Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New "Feature": Advertisements

(08-19-2022, 10:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 05:41 PM)Jags Wrote: Ummm… anyone getting some “risqué” ads here lately?  I understand some ads are based on search or words/context on a page…. But I’ve never searched for or talked about/thought about what I’ve seen twice now.  I don’t even wanna say what it is.  But I guaran-damn-tee it’s not because of any collected data from my side.

Same here with ads by “Whispers” showing two guys rubbing on each other. Not that there’s anything wrong with that but I would rather not see it. 

Can anything be done about it?

Switch to the legacy jungle format 

Ninja

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-19-2022, 03:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-19-2022, 10:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Same here with ads by “Whispers” showing two guys rubbing on each other. Not that there’s anything wrong with that but I would rather not see it. 

Can anything be done about it?

Switch to the legacy jungle format 

Ninja

Couple questions.  
1. Have you seen the ad in question yet?  
2. How do you change to that format?  It used to be on the bottom of the page but, I can’t find it anywhere.  Or did I get whooshed?

Not ad related but didn't think neccessary to start another thread.

Anyway, is there a way to get notified if someone quotes your post or gives you rep? Or am I just missing it? Cheers.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(08-31-2022, 09:17 AM)Butters Wrote: Not ad related but didn't think neccessary to start another thread.

Anyway, is there a way to get notified if someone quotes your post or gives you rep? Or am I just missing it? Cheers.
If you provide your address, they’ll mail you a letter whenever that happens.

Seriously though… if you’re going to frequent the site, wouldn’t you be able to see it for yourself?  Or are you a tittians troll???  Dun,dun dun!!!

Those drop down banner ads have returned. Is anyone else seeing them?

(04-27-2023, 06:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Those drop down banner ads have returned. Is anyone else seeing them?

hate em, but as a courtesy I allow ads on the site just to throw a few bones to the team that keeps the show running.

I did notice after a few you can shrink them out of view.

(04-27-2023, 09:46 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 06:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Those drop down banner ads have returned. Is anyone else seeing them?

hate em, but as a courtesy I allow ads on the site just to throw a few bones to the team that keeps the show running.

I'd rather donate $$$ than watch ads..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Oh geeze. Let me look into that and burn them... with fire...

(04-27-2023, 09:46 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Do appreciate you letting the ads show, but they really shouldn't be disruptive. I don't like disruptive advertisements too. 

(04-27-2023, 09:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 09:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: hate em, but as a courtesy I allow ads on the site just to throw a few bones to the team that keeps the show running.

I'd rather donate $$$ than watch ads..

Donations were previously discussed; unfortunately it really complicates things as that requires regular maintenance and following up with donations unless we were to use something like Patreon (who then would take a cut). I don't think there was much interest in it before, so I didn't bother going down that route.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

(04-27-2023, 10:48 PM)Superuser Wrote:

Oh geeze. Let me look into that and burn them... with fire...

(04-27-2023, 09:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: hate em, but as a courtesy I allow ads on the site just to throw a few bones to the team that keeps the show running.

Do appreciate you letting the ads show, but they really shouldn't be disruptive. I don't like disruptive advertisements too. 

(04-27-2023, 09:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'd rather donate $$$ than watch ads..

Donations were previously discussed; unfortunately it really complicates things as that requires regular maintenance and following up with donations unless we were to use something like Patreon (who then would take a cut). I don't think there was much interest in it before, so I didn't bother going down that route.

Can't ya'll do some sort of fund raiser? Maybe a Go Fund Me or something? Are ya'll allowed to do that?

Hell, I'd donate $$ no problem.. This is my home, dude.. Sometimes your home needs a new coat of paint..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2023, 01:49 PM by Jagwired. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dayum!!! Those [BLEEP] are annoying as hell.

Edit, Damn, shrink on the top of the screen it pops out the bottom, shrink the bottom and it popped out of my [BLEEP] hole. OUCH!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

The drop down banner ads keep returning.

So I think I figured it out: They are "Anchor ads". 

Turns out Google AdSense was 'running an experiment', where it showed anchor ads to 50% of users (and of course, I wasn't one of those users). 
A while ago, I had permitted AdSense to run experiments, but ONLY for non-signed-in users. 

I have completely turned off all of that.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

I started getting pop up ads this week. It's annoying.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-07-2023, 07:08 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I started getting pop up ads this week.  It's annoying.

I got one the other day, too. Haven't gotten one since, praise admin?   Ninja

(06-07-2023, 08:09 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-07-2023, 07:08 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I started getting pop up ads this week.  It's annoying.

I got one the other day, too. Haven't gotten one since, praise admin?   Ninja

Doesn’t happen every time I enter a thread, but happens to me a couple of times a day.

Yeah the adds are back again @admin.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I’m getting the full page ads that have to be closed to continue. Is that what you guys are getting?

(06-09-2023, 05:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m getting the full page ads that have to be closed to continue. Is that what you guys are getting?

yeah, it's like a popup with grayed out background more like a nag screen. Got two already this morning. Bad googles.

(06-09-2023, 05:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m getting the full page ads that have to be closed to continue. Is that what you guys are getting?

Affirmative