Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

Old people in the supermarket holding up the line because they just have to argue over 42 cents.

BMW Drivers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-03-2017, 01:37 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I am annoyed by people who have disabled plates that don't use crutches or wheelchairs, or have a sitter. Especially in the Villages, every person might as well have a 'I'm over 65 and wealthy' plate.

And that brings me to secondary complaint: Automated phone systems, I hate them. Especially ones like USPS that are constantly cutting you off or have ackward pauses.

Some people get disabled plates because of medical reasons, like a heart condition. I think that's a better use of them than for wheelchairs, especially motorized ones. What's more annoying is when a person who is not disabled drives the car and parks in a disabled slot.

Automated phones are really annoying. What gets me is when I have to listen to three menus, supply my ID and birth date, and then have the person I finally speak with ask for my ID and birth date.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-03-2017, 11:01 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Old people in the supermarket holding up the line because they just have to argue over 42 cents.

BMW Drivers.

Wink
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(07-03-2017, 11:55 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(07-03-2017, 11:01 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Old people in the supermarket holding up the line because they just have to argue over 42 cents.

BMW Drivers.

Wink

As if I didn't despise you enough already.

(07-02-2017, 06:25 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: Having to golf with a stranger because you only have 3 in your group.

I've been that stranger. I can assure you it is just as annoying for them. I used to slide one quick round in late at jax beach or Windsor durring week. you can roll at a pretty steady pace and normally 2- 4somes will let you play through. I've gotten 18 done in 2 1/2 hours. Haven't been so lucky lately. I'll get paired up with three and end up dropping out after 9 once I realize there is no way to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2017, 06:28 PM by homebiscuit.)

(07-03-2017, 04:37 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-02-2017, 06:25 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: Having to golf with a stranger because you only have 3 in your group.

I've been that stranger. I can assure you it is just as annoying for them. I used to slide one quick round in late at jax beach or Windsor durring  week. you can roll at a pretty steady pace and normally 2- 4somes will let you play through. I've gotten 18 done in 2 1/2 hours. Haven't been so lucky lately. I'll get paired up with three and end up dropping out after 9 once I realize there is no way to finish.

Besides the exercise, this is a reason I prefer to walk. Only once I was paired up with another walker. 

What I find annoying on the course is getting ready to tee up and discover there's a group in front who are playing so bad that one of them doesn't even get in the cart. He just walks up to the ball because it only travels 25 yards with each swing. That's when I play up and put the pressure on them to let me play through. I make a scene of standing in the middle of the fairway (hopefully) and watching them expectantly. 
Nothing beats the time I got caught up behind a grandpa pulling out a tripod and camera to take pictures of his teen-aged granddaughter making numerous approach and lob shots onto the green. She actually had pretty good swing form and played pretty well. There was only a few holes left, I was in no hurry, and no one was behind me so I remained patient. I didn't want to interrupt quality family bonding time.

(07-03-2017, 06:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-03-2017, 04:37 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I've been that stranger. I can assure you it is just as annoying for them. I used to slide one quick round in late at jax beach or Windsor durring  week. you can roll at a pretty steady pace and normally 2- 4somes will let you play through. I've gotten 18 done in 2 1/2 hours. Haven't been so lucky lately. I'll get paired up with three and end up dropping out after 9 once I realize there is no way to finish.

Besides the exercise, this is a reason I prefer to walk. Only once I was paired up with another walker. 

What I find annoying on the course is getting ready to tee up and discover there's a group in front who are playing so bad that one of them doesn't even get in the cart. He just walks up to the ball because it only travels 25 yards with each swing. That's when I play up and put the pressure on them to let me play through. I make a scene of standing in the middle of the fairway (hopefully) and watching them expectantly. 
Nothing beats the time I got caught up behind a grandpa pulling out a tripod and camera to take pictures of his teen-aged granddaughter making numerous approach and lob shots onto the green. She actually had pretty good swing form and played pretty well. There was only a few holes left, I was in no hurry, and no one was behind me so I remained patient. I didn't want to interrupt quality family bonding time.

This absolutely kills me. Especially when there is no body in front of them and they refuse to let you play through. I understand it if it is Saturday or Sunday and there is jam up. But when people just don't know the unspoken rules, they should probably stick to driving range. 

The other thing that kills me is when you get paired up or are playing behind people who suck and they decide to take 5 mulligans per shot. I dont mind if people are bad, the only way to get better is to play. But when you are holding people up so you can take multiple bad shots and then have to find all you terrible shots, it drives me crazy. I'm always stuck thinking- It didn't work out for you the first 4 times, just take you drop and continue sucking on the next hole.

(07-03-2017, 01:59 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(07-03-2017, 11:55 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Wink

As if I didn't despise you enough already.

You love to hate me, and I'm pleased that I can provide that love for you :heart:
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

People that complain about playing golf...

Damn it!! Where's the little whistling guy???
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-04-2017, 08:46 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: People that complain about playing golf...

Damn it!! Where's the little whistling guy???

He was making fun of golfers. He don't whistle no more.

Yeah, the smilies for the new board are seriously lacking. I wonder if JIB can get us some quality ones?

It's still daylight and these fools are blowing off expensive mortar fireworks.

My neighborhood has been pretty tame tonight...I figure they're waiting until I'm about ready to go to bed.

The disgusting behaviour of people in large groups. I couldn't push my son in his stroller last night after the fireworks for all the plastic bottles just left wherever the [BLEEP] using it finished his/her beverage.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Lots of fireworks in my neighborhood from dusk to midnight. Some of them were very impressive.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-04-2017, 11:09 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My neighborhood has been pretty tame tonight...I figure they're waiting until I'm about ready to go to bed.

When Bunnie goes to bed. Then the action starts!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(07-05-2017, 01:08 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(07-04-2017, 11:09 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My neighborhood has been pretty tame tonight...I figure they're waiting until I'm about ready to go to bed.

When Bunnie goes to bed. Then the action starts!

Well of course!!  Ninja

Get an avatar already!!

Crop dusters.

(07-14-2017, 01:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Crop dusters.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(07-14-2017, 03:10 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 01:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Crop dusters.

Make it 4am and it's not too far off 

People riding in the street against traffic on their bicycles.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]