Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who will start September 10th?
This poll is closed.
Albert/Cann/Shatley/Linder/Parnell
2.04%
2 2.04%
Albert/Omameh/Linder/Cann/Parnell
4.08%
4 4.08%
Albert/Cann/Linder/Robinson/Parnell
6.12%
6 6.12%
Albert/Linder/Shatley/Parnell/Robinson
1.02%
1 1.02%
Robinson/Cann/Linder/Watford/Parnell
24.49%
24 24.49%
Albert/Watford/Linder/Cann/Parnell
3.06%
3 3.06%
Albert/Shatley/Linder/Cann/Parnell
1.02%
1 1.02%
Albert/Robinson/Linder/Cann/Parnell
46.94%
46 46.94%
Albert/Cann/Linder/Omameh/Robinson
11.22%
11 11.22%
Total 98 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Guess The Starting O-Line

(06-26-2017, 01:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Going with:

LT - Albert
LG - Omameh
C - Linder
RG - Parnell
RT - Robinson

I could totally see this.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2017, 03:57 PM by TheAll22. Edit Reason: I can do whatever I want )

(06-26-2017, 02:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 01:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Going with:

LT - Albert
LG - Omameh
C - Linder
RG - Parnell
RT - Robinson

I could totally see this.

Eh, I see the logic but week one? - I might want the experience of Parnell and Albert on the Edges. Albert has experience practicing with premier D-Lineman and Parnell held his own against Houston last season. MY fear is that we are going to rush Robinson into the starting lineup and he'll get exposed early. Robinson looks to be tested early and he will benefit from playing in Saban's offense. The whole line dominos off of Robinson's development and I'll probably make you all nauseous with my evaluation of Robinson in that I think as of today - Robinson is best suited as a guard

I See something like 

Albert
Omameh
Linder
Robinson 
Parnell

For all of you guys that are dead set against that Cam Robinson to guard possibility:

This is a pretty good read:
http://grantland.com/features/guard-tack...nemen-nfl/

(06-27-2017, 11:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: For all of you guys that are dead set against that Cam Robinson to guard possibility:

This is a pretty good read:
http://grantland.com/features/guard-tack...nemen-nfl/

This article really taps into the dissapointment fans feel when a player moved to Guard, like it's the ultimate sign that the player was a bust.. as in the case of Luke Joeckel. I alos love that they quote the great Andy Heck, who is one of my favorite line coaches in the business.

In Robinson's case, I see physiological traits and play style that would set him apart from most guards in the league because he has a tackles size and arm length. When I watch Robinson online, what sticks out to me is his feet - notice how he's got great east to west movement and his hips stay low as most nose tackles are shorter, a guy with long arms and low set hips will have an advantagejust physiologically over the a 3 tech lineman or 4-3 DT
(This is what also make linder so succesful inside)

Robinson would be a good tackle but I think he can be a premier guard

I went second to last. But I have been wondering if swapping cann to C would be worth doing.

Albert-Cam-Cann-Linder-Parnell

Maybe it's just me, but having Linder at RG and putting Cam and Albert on the otherside seems like a pretty damn strong line. I have been pretty disappointed in Cann so far but I wonder if he can find his grove at center.

(06-28-2017, 03:23 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I went second to last. But I have been wondering if swapping cann to C would be worth doing.

Maybe it's just me, but having Linder at RG and putting Cam and Albert on the otherside seems like a pretty damn strong line. I have been pretty disappointed in Cann so far but I wonder if he can find his grove at center.

I don't believe Cann is really in the running for C. It's primariliy Linder, Shatley, Bowanko and soon Rhaney as their latest addition to the roster.

'02

(06-28-2017, 04:53 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 03:23 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I went second to last. But I have been wondering if swapping cann to C would be worth doing.

I don't believe Cann is really in the running for C. It's primariliy Linder, Shatley, Bowanko and soon Rhaney as their latest addition to the roster.

That's my understanding as well, I was just throwing out there,. I think I read it on here somewhere that he had played center at some point in his career. I thought he was going to be a lot bigger of an impact than he was coming out of sc. i was just throwing it out there as something I would be pumped to see.

(06-29-2017, 10:38 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 04:53 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

That's my understanding as well, I was just throwing out there,. I think I read it on here somewhere that he had played center at some point in his career. I thought he was going to be a lot bigger of an impact than he was coming out of sc. i was just throwing it out there as something I would be pumped to see.

Yes, he played some center in college and Mayock touted him as a good starting center prospect prior to the draft. 
It does appear that the Jags brass like Shatley at Center if Linder indeed ends up at guard  -- and I've seen no indication that they are even looking at Cann there as of now. 

Maybe camp yields some different looks in the middle. 

It will be interesting to watch this line settle into a starting unit by August 24th.

(06-22-2017, 11:53 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: How about:

Albert Robinson Bowanko Linder Parnell

This.

2nd choice would be Robinson, Albert, Linder, Cann, Parnell
3rd choice would be Albert, Robinson, Linder, Cann, Parnell

A crazy shakeup would be any lineup including Shatley and not including Albert

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2017, 11:10 AM by JagsorDie.)

