Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New "Feature": Advertisements

Hey all,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we are enabling monetization and advertisements on the message boards. 

There are a few reasons why we are doing this:
- There are a few plugins that we want to pay for; we do believe in paying for good products
- There are a few hard costs involved with running a site and a few dollars will go a long way to help out
- We want to purchase advertisements (on search, on Facebook, etc) to help bring in new users to the boards. Having some money will help enable this.

We are doing this gradually and (hopefully) in a respectful way. Right now you may see an single advert at the bottom of the message boards.

We do not want to overload the site with idiotic flashing banners and BonziBUDDY-style nonsense and detract from the user experience of the message boards. Hopefully a gradual roll-out will keep things from getting too crazy.

If you have any questions or concerns, or if you want to report a bad advertisement, please post in this thread and we will address.

Thanks!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dating sites? Really???
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-21-2017, 07:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dating sites? Really???

I am working with Google Adsense (who is our advertisement provider) to get the targeted relevant adverts that we would find actually useful.

For now, since our site is so new, not alot of the top-tier advert companies are buying space on our site yet. Give them time to see that we exist and see that we are legit and the good adverts will start showing up.

And yes, I have already blocked an assortment of the spyware-like and downright stupid adverts. It will get better over time, I promise.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2017, 08:40 PM by WingerDinger.)

Clicking on links with spyware isnt a problem. Hell, we get that with every other Drifter link..

I can dig some ads for booby sites though.. I'm a faithful clicker..

Also, does clicking on the ads promote funds to the cause?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-21-2017, 08:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Also, does clicking on the ads promote funds to the cause?

Yes, every click brings us one step closer towards boobies for the mod team.

I like bewbs.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

What's with all of the Korean (?) titled threads?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm trying to kill them. I have limited powers. DOn't know how they got approved as users.

(11-20-2017, 02:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote: What's with all of the Korean (?) titled threads?

Cries for help from Dragon Fury's dungeon?

They’re still coming

(11-20-2017, 05:57 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: They’re still coming

That's what she said?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2017, 04:50 PM by haveaseat.)

I keep getting a pop up about voting on the FCC or something with a timer or something. Anyone else?

Me too
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-24-2017, 04:47 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I keep getting a pop up about voting on the FCC or something with a timer or something. Anyone else?

(11-24-2017, 08:47 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Me too

Yep, that's an interstitial message regarding the upcoming policy change that the FCC is proposing, along with a call to action. It's worth a read.

It's not an advert; just a message that (should) show only once per computer/browser.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

I am getting software and computer development advertisements.

I would rather see an annual membership fee or a PayPal donate button as opposed to the Google infection. Google is permanently pi-holed in my domain.

This was considered, but it brings up several things that seemed excessive for a board like this.

No one wants to/is making money off the board, so asking people to pay $.50/month to keep the lights on is way too much effort to collect and maintain.

If you block adverts, good! I do! Enough don't to cover hosting costs, and that's working perfectly fine so far.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

While I understand the need for advertising and agree generally with how it's been implemented, I do object to the political ads,/banners.

Political discussion is generally forbidden on all boards except the political forum. Anyone posting political threads in inappropriate forums could have their threads deleted and potentially receive warnings up to banishment.

However, with several advertisements of a political nature or from political websites, the rules regarding political posts ting hollow. Furthermore, given the ads are typically from one side of the political spectrum, I am left to wonder if duvalpride.com officially endorses that viewpoint.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-30-2018, 12:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: While I understand the need for advertising and agree generally with how it's been implemented, I do object to the political ads,/banners.

Political discussion is generally forbidden on all boards except the political forum.  Anyone posting political threads in inappropriate forums could have their threads deleted and potentially receive warnings up to banishment.

However, with several advertisements of a political nature or from political websites, the rules regarding political posts ting hollow.  Furthermore, given the ads are typically from one side of the political spectrum, I am left to wonder if duvalpride.com officially endorses that viewpoint.

Interesting. I'm never aware of ad content here.  I leave that to those wiser than I technically. 

For whatever reason, I get zero ads here when using the chrome browser and the "Legacy Jungle" setting of the board.  Perhaps that will work for you.

(08-30-2018, 12:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: While I understand the need for advertising and agree generally with how it's been implemented, I do object to the political ads,/banners.

Political discussion is generally forbidden on all boards except the political forum.  Anyone posting political threads in inappropriate forums could have their threads deleted and potentially receive warnings up to banishment.

However, with several advertisements of a political nature or from political websites, the rules regarding political posts ting hollow.  Furthermore, given the ads are typically from one side of the political spectrum, I am left to wonder if duvalpride.com officially endorses that viewpoint.

Superuser could probably address this better than I can.  I believe that the ads that appear are based on your browser and your web traffic.  As an example, I have been shopping for a new vehicle lately and the ad displayed as I type this is for a certain auto maker.

The ads are not selected by the board nor are any ads an endorsement of duvalpride.com.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.