Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, have we come to realization yet...

(03-07-2019, 09:44 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 08:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I haven't seen any evidence of collusion by Trump himself.   There seems to be growing evidence of collusion by the people around him.   There's also the opinion of all of our intelligence agencies that the Russians were engaged in a major covert operation attempting to influence our election in Trump's favor.  

It kind of begs the question, why do so many people who were in the Trump campaign or involved with Trump decide to lie to the FBI and the Special Counsel?   And why does Trump constantly scream bloody murder about the investigation?  If he would just say, and only in response to a question, "I don't care, I have nothing to hide." and leave it at that, we wouldn't be paying so much attention.  This is where Trump's lack of political experience hurts him.  An experienced politician would not be making himself  look so guilty.  

As for the Mueller investigation being "a big nothing burger," we have yet to see the report, and so far there have been multiple convictions and jail sentences for people who were in the Trump campaign.  Again, I attribute some of this to Trump's lack of political experience.   He didn't have a surrounding cast of political operatives who had been with him for years, so he had to scramble to get people around him to fill roles in the campaign, and he wound up with some people who didn't understand how to stay out of trouble.

With Respect, that's just ignorant.  

1.) As to the convictions for "lying" let's play a game.  I am going to electronically mine every communication that you have had for the last 5 years.  I am then going to put you in a room and quiz you on what day and what time you may have sent 1000 or so text messages.  For every one that you get wrong I am going to charge you with a felony and raid your house with 20 FBI agents.  Congress needs to fundamentally change the way that we prosecute "lying"to FBI officials when they know full well that you weren't engaged in any criminal misconduct in the first place and you already provided them with documents to satisfy their inquiry.  

2.) As to political experience, the most tenured seasoned adviser in the Trump Adviser was Manafort.  He was the wise old man that guided Gerald ford through the last potentially contested Republican convention in 1976 when they defeated Ronald Reagan.  He was widely respected in the republican party for his ability to game the delegate system and take as many votes to the convention floor as possible.  The Special Counsel's office picks up a case that had already been declined for prosecution by the DOJ and blows enough smoke to get convictions about accounting based on lobbying activities in Ukraine, nothing to do with Russian Collusion.  As a matter of fact, no conviction or plea in this whole tired affair has ANYTHING TO DO with Russian Collusion.  

3.) You're right its not a nothing burger, this is the greatest violation of American Civil liberties and the rule of law in our lifetime.  

a.) By the letter of the regulation that allowed Mueller's appointment he had to recuse himself.  He had a demonstrable conflict of interest.  The day before his appointment, he was interviewed and rejected for his old Job as FBI director. Rod Rosenstein would be a material witness in any case of obstruction, he should have never been allowed to appoint mueller.  The Deputy director of the FBI who oversaw the Russia investigation from its infancy was married to a woman who received over 700k in campaign donations from Clinton apparatchiks during her run for state senate.   He has subsequently been fired.  Lead Counsel for the FBI Bruce Ohr's wife was being indirectly paid by the DNC to dig up dirt on Trump through perkins quoi and Fusion GPS.  He has since been demoted and removed from his former position.  The lead investigator in the Russian Case and the Clinton E-mail case had to be removed for demonstrable BIAS against the Trump campaign.  He has since been fired.  

b.) The Trump Campaign was the VICTIM of US and international tradecraft.  You have Maltese professors setting up Campaign aids with hot dates and alcohol to get them to make planted, potentially compromising statements.  You have intelligence Assets trying to gain access to the Trump Campaign. You have former US/British intelligence assets being paid by the DNC for op research that gets passed off as credible intel.  You have the FISA court being intentionally deceived by the Director of the FBI, both the current and former deputy Attornies general of the United States of America and the former deputy director of the FBI.  You have a decorated General being questioned under the pretense of a Law that has NEVER been used to successfully prosecute anyone in the history of the United States, at the direction of the disgraced former head of the FBI.  He was told not to have lawyers present by the former Deputy of the FBI.  

4.) In order to make the case against the Trump campaign and exonerate Clinton's conduct as SOS you literally have to rewrite the law.  Julian Assange went on television and in other open sources and stated repeatedly that he had compromising material on the Clinton Campaign and that he would release it.  It is not and has never been a Crime for a campaign to solicit opposition research during an election season, not even from a foreign actor like Assange.  Conversely, you can't pay them, as the Clinton Campaign DID with Christopher Steel.  Attorney Client privilege: When Clinton's e-mails were destroyed while under subpoena the IT professional was asked by the DOJ if he destroyed the information at the behest of Clinton's lawyer.  He asserted Attorney Client privilege because the instructions were given by a lawyer, but he was NOT THE LAWYERS CLIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Further, Members of Clinton's staff at the SOS office were allowed to sit in as her Pro Bono Counsel during her testimony to Peter Strzok.  (They indicted Manafort for making a phone call to a potential witness) Conversely, Michael Cohen's office was raided looking for dirt on his former client based on allegations of Campaign finance that have already been debunked on their face by former directors of the Federal Elections commission because as Cohen Testified, Trumps been paying off Mistresses for decades!  The Logan act was never meant to apply to the NSA designee and his conversations with his soon to be counterparts.  The Espionage act's specific text plainly lays out a standard of Gross negligence, and the leadership of the FBI and the DOJ went to great lengths to write into the statute that there had to be specific intent.  

