Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(06-29-2019, 02:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 12:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Look, it fit in the box at gate, so it fits in the overhead. Now get off my armrest.

Just because he went to college for nine years doesn't mean actually went to class.

[Image: 0BA7N6H.gif]

My first thought was him creeping the campus scoping and hoping.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-28-2019, 10:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 06:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Lol. No, it's digital but it may as well be cassette. I hate that phone. It's about 20 years old.

So, that means, you have a "house phone?" Does it have one of those 30 foot long curly cords that you can pull that hand set around with you? Or is it a Mickey Mouse phone maybe? 'Cause that would be so cool!

hamburger phone uber alles

(07-01-2019, 09:09 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 10:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So, that means, you have a "house phone?" Does it have one of those 30 foot long curly cords that you can pull that hand set around with you? Or is it a Mickey Mouse phone maybe? 'Cause that would be so cool!

hamburger phone uber alles

Nope.
Nope.

Full on annoyance. Me and hubby (he's a Panthers fan) get excited about going to the Jags/Panthers game in October only to find out it's his work weekend. He'd have to take two days off because he works night shift. Work Sat night, sleep Sun then work Sun night. 

Bummer. Not likely he'll get it off but he's going to put in for it anyway.

(07-22-2019, 03:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Full on annoyance. Me and hubby (he's a Panthers fan) get excited about going to the Jags/Panthers game in October only to find out it's his work weekend. He'd have to take two days off because he works night shift. Work Sat night, sleep Sun then work Sun night. 

It’s better off that you go alone.  He won’t like the outcome anyway.  Smile

(06-28-2019, 10:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So, that means, you have a "house phone?" Does it have one of those 30 foot long curly cords that you can pull that hand set around with you? Or is it a Mickey Mouse phone maybe? 'Cause that would be so cool!

[Image: th?id=OIP.FLMJfXj-LvP-QqQAcSCIIwHaFJ&w=2...15&pid=1.7]

I recommend keeping one around for telemarketers.  Sometimes it's fun to hang up with a little extra emphasis!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-22-2019, 06:23 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 03:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Full on annoyance. Me and hubby (he's a Panthers fan) get excited about going to the Jags/Panthers game in October only to find out it's his work weekend. He'd have to take two days off because he works night shift. Work Sat night, sleep Sun then work Sun night. 

It’s better off that you go alone.  He won’t like the outcome anyway.  Smile

He'll live. He knew when he married me I'm a die-hard Jags fan and if they ever played Carolina up here and we were able to go I'd show no mercy.   Big Grin

When did it become so prevalent for waitresses to use we? As in.

"Are we to order yet?"

"Do we have any questions?"

I find it annoying. Although the waitress topped it off Sunday at breakfast by asking, "Can we get us drinks to go?"

I was this close to saying, "What the [BLEEP] does that even mean?" But I was with my wife and that stopped me in my tracks. I could see her give me 'the look', because I had discussed this pet peeve with her already.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

When your husband's workplace decides to switch insurance providers and now you can't see a doctor you've been a patient of for the last seven years and they don't want to pay for a medication prescribed to my husband because it's an OTC med. 

Hello jackholes! If the OTC stuff worked the doc wouldn't have to write the prescription!  Angry

I was in a modern-art gallery the other day, and I just don't get it. They put these little captions beside each of the pieces of art, and they always seem to say something about how that piece is "an examination of gender roles and the oppression of developing economies" or some such fashionable politically oriented drivel. What I see is some colorful pieces of cloth hanging from some wires, or a painting that looks like a bunch of triangles. It seems like all you have to do is claim your piece of art is making some fashionable left wing political statement, and your piece will get hung in a big art gallery. And this was a big time art gallery, not some little store-front place.

I love great art, but I am completely mystified by a lot of modern art.

(07-27-2019, 09:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I was in a modern-art gallery the other day, and I just don't get it.   They put these little captions beside each of the pieces of art, and they always seem to say something about how that piece is "an examination of gender roles and the oppression of developing economies" or some such fashionable politically oriented drivel.  What I see is some colorful pieces of cloth hanging from some wires, or a painting that looks like a bunch of triangles.  It seems like all you have to do is claim your piece of art is making some fashionable left wing political statement, and your piece will get hung in a big art gallery.  And this was a big time art gallery, not some little store-front place.  

Question:  What is the difference between a child throwing paint at a canvas and an artist throwing paint at a canvass like a child?

Answer:   A thousand dollars.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-27-2019, 09:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I was in a modern-art gallery the other day, and I just don't get it.   They put these little captions beside each of the pieces of art, and they always seem to say something about how that piece is "an examination of gender roles and the oppression of developing economies" or some such fashionable politically oriented drivel.  What I see is some colorful pieces of cloth hanging from some wires, or a painting that looks like a bunch of triangles.  It seems like all you have to do is claim your piece of art is making some fashionable left wing political statement, and your piece will get hung in a big art gallery.  And this was a big time art gallery, not some little store-front place.  

https://youtu.be/Dw5kme5Q_Yo

Why is it that every time I fumble my phone the screen reveals a feature I could never find intentionally?

About 30 days from starting my harvest.

1) I've only been paid for roughly half of last year's crop.
2) I still have no idea what the actual pay rate for LAST YEARS crop is. 

Shoulda got a better degree  Undecided

(07-29-2019, 02:20 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: About 30 days from starting my harvest.

Sounds like you’ve made it, man. When you didn’t get all your money and not sure what you’re owed.  Living the dream.  It’s good to be Fantastico!

(07-31-2019, 06:11 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 02:20 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: About 30 days from starting my harvest.

Sounds like you’ve made it, man. When you didn’t get all your money and not sure what you’re owed.  Living the dream.  It’s good to be Fantastico!

Ha! I don't think the above sounds very good at all. Just taking loans out left and right based on being able to pay them back with money I don't have or know the amount of.

(08-01-2019, 05:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 06:11 PM)Jags Wrote: Sounds like you’ve made it, man. When you didn’t get all your money and not sure what you’re owed.  Living the dream.  It’s good to be Fantastico!

Ha! I don't think the above sounds very good at all. Just taking loans out left and right based on being able to pay them back with money I don't have or know the amount of.

In an odd way, I would love to do what you do though I understand that it's not exactly a "lucrative" way of life.  I could spend all day every day on a tractor and be happy.  I only have 35 acres that I'm working on getting planted as well as getting a SMALL bit of livestock on it (leasing a few acres for a few cattle to graze).

Of course, my "farm" differs very much from yours.  Most of what I grow and produce is pretty much just for me and some neighbors.  I don't do it for a living.  I donate the excess to local food banks and people.

What do you primarily grow?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I don't know, most crops here net between 3-8k/acre. A ranch the size of yours would be doing okay if you ask me. 

I used to primarily grow grapes for either wine (champagne preferred), or raisins. Now I grow more almonds but I still spend most of my time in the vineyard because I'm working on some specialization in order to fully mechanize the field for a DOV raisin varietal.

Wonderfully comfortable shirts with scratchy bothersome tags sewn in on either the neckline or the seam. Tagless shirts, people! It’s a thing!

(ahem) I’m done now.

(08-09-2019, 12:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Wonderfully comfortable shirts with scratchy bothersome tags sewn in on either the neckline or the seam. Tagless shirts, people! It’s a thing!

(ahem) I’m done now.

Tagless underwear are pretty important as well. Nothing like scratching the spot where the tag hits and someone gives you crap about dredging your butt crack.