,

Laughing Laughing Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Me: "What time is it?"

Answer: "Right now?"

Well, no, I meant what time is it tomorrow! Geez, what the hell did you think I meant! What time is it right now?

(06-30-2017, 11:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Me: "What time is it?"

Well, no, I meant what time is it tomorrow!  Geez, what  the hell did you think I meant!  What time is it right now?

Something i always have found funny is this convo starting piece that always seems to happen to happen to me.

Me: "hey, Whats up?"

Answer: "How's it going?"

Maybe its just a pet peeve of mine but i always am like- But really how are they doing" they answered a a question with a question, we are getting no where.

(06-30-2017, 12:35 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 11:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Me: "What time is it?"

Well, no, I meant what time is it tomorrow!  Geez, what  the hell did you think I meant!  What time is it right now?

Something i always have found funny is this convo starting piece that always seems to happen to happen to me.

Me: "hey, Whats up?"

Answer: "How's it going?"

Maybe its just a pet peeve of mine but i always am like- But really how are they doing" they answered a a question with a question, we are getting no where.

These two examples are of people just not paying attention. 

I read somewhere recently that communication is essentially broken because we no longer listen to understand, we listen to reply. Basically we already have a pre-programmed answer to certain mundane things such as greetings. When we're in a conversation about a subject we pretty much already know what we're going to say regardless of what the other person is saying so we're not even hearing each other anymore. 

Not everyone is like this and no one is this way all the time, but a lot of times we are. It's a sad thing.

People who talk about starting a Message Board Golf Tournament and don't follow up. Oh, wait.

Yes, spiced rum does suck. Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon, though,...oops, wrong thread.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(07-01-2017, 09:25 AM)PF* Wrote: People who talk about starting a Message Board Golf Tournament and don't follow up. Oh, wait.

Yes, spiced rum does suck. Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon, though,...oops, wrong thread.

Four Roses sucks too.

"Ribeye, bone-in."

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Having to golf with a stranger because you only have 3 in your group.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I am annoyed by people who have disabled plates that don't use crutches or wheelchairs, or have a sitter. Especially in the Villages, every person might as well have a 'I'm over 65 and wealthy' plate.

Another thing that annoys me is people rushing to try and pull out in front of me (especially in TN) and then accelerating slow as heck to a speed less than the limit. Clearly they were not in a rush at all, but felt the need to cut me off, just to drive beneath the speed limit on a 2 lane highway.

Also anywhere that charges for bags. Especially Ca. Reducing liter my butt, they are just squeezing the population for more cash.

And finally, the USPS. I went to forward my mail from my parents house as they just sold it. Not a big deal, I haven't actually lived there for years now. But not thinking, I checked the 'family' instead of individual box (somehow thinking my son might get mail there even tho he never lived there and is 2 years old). Realizing my mistake I tryed to call the USPS and ask them to change it to individual. The rep tells me, no problem we can do that easily. Well 3 days later a rep sends an email that he can't change my address request from family to individual due to security reasons. So I try to do it online like he suggests. The website of course doesn't work. And I can't forward my parents mail to thier P.O. Box because I don't have a card that uses either my parents old address or the new P.O. Box. And the reps won't help me for 'security reasons.' So I have to call my parents and tell them they now have to reforward their mail because apparently you can never ever change a change of address request if you do it online and make even a small mistake (even tho they will claim you can do it by phone).

And that brings me to secondary complaint: Automated phone systems, I hate them. Especially ones like USPS that are constantly cutting you off or have ackward pauses.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.