What is plainly a crime for the left isn't really a crime and what is plainly legal for the Right just feels wrong so we have to make it a crime.  That's a symptom of systemic bias against conservatism, not someone's political naivete.

You're funny.  So much special pleading. So many words.  Such an air of wanting to be taken seriously despite how fallacious your arguments are.  Then again, you may not realize these fallacies, which is more sad than funny, if true.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-07-2019, 07:52 AM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 03:06 PM)Dakota Wrote: When the dust settles, the left will likely rue the day that they kept these allegations alive because they're spinning back to the pre-election times when actual real crimes took place. I don't think it will be President trump facing a prosecutor. It will be many members of the left.

Oh wow ... that caught me of guard. First time I entered this thread. Sad

Yeah, I miss him around here too.

(03-07-2019, 08:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 09:20 PM)pirkster Wrote: With the Mueller investigation about to wrap up a nothing burger, it's nice to look back and see we've ended exactly where we started.

Nothing but empty, wishful thinking by those who thought they had a slam dunk victory - who actually got dunked on.

Instead of being angry at the media and others who mislead them and lied to them about the facts, they remain angry at the man who won fair and square.

Instead of self-reflecting, admitting fault, and using that as medicine for self-improvement... they've doubled down, tripled down, and careened off into delusion, anger, and hatred.

There's still time to return to sanity.  It all starts with one step.  Then another, and another...

Just like an addiction or weight loss... the problem didn't happen overnight.  It can't possibly be fixed overnight.

WE the people.  You can come back whenever you chose.

Or, remain in the self induced fog.

Your choice.

I haven't seen any evidence of collusion by Trump himself.   There seems to be growing evidence of collusion by the people around him.   There's also the opinion of all of our intelligence agencies that the Russians were engaged in a major covert operation attempting to influence our election in Trump's favor.  

It kind of begs the question, why do so many people who were in the Trump campaign or involved with Trump decide to lie to the FBI and the Special Counsel?   And why does Trump constantly scream bloody murder about the investigation?  If he would just say, and only in response to a question, "I don't care, I have nothing to hide." and leave it at that, we wouldn't be paying so much attention.  This is where Trump's lack of political experience hurts him.  An experienced politician would not be making himself  look so guilty.  

As for the Mueller investigation being "a big nothing burger," we have yet to see the report, and so far there have been multiple convictions and jail sentences for people who were in the Trump campaign.  Again, I attribute some of this to Trump's lack of political experience.   He didn't have a surrounding cast of political operatives who had been with him for years, so he had to scramble to get people around him to fill roles in the campaign, and he wound up with some people who didn't understand how to stay out of trouble.

I'm glad that Trump continues to call out this bull [BLEEP] instead of meekly acting like it should be business as usual. it's about time someone said it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-07-2019, 09:51 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 09:44 AM)jj82284 Wrote: With Respect, that's just ignorant.  

1.) As to the convictions for "lying" let's play a game.  I am going to electronically mine every communication that you have had for the last 5 years.  I am then going to put you in a room and quiz you on what day and what time you may have sent 1000 or so text messages.  For every one that you get wrong I am going to charge you with a felony and raid your house with 20 FBI agents.  Congress needs to fundamentally change the way that we prosecute "lying"to FBI officials when they know full well that you weren't engaged in any criminal misconduct in the first place and you already provided them with documents to satisfy their inquiry.  

2.) As to political experience, the most tenured seasoned adviser in the Trump Adviser was Manafort.  He was the wise old man that guided Gerald ford through the last potentially contested Republican convention in 1976 when they defeated Ronald Reagan.  He was widely respected in the republican party for his ability to game the delegate system and take as many votes to the convention floor as possible.  The Special Counsel's office picks up a case that had already been declined for prosecution by the DOJ and blows enough smoke to get convictions about accounting based on lobbying activities in Ukraine, nothing to do with Russian Collusion.  As a matter of fact, no conviction or plea in this whole tired affair has ANYTHING TO DO with Russian Collusion.  

