Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019, 06:56 PM by Jags.)

(03-18-2019, 06:10 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 06:04 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: It would be nice to opt out of those ads though. You asked for trivial annoyances. I know I can just mute or take a 20 second break to get something to drink, just annoying to have to.

Get AdBlock for Youtube on Chrome is you use Chrome. Combined with uBlock Origin it make every website so much better.

Judging by the English, you started drinking again.   Congrats, you Thexy Beast.  Can I offer you another stiff drink?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The drive up San Jose was particularly slow today. For some reason everybody decided to drive 30mph through Mandarin and all the way to Baymeadows. As if going to work isn't painful enough.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-18-2019, 05:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 05:35 PM)DragonFury Wrote: My mom always told me it took six hours to deliver me.

From the orphanage.

But Dominos was doing the delivery, so he was free!

(03-19-2019, 07:17 AM)Rico Wrote: The drive up San Jose was particularly slow today.  For some reason everybody decided to drive 30mph through Mandarin and all the way to Baymeadows.  As if going to work isn't painful enough.

I don't miss Duval traffic at all. I used to live off of Roosevelt and had to drive to Baymeadows for work. The Buckman Bridge was the bane of my existence. The only thing that made it tolerable was my hours were 4pm-1am so I wasn't stuck in rush hour traffic, but traffic was still bad nonetheless. Accidents on that bridge were a common occurrence so I'd leave 30 minutes before I actually had to just to be sure I'd always be on time. Being late due to accidents was not a valid excuse.

(03-18-2019, 05:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 05:35 PM)DragonFury Wrote: My mom always told me it took six hours to deliver me.

From the orphanage.

It only took her four hours to return him.

Cleaning up after the three giant camphor trees on my property at this time of year is becoming quite the annoyance. I can fill 6 trash bins with leaves and twigs in an hour and only put a small dent in the mess. The shade is amazing in the summer, but I'm paying for it now.

I get really annoyed when the girl next to me taps on her weave every couple seconds for hours on end. Got so bad, I just had to move.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Yeah, your package will be delivered on Tuesday, no problem.

Really?

Nope! It's Wednesday now, just two hours before you need it. Get [BLEEP] peasant.

(03-26-2019, 06:15 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Yeah, your package will be delivered on Tuesday, no problem.

Really?

Nope! It's Wednesday now, just two hours before you need it. Get [BLEEP] peasant.

Well how long does it take to inflate one of those things?

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 01:30 PM by The Real Marty.)

Here's something that I find really annoying.   It's when, on these football shows, they are standing in front of some sort of smart board or huge touch-enabled monitor, and they are going to show us some plays, but at the same time, they want to show off their smart board, so instead of seeing the play like we should, we see the guys standing in front of the smart board dragging and dropping and doing all kinds of "magical" stuff the network is so proud of, and the play we are supposed to see is so small and so much in the background that you can't really see it.   I just want to yell at the TV, "I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN DRAW WITH YOUR FINGER.  SHOW THE DAMN PLAY FULL SCREEN!"    They can't seem to decide if they want to analyze a play for us or show off their smart board.   It's totally aggravating.

Which leads me into a second point.   What's the deal with talking heads?   I can hear the anchor person talking, so why do I need to SEE them talking?   GET TO THE FILM.   If you want to give me the news, why do I need to see a person sitting behind a desk talking?  Wouldn't it be so much better to just run video or graphics with a voice-over?  It's like television networks are stuck in the 1950s!

PC Matic commercials. Every single one.

Looking up 'how too' info on the internet and everything is a video now a days. What the heck, why does an 2 minute fix need an 11 minute video?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-28-2019, 10:32 AM)copycat Wrote: Looking up 'how too' info on the internet and everything is a video now a days.   What the heck, why does an 2 minute fix need an 11 minute video?

And they all start with 2 minutes of "Please subscribe to my channel."

(03-28-2019, 10:32 AM)copycat Wrote: Looking up 'how too' info on the internet and everything is a video now a days.   What the heck, why does an 2 minute fix need an 11 minute video?

They talk about everything else more than they do the "fix-it". I looked up how to put shiplap  on a wall and this girl had her two year old either in her arms or in the background screeching and hollering while she's explaining what her husband was doing. And it was in a cellphone. I watched about two minutes to see if it would improve and it didn't. Needless to say she didn't get my 'like & subscribe'.

So today, I'm sitting in a chair, one foot up on the seat as I try to pull on a sock, and my hand slips off the sock, and I accidentally punch myself in the balls.

(03-29-2019, 05:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So today, I'm sitting in a chair, one foot up on the seat as I try to pull on a sock, and my hand slips off the sock, and I accidentally punch myself in the balls.

The sock goes on your foot...not on other appendages. Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-29-2019, 05:50 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 05:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So today, I'm sitting in a chair, one foot up on the seat as I try to pull on a sock, and my hand slips off the sock, and I accidentally punch myself in the balls.

The sock goes on your foot...not on other appendages. Ninja

But we won’t judge.

It's ok, you probably had it coming.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-29-2019, 05:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 05:50 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: The sock goes on your foot...not on other appendages. Ninja

But we won’t judge.

Depends on what kind of sock it was!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-29-2019, 06:13 PM)OBchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 05:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: But we won’t judge.

Depends on what kind of sock it was!

In the Navy it’s called a Happy Sock.