(06-29-2017, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 10:38 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: That's my understanding as well, I was just throwing out there,. I think I read it on here somewhere that he had played center at some point in his career. I thought he was going to be a lot bigger of an impact than he was coming out of sc. i was just throwing it out there as something I would be pumped to see.

Yes, he played some center in college and Mayock touted him as a good starting center prospect prior to the draft. 
It does appear that the Jags brass like Shatley at Center if Linder indeed ends up at guard  -- and I've seen no indication that they are even looking at Cann there as of now. 

It will be interesting to watch this line settle into a starting unit by August 24th.

I like that we have options. Maybe it is just me, but I feel like haveing Linder at C is putting him in a place out of desperation. I don't think anyone would argue that there isn't anyone else better at guard on the roster. Since that seems to be his #1 position, I feel like moving  him to center when he did not get beat out at guard is just a desperate move.  I understand moving him to fill the hole at center but imo  I don't think it makes much since when you are creating another hole guard in the process.

(06-29-2017, 10:56 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 11:53 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: How about:

Albert Robinson Bowanko Linder Parnell

This.

I agree.  I went with the second to last choice. But honestly I like the second choice even though I don't think Robinson will be as good of a player of the rip as Albert is right now at left tackle. But if he is going to be our left tackle of the future, I don't really  know if a starting him guard just for the sake of putting him on the field is really the best option. May sound stupid, but I feel like if he comes into the league and starts playing Guard, he should stay there. But, that will leave us having to draft another left tackle in a few years once Albert retires.

(06-29-2017, 10:59 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes, he played some center in college and Mayock touted him as a good starting center prospect prior to the draft. 

I like that we have options. Maybe it is just me, but I feel like haveing Linder at C is putting him in a place out of desperation. I don't think anyone would argue that there isn't anyone else better at guard on the roster. Since that seems to be his #1 position, I feel like moving  him to center when he did not get beat out at guard is just a desperate move.  I understand moving him to fill the hole at center but imo  I don't think it makes much since when you are creating another hole guard in the process.

There were ways to rationalize moving Linder to center last season. I get why they did it. Had Joeckel panned out to be a decent LG it may have worked pretty well - and Linder did play the position well. 

However  -- now we have even more focus on the run than what they attempted (and failed) at doing last season. This likely means they'll run no small number of "power run" formations and plays. These plays often involve a guard pulling from one side to the other to help the FB pave a running lane.  That guard will ideally continue on to block at the "second level."  
If this scenario does indeed prove to be heavy in the Jags offensive rotation, then having your best interior lineman at guard instead of center should prove to be an asset in the run game.

(06-29-2017, 10:59 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes, he played some center in college and Mayock touted him as a good starting center prospect prior to the draft. 

(06-29-2017, 10:56 AM)Kane Wrote: This.

I agree.  I went with the second to last choice. But honestly I like the second choice even though I don't think Robinson will be as good of a player of the rip as Albert is right now at left tackle. But if he is going to be our left tackle of the future, I don't really  know if a starting him guard just for the sake of putting him on the field is really the best option. May sound stupid, but I feel like if he comes into the league and starts playing Guard, he should stay there. But, that will leave us having to draft another left tackle in a few years once Albert retires.

I think having Robinson at LG is a better idea than having him play RT.
He'd be right alongside Albert the whole way and would simply slide out next season.

I'm pretty sure Albert is a one year stop gap player at this point.
But from everything I've heard Robinson has a legit shot at being the LT from day 1.

We shall see...
I think L.Bo playing Center has been swept under the rug way too quickly mostly by John O...
I really think Albert Robinson Bowanko Linder Parnell is at the very least a run blocking monster O-line.

(06-29-2017, 01:05 PM)Kane Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 10:59 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I like that we have options. Maybe it is just me, but I feel like haveing Linder at C is putting him in a place out of desperation. I don't think anyone would argue that there isn't anyone else better at guard on the roster. Since that seems to be his #1 position, I feel like moving  him to center when he did not get beat out at guard is just a desperate move.  I understand moving him to fill the hole at center but imo  I don't think it makes much since when you are creating another hole guard in the process.

I think having Robinson at LG is a better idea than having him play RT.
He'd be right alongside Albert the whole way and would simply slide out next season.

I'm pretty sure Albert is a one year stop gap player at this point.
But from everything I've heard Robinson has a legit shot at being the LT from day 1.

We shall see...
I think L.Bo playing Center has been swept under the rug way too quickly mostly by John O...
I really think Albert Robinson Bowanko Linder Parnell is at the very least a run blocking monster O-line.

That is a good way to look at the Robinson situation.

As for L bo, i think the only argument that have heard against him was that he is more built for a ZBS with his size, which to my understanding we are not running anymore. I dont know all the details but for the most part i think that he has been solid. Wasn't he injured last season and that was the main reason that Linder moved to center?

(06-29-2017, 01:57 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 01:05 PM)Kane Wrote: ...
We shall see...