3.) You're right its not a nothing burger, this is the greatest violation of American Civil liberties and the rule of law in our lifetime.  

a.) By the letter of the regulation that allowed Mueller's appointment he had to recuse himself.  He had a demonstrable conflict of interest.  The day before his appointment, he was interviewed and rejected for his old Job as FBI director. Rod Rosenstein would be a material witness in any case of obstruction, he should have never been allowed to appoint mueller.  The Deputy director of the FBI who oversaw the Russia investigation from its infancy was married to a woman who received over 700k in campaign donations from Clinton apparatchiks during her run for state senate.   He has subsequently been fired.  Lead Counsel for the FBI Bruce Ohr's wife was being indirectly paid by the DNC to dig up dirt on Trump through perkins quoi and Fusion GPS.  He has since been demoted and removed from his former position.  The lead investigator in the Russian Case and the Clinton E-mail case had to be removed for demonstrable BIAS against the Trump campaign.  He has since been fired.  

b.) The Trump Campaign was the VICTIM of US and international tradecraft.  You have Maltese professors setting up Campaign aids with hot dates and alcohol to get them to make planted, potentially compromising statements.  You have intelligence Assets trying to gain access to the Trump Campaign. You have former US/British intelligence assets being paid by the DNC for op research that gets passed off as credible intel.  You have the FISA court being intentionally deceived by the Director of the FBI, both the current and former deputy Attornies general of the United States of America and the former deputy director of the FBI.  You have a decorated General being questioned under the pretense of a Law that has NEVER been used to successfully prosecute anyone in the history of the United States, at the direction of the disgraced former head of the FBI.  He was told not to have lawyers present by the former Deputy of the FBI.  

4.) In order to make the case against the Trump campaign and exonerate Clinton's conduct as SOS you literally have to rewrite the law.  Julian Assange went on television and in other open sources and stated repeatedly that he had compromising material on the Clinton Campaign and that he would release it.  It is not and has never been a Crime for a campaign to solicit opposition research during an election season, not even from a foreign actor like Assange.  Conversely, you can't pay them, as the Clinton Campaign DID with Christopher Steel.  Attorney Client privilege: When Clinton's e-mails were destroyed while under subpoena the IT professional was asked by the DOJ if he destroyed the information at the behest of Clinton's lawyer.  He asserted Attorney Client privilege because the instructions were given by a lawyer, but he was NOT THE LAWYERS CLIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Further, Members of Clinton's staff at the SOS office were allowed to sit in as her Pro Bono Counsel during her testimony to Peter Strzok.  (They indicted Manafort for making a phone call to a potential witness) Conversely, Michael Cohen's office was raided looking for dirt on his former client based on allegations of Campaign finance that have already been debunked on their face by former directors of the Federal Elections commission because as Cohen Testified, Trumps been paying off Mistresses for decades!  The Logan act was never meant to apply to the NSA designee and his conversations with his soon to be counterparts.  The Espionage act's specific text plainly lays out a standard of Gross negligence, and the leadership of the FBI and the DOJ went to great lengths to write into the statute that there had to be specific intent.  

What is plainly a crime for the left isn't really a crime and what is plainly legal for the Right just feels wrong so we have to make it a crime.  That's a symptom of systemic bias against conservatism, not someone's political naivete.

You're funny.  So much special pleading. So many words.  Such an air of wanting to be taken seriously despite how fallacious your arguments are.  Then again, you may not realize these fallacies, which is more sad than funny, if true.

So fallacious that you can't come up with a response aside from snide name calling?  Got it!

(03-07-2019, 01:25 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 09:51 AM)mikesez Wrote: You're funny.  So much special pleading. So many words.  Such an air of wanting to be taken seriously despite how fallacious your arguments are.  Then again, you may not realize these fallacies, which is more sad than funny, if true.

So fallacious that you can't come up with a response aside from snide name calling?  Got it!

I have better things to do with my time, sorry. I hope you do as well.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-07-2019, 01:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 01:25 PM)jj82284 Wrote: So fallacious that you can't come up with a response aside from snide name calling?  Got it!

I have better things to do with my time, sorry. I hope you do as well.

Yeh...  Right.  Gosh darn sock drawers.

(03-07-2019, 01:25 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 09:51 AM)mikesez Wrote: You're funny.  So much special pleading. So many words.  Such an air of wanting to be taken seriously despite how fallacious your arguments are.  Then again, you may not realize these fallacies, which is more sad than funny, if true.

This, from a big supporter of the Snide Name Caller in Chief.

Beats hashtag spamming.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Did you read the post u linked? I'll wait.

Something that came up in the Joe Rogan interview with Jack Doyle of Twitter....is that traditional conservative values are grounds for lifetime banishment from these platforms. They mentioned the concept of "mis-gendering" and that a conservative evangilist's view of mis-gendering is when Bruce Jenner calls himself Kaitlyn. That world view will get you perma-banned on social media.

I'm just here for the apologies and reconciliation now that the Mueller report is out and... no collusion.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."