Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(11-23-2020, 02:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 02:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Weirdo.

It does sound a little weird. Guess I'm just not that big on spaghetti.

You should have said you're a connoisseur and you make your own.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So if you say, "This vacuum really sucks.", does that mean it's good or bad.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-23-2020, 07:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So if you say, "This vacuum really sucks.", does that mean it's good or bad.

Is that a question?  Usually a statement like that is followed by one of these.  >> ?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

One trivial annoyance of mine is the number of people that don't know the difference between resign and re-sign.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-23-2020, 06:03 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 02:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It does sound a little weird. Guess I'm just not that big on spaghetti.

You should have said you're a connoisseur and you make your own.

Haha, honestly I probably haven't had spaghetti in 15-20 years. I'm more of a pesto guy.

(11-23-2020, 08:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 06:03 PM)Sneakers Wrote: You should have said you're a connoisseur and you make your own.

Haha, honestly I probably haven't had spaghetti in 15-20 years. I'm more of a pesto guy.

California will do that to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 11:34 AM by KingIngram052787.)

(11-23-2020, 08:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 06:03 PM)Sneakers Wrote: You should have said you're a connoisseur and you make your own.

Spaghetti is technically a type of pasta/noodle.  You're more of a pesto guy over a tomato sauce (or any other sauce it sounds like), not spaghetti.

(11-23-2020, 07:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So if you say, "This vacuum really sucks.", does that mean it's good or bad.

Yes.

(11-25-2020, 11:34 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 08:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Haha, honestly I probably haven't had spaghetti in 15-20 years. I'm more of a pesto guy.

Spaghetti is technically a type of pasta/noodle.  You're more of a pesto guy over a tomato sauce (or any other sauce it sounds like), not spaghetti.

I'm not that fond of tomatoes in general, good call.

When it rains just enough to ruin everything.

Taking a bite of a Costco muffin and unraveling a nice long hair.

(12-02-2020, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Taking a bite of a Costco muffin and unraveling a nice long hair.

Sir, I believe you and I have VERY different definitions of the word 'trivial'

Inquiring minds want to know - what flavor was the hair?

(12-02-2020, 10:37 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Taking a bite of a Costco muffin and unraveling a nice long hair.

#truth!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-02-2020, 10:37 AM)Mikey Wrote:

It was Clairol flavored, prepared to a light brown/hazel color. 

I'm reminded of a story a buddy told me once of how his wife used to buy fruit pies from a local day-old bakery. One morning while driving to work he bit into one and after a couple of chews noticed something of substantial firmness and size that did not belong in a fruit pie. Rather than spit it out to see what it was and risk grossing himself out, he just washed it down with a drink of coffee.  
Laughing

(12-02-2020, 10:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 10:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: Sir, I believe you and I have VERY different definitions of the word 'trivial'

I'm reminded of a story a buddy told me once of how his wife used to buy fruit pies from a local day-old bakery. One morning while driving to work he bit into one and after a couple of chews noticed something of substantial firmness and size that did not belong in a fruit pie. Rather than spit it out to see what it was and risk grossing himself out, he just washed it down with a drink of coffee.  
Laughing
Sick
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-02-2020, 10:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 10:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: Sir, I believe you and I have VERY different definitions of the word 'trivial'

Laughing

That happened to me in an Indian restaurant.  I was eating something that was opaque and creamy, and I bit into something crunchy, but there wasn't supposed to be anything crunchy in it.  I just swallowed it, because I really did not want to know what it was.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 06:15 PM by Jags.)

Hair in my food makes me want to vomit.  Reminds me of a time I met my parents for a late lunch/early dinner at a local pizza place.  Which (shocker isn’t around anymore).  We order a pizza and a pitcher of beer.  There was a long hair half in the beer and half outside the pitcher.  My dad notices it and pulls it out.  I’m a bit grossed out but, I’ll have a beer. My dad told the waitress about it, but insisted it was not too much of a problem.  Just informing her.  The pizza arrives.   Baked into the pizza, you can see an “arch” of hair in the center the long ends deeply buried in cheese. This is a different story.  I’ve lost my appetite, mom did too.  Dad tells the waitress, the owner comes out.  After 2 pieces of hair the owner is convinced we “planted” them for a free meal.  Free meal? [BLEEP], we aren’t even hungry anymore!!!  Needless to say, that didn’t go over well and that was the last time we ate there.  We since referred to that place as “Harry’s”.

LOL.  I grossed my mother out one time when they were here to visit.  We went out to a place to eat, and as I was eating my burger I noticed a hair sticking out from a place where I had taken a bite.  I shrugged, pulled the hair out and finished my burger.  My mother could hardly stand it.

The thing is, as a child growing up in a semi-rural area in the late 60's and early 70's I consumed things that I probably shouldn't have.  I drank water out of a hose from a shallow well, ate live earth worms as a dare and used to eat craw fish (boiled) out of the drainage ditch on our land.  I also tasted and ate raw meat from various animals.  A human hair doesn't really phase me.

Besides... think about what you lick and/or "eat" when you are having private relations with your significant other.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 07:32 PM by Jags.)

(12-02-2020, 07:24 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  I grossed my mother out one time when they were here to visit.  We went out to a place to eat, and as I was eating my burger I noticed a hair sticking out from a place where I had taken a bite.  I shrugged, pulled the hair out and finished my burger.  My mother could hardly stand it.

The thing is, as a child growing up in a semi-rural area in the late 60's and early 70's I consumed things that I probably shouldn't have.  I drank water out of a hose from a shallow well, ate live earth worms as a dare and used to eat craw fish (boiled) out of the drainage ditch on our land.  I also tasted and ate raw meat from various animals.  A human hair doesn't really phase me.

Besides... think about what you lick and/or "eat" when you are having private relations with your significant other.

I’m just gonna delete what I just said for fear of being too vulgar.  But those hairs in your last paragraph I don’t mind pulling out my mouth.  In food... HELL NO!

Now that biscuit opened up the pandora's box of hair in food, I have to share my on-topic annoyance regarding hair in food.

During college, I decided to earn a few bucks and took a job at an arby's type of fast food sammich joint. Applied, interviewed, and was hired. I should note that this was in the 90's, so I had the requisite goatee, kept trimmed to a respectable length.

About a week in to the job, I show up for a shift and the boss hands me a can of foamy and a disposable single-blade razor. "You need to go to the men's room and shave."

"Beg pardon?"

"You need to shave, it's a sanitation risk"

[Points to receding hairline] "If you are worried about hair, this is where your problem lies. Kiss my heinie (I didn't say heinie)." I turned around and walked out the door.

The next week, I go in to pick up my final paycheck, and the dude behind the counter has a full beard.