That is a good way to look at the Robinson situation.

As for L bo, i think the only argument that have heard against him was that he is more built for a ZBS with his size, which to my understanding we are not running anymore. I dont know all the details but for the most part i think that he has been solid. Wasn't he injured last season and that was the main reason that Linder moved to center?

He had hip surgery in June last summer that had him out for several months of re-hab. He was activated in December last season I believe. 

They had previously tried to upgrade Bowanko by signing Wisniewski, so I'm not sure they really see L Bo as much more than a back-up, but I'd love to see him become a quality starting center. Just don't have much confidence in it happening.
They let Wizz walk in FA then didn't draft a center in 2016 and basically named Linder the center during OTAs in May that year. Before Bowanko decided to have surgery.

(06-29-2017, 02:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 01:57 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: That is a good way to look at the Robinson situation.

He had hip surgery in June last summer that had him out for several months of re-hab. He was activated in December last season I believe. 

They had previously tried to upgrade Bowanko by signing Wisniewski, so I'm not sure they really see L Bo as much more than a back-up, but I'd love to see him become a quality starting center. Just don't have much confidence in it happening.

Oh man that was bad, I thought he was going to be decent when we got him. IIRC he was a probowler at one point in his career. Then he landed in jacksonville and get a bad case of snap the ball over the QB's head syndrome coupled with snap the ball on the wrong snap count itus. we seem to have that effect on FA's.

(06-29-2017, 03:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 02:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He had hip surgery in June last summer that had him out for several months of re-hab. He was activated in December last season I believe. 

Oh man that was bad, I thought he was going to be decent when we got him. IIRC he was a probowler at one point in his career. Then he landed in jacksonville and get a bad case of snap the ball over the QB's head syndrome coupled with snap the ball on the wrong snap count itus. we seem to have that effect on FA's.

I still suspect Caldwell was paying Wiz under the table to tank games in December.
'02

(06-29-2017, 09:25 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 03:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Oh man that was bad, I thought he was going to be decent when we got him. IIRC he was a probowler at one point in his career. Then he landed in jacksonville and get a bad case of snap the ball over the QB's head syndrome coupled with snap the ball on the wrong snap count itus. we seem to have that effect on FA's.

I still suspect Caldwell was paying Wiz under the table to tank games in December.

DC : pst "wizinator whats up man"
Wiz: : "hey man what's going on"
DC : "hey man, want to make an extra 3mil."
Wiz: "yeah whats whatcha need?"
DC:  "when we get a decent 3rd and short, snap that [BLEEP] right over Blakey's. i mean like 20 yards over his head. Gus is messing all kinds of [BLEEP] up, i probably need that ramsey kid to repair this bs defense gus is running."
Wiz:  "deal, throw in a extra million, and ill snap it straight into his nuts when looks at the side lines."
DC : "oh hell yeah, you got it."

Pretty sure that is how that went.

On Jaguars Thursday they gave their OL suggestions. 

Prisco wasn't sure but seemed to agree with Boselli who agrees with the poll majority, that being...

LT Albert, LG Cam C Linder RG Cann RT Parnell

Sexton agreed but flipped the Gs with Cann at LG and Cam at RG.

I'm still thinking...

LT Albert, LG Cann C Linder RG Omameh RT Cam

Parnell will simply be a pricey backup RT until Cam is ready to move to LT.  I know it's not the popular opinion here, but I'm convinced that if Parnell and Robinson get a fair shot to compete against each other, I just totally see Cam Robinson winning that battle. 
'02

From the first day of camp...

OL shuffle: Brandon Linder, who signed a five-year contract extension on Tuesday that includes $24 million guaranteed, opened training camp as the center. He had played both guard and center during OTAs and minicamp. Branden Albert lined up at left tackle with Tyler Shatley at left guard, A.J. Cann at right guard and Jermey Parnell at right tackle. Marrone said they told Cann to be prepared to play both guard spots during camp. Cam Robinson, the Jaguars’ second-round draft pick, was the second-team left tackle.

Something tells me Shatley won't be with the starters at LG for long.

Another T-U report gives even more details...

* The offensive line combinations: First group – LT Albert, LG Tyler Shatley, C Brandon Linder, RG A.J. Cann and RT Jermey Parnell. Second group – LT Robinson, LG Patrick Omameh, C Luke Bowanko, RG Earl Watford and RT Jeremiah Poutasi. Third group – LT Josh Wells, LG Chris Reed, C Demetrius Rhaney, RG Nila Kasitati and RT Gennesy.

* Wells worked most of the off-season as the first-team left tackle so it’s not good news for him that he’s down to the third team. Shatley worked at first-team right guard and center in the off-season but was moved to the left side Thursday.

* Cann practiced at left guard throughout the off-season program, but was back at right guard, his starting spot the last two years. Coach Doug Marrone said Cann is preparing to flip back and forth.

'02

Welp.

This just got weird.

Robinson/Omameh/Linder/Watford/Parnell ??

I have no idea how this will shake out now.