Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Feature: Tapatalk support

The more observant may have noticed that we have enabled Tapatalk support for the Jungle.

Tapatalk is a mobile app + web service that makes a message board more easily browsed and used on a mobile device. It includes push notifications for actions (like PMs and Replies) and lets you browse the message boards inside their app's format.

Some like it, some don't, but this was a request on the previous boards, so we have enabled it here. We haven't forgotten about it!!

Please note that this does not replace the mobile-optimized theme that is being created by jagibelieve. If you would prefer to browse inside your web browser like usual, we will have that tidied up soon as well.

We are currently on the 'free' tier. This means that replies from the Tapatalk app will have a small signature/advert for the Tapatalk app (and a few other things like lots of adverts in the app itself). 
If there is interest (aka users use the app/service) we will happily pay the monthly fee to eliminate some of these nagware things and enable the paid features, but for now we have just enabled the service.

Head to your favorite app store, download the "Tapatalk" app and search for 'The Jungle". While the Tapatalk service has it's own account system, you will sign in to the Jungle using your existing account.

If you have any questions, concerns or trouble with the service, please feel free to ask them here and we will get it fixed up!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is a big upgrade for me as I am already an account user of Tapatalk. I don't think one had to be too observant to notice it has been enabled. I believe a banner pops up on mobile devices when you access the site, telling there is a mobile app.

Regardless of others opinions, this alone makes the next round of drinks on me.... When you happen to be in Fernandina.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Signature goes here.

No one cares that you guys are typing from Cellbrand - 435tzx via Tapatalk, so please turn the extraneous sig off on your app.

Thanks!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-25-2017, 01:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No one cares that you guys are typing from Cellbrand - 435tzx via Tapatalk, so please turn the extraneous sig off on your app.

Thanks!

[Image: cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-25-2017, 01:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 01:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No one cares that you guys are typing from Cellbrand - 435tzx via Tapatalk, so please turn the extraneous sig off on your app.

Thanks!

[Image: cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.jpg]

Posted from my playpen by smoke signals.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Thanks!

[Image: nope.gif]
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(06-25-2017, 02:24 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:

Thanks!

[Image: nope.gif]

You rock!

(06-25-2017, 02:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 02:24 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [Image: nope.gif]

You rock!

[Image: You%2BRock%252C%2BYou%2BRule%2521.jpg]
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Thanks!

Just FYI: that signature is a mandated advertisement thing done by Tapatalk. We are working with Tapatalk to remove this; users do not have the option to disable it.

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2017, 08:07 PM by TheBigDawg.)

Thanks!

Just FYI: that signature is a mandated advertisement thing done by Tapatalk. We are working with Tapatalk to remove this; users do not have the option to disable it.
[/quote]

Each individual user should be able to turn off their signatures. Although I see no reason to do so to appease others.
Signature goes here.

(06-25-2017, 08:04 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Each individual user should be able to turn off their signatures. Although I see no reason to do so to appease others.

I stand corrected. It's a simple app change.

I have no idea what the setting does that's in the Tapatalk Admin control panel does then.

Thanks!

Talk to the iPhone.

K thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."