Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who will start September 10th?
This poll is closed.
Albert/Cann/Shatley/Linder/Parnell
2.04%
2 2.04%
Albert/Omameh/Linder/Cann/Parnell
4.08%
4 4.08%
Albert/Cann/Linder/Robinson/Parnell
6.12%
6 6.12%
Albert/Linder/Shatley/Parnell/Robinson
1.02%
1 1.02%
Robinson/Cann/Linder/Watford/Parnell
24.49%
24 24.49%
Albert/Watford/Linder/Cann/Parnell
3.06%
3 3.06%
Albert/Shatley/Linder/Cann/Parnell
1.02%
1 1.02%
Albert/Robinson/Linder/Cann/Parnell
46.94%
46 46.94%
Albert/Cann/Linder/Omameh/Robinson
11.22%
11 11.22%
Total 98 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Guess The Starting O-Line

Unless we make a move, Robinson is probably a lock at LT now that Albert is gone, but that makes me extremely nervous. I see him lacking the footwork to protect Bortles' blindside. I fully expect Cann to win one of the starting OG positions, probably LG. Linder is our only reliable O-Lineman so he's penciled in as Center. Personally, I believe either Omameh or Bowanko should be given the nod at RG, but we'll see how this plays out. Parnell is also probably a lock at RT, due to lack of competition, but he needs to be upgraded. I was hoping that would be where Robinson would start.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-31-2017, 12:12 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Parnell isn't going anywhere. If I had to guess Reed and Wells will be gone for sure. Starting line may be Robinson/Omameh/Linder/Bawanko/Parnell.  With the team wanting to be more physical in the run game but still holding up in pass pro, Cann most likely will get knocked down the depth chart. He is barely average at best. Honestly, the guard positions are still anyone's guess and something to watch in camp.

With Albert retiring. I really don't see Wells going anywhere. He's staying put.

Reed, on the other hand, is probably gone in the first round of cuts.

As for Bowanko, I don't believe he's really in the mix at G having primarily seen reps at C and RT.

(07-31-2017, 12:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 12:10 PM)Jags02 Wrote: If Parnell fails to start, I don't think they his salary to be a backup.

Nah. They just saved around 8 or 9 million when Albert called it quits. They don't care about Parnell getting 6.5 million this year even if he's unexpectedly edged out of his starting spot.  They don't exactly have a wealth of options and they'll need at least some sort of proven depth. 

I'd bet the farm he ends up starting at RT anyway.

True... I may not have quite considered how easy it is to carry Parnell's $6.5 mil after just freeing up $8.9 mil. 

(07-31-2017, 12:28 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 12:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: They would have to start giving Bowanko reps at Guard for that to happen. I don't believe he's even been given that opportunity this offseason and im not sure why.

If Bowanko is one of the starting five, then it's probably him at center and Linder at RG.

(07-31-2017, 12:39 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: But, they just gave Linder Center money.

Bowanko is their backup C, and at this point, I don't see him starting. That said, he's capable of playing virtually any OL position in a clinch, and is likely active all 16 weeks. I'm thinking Wells is probably active every week as well as their backup LT, but the other backups are likely taking turns on the inactive list.
'02

Quote:Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye  32 minutes ago

Chris Reed and Jeremiah Poutasi are rotating in at RG and RT with Cann and Parnell on first team offense today. #Jaguars

The musical chairs continue...

Robinson Shatley Linder Cann Parnell

Suppose Shatley and Cann can swap.

But man...
For some reason in my head the lineup of
Robinson Omameh L.Bo Linder Parnell
I want to say this would be the best combination... but apparently L.Bo hasn't gotten good enough since his try out two years ago. And it seems they like Shatley to start one of the OG spots.

As of August 2nd - I'm thinking it winds up being:

Robinson / Omameh / Linder / ????? / Parnell

RG is a head-scratcher right now unless Cann steps up to the plate.

Could be Shatley, Poutasi, Watford, or Bowanko if Cann continues to struggle.

Boy with Albert retiring and Lamp getting an ACL, the Robinson pick is looking better and better.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(08-02-2017, 06:56 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Boy with Albert retiring and Lamp getting an ACL, the Robinson pick is looking better and better.

Curse incoming.

(08-02-2017, 06:56 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Boy with Albert retiring and Lamp getting an ACL, the Robinson pick is looking better and better.

(08-02-2017, 11:33 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Curse incoming.

[Image: tenor.gif]

(07-31-2017, 06:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Unless we make a move, Robinson is probably a lock at LT now that Albert is gone, but that makes me extremely nervous. I see him lacking the footwork to protect Bortles' blindside. I fully expect Cann to win one of the starting OG positions, probably LG. Linder is our only reliable O-Lineman so he's penciled in as Center. Personally, I believe either Omameh or Bowanko should be given the nod at RG, but we'll see how this plays out. Parnell is also probably a lock at RT, due to lack of competition, but he needs to be upgraded. I was hoping that would be where Robinson would start.

You got your CFL scrap-heap wish:

Quote:Bunche, 6-6, 320, has previously spent time with the Canadian Football League’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats and originally was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2015 by the Philadelphia Eagles. Bunche played collegiately at UCLA in 2014 after attending the University of Miami.
newly signed OG  ^

I'll bet you $50 he doesn't get past "scrub" Omameh on the depth chart.

(08-03-2017, 03:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 06:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Unless we make a move, Robinson is probably a lock at LT now that Albert is gone, but that makes me extremely nervous. I see him lacking the footwork to protect Bortles' blindside. I fully expect Cann to win one of the starting OG positions, probably LG. Linder is our only reliable O-Lineman so he's penciled in as Center. Personally, I believe either Omameh or Bowanko should be given the nod at RG, but we'll see how this plays out. Parnell is also probably a lock at RT, due to lack of competition, but he needs to be upgraded. I was hoping that would be where Robinson would start.

You got your CFL scrap-heap wish:

Quote:Bunche, 6-6, 320, has previously spent time with the Canadian Football League’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats and originally was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2015 by the Philadelphia Eagles. Bunche played collegiately at UCLA in 2014 after attending the University of Miami.
newly signed OG  ^

I'll bet you $50 he doesn't get past "scrub"  Omameh on the depth chart.

Omameh is not a scrub. He may be our best backup. Unfortunately, he may be thrust into the starting lineup due to lack of quality starters. Personally I believe Omameh and Bowanko are our top backups on the O-Line. I just don't want them starting a 16 game season.

Any word on if Bunche will see any time at T? or is he strictly a Guard?

From Ryan O

Through five 1-on-1 DL/OL practices in pads, Cam Robinson is 8-2. #Jaguars

(08-04-2017, 10:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: From Ryan O

8-2 huh? He'll have to do better than that.
'02

(08-04-2017, 11:38 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 10:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: From Ryan O

8-2 huh? He'll have to do better than that.

That means in actual games he'd be giving up like 5 sacks per outing, assuming most of the losses were just hurries.

(08-05-2017, 05:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 11:38 PM)Jags02 Wrote: 8-2 huh? He'll have to do better than that.

That means in actual games he'd be giving up like 5 sacks per outing, assuming most of the losses were just hurries.

No it doesn't.  It's easier for a defender on 1 on 1 drills.  The LT isn't on an island every pass play

Those drills favor the defensive player fellas.

Outside of any injuries our starting line in week 1 will be Cam-Omameh-Linder-Cann-Parnell.

As the coaches say Omameh isn't too good of a pract,ice player but come game day he's usually much better.

Is this line good enough to win with? I don't think so. We'll see. Week 1 we play the Texans who have the best front 7 in football so the silver lining is every matchup after that will be easier

Interesting.

Before Albert retired - check out this ranking of 2017 O-Lines. (tacks 4th, cowgirls 9th, Jags 13th)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pr...017-season

(08-06-2017, 09:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Interesting.

Before Albert retired - check out this ranking of 2017 O-Lines. (tacks 4th, cowgirls 9th, Jags 13th)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pr...017-season

I have faith that Robinson will be average at the very least.  I think it all depends on the right side of our line again, especially RG

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 06:15 AM by irontrooper83.)

At this point I think it will be:

Robinson-Omameh (Marrone has praised him often and he was a good starter last year)-Linder-Cann-Parnell.

Cann has to step up his game, Watford being injured at the moment has given him an advantage probably.