Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happened to the Trump/Russia talk?

If Hillary's staff received the same email about Trump, would they have sent people to talk to the lawyer? Yes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-12-2017, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 07:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yep, it's real. Because no one can resist good logical contortionism and multiple leaps to conclusion. 

Good gawd, you people should hear yourselves.

What have I said that is not true?  

1996?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-12-2017, 08:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What have I said that is not true?  

1996?

Thanks.   I have now edited it.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2017, 09:43 AM by americus 2.0.)

(07-11-2017, 05:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I think they ended the meeting early because he thought he was meeting a hot Russian attorney based on her pic but she turned out to be a little fat chick.  Gotta admit, I was slightly disappointed as well.

You might be onto something. Sounds reasonable.   Big Grin

(07-12-2017, 07:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yep, it's real. Because no one can resist good logical contortionism and multiple leaps to conclusion. 

What have I said that is not true?   This isn't being filtered through the mainstream media.   It's in the emails that Trump Jr released himself, and it's in his followup statements.  

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump,"

And Trump Jr replied:
"If it's what you say I love it,"

And then he talked about releasing the damaging information later in the summer, and then he and Kushner and Manafort attended the meeting with what they thought was a Russian operative. 

There's no disputing those facts, because they come from Trump Jr himself.

So was she a Russian operative or a Russian lawyer? Does anyone even know anymore? I'm not being sarcastic either.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2017, 10:01 AM by The Real Marty.)

(07-12-2017, 09:39 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 05:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I think they ended the meeting early because he thought he was meeting a hot Russian attorney based on her pic but she turned out to be a little fat chick.  Gotta admit, I was slightly disappointed as well.

You might be onto something. Sounds reasonable.   Big Grin

(07-12-2017, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What have I said that is not true?   This isn't being filtered through the mainstream media.   It's in the emails that Trump Jr released himself, and it's in his followup statements.  

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump,"

And Trump Jr replied:

And then he talked about releasing the damaging information later in the summer, and then he and Kushner and Manafort attended the meeting with what they thought was a Russian operative. 

So was she a Russian operative or a Russian lawyer? Does anyone even know anymore? I'm not being sarcastic either.

She is definitely a Russian lawyer.   Whether she has ever actually been connected to Putin, I don't know.   The claim in the email that Don Jr received was that she was highly connected, and she had information from the Russian government.  

But whether she was actually connected or not isn't the point.   The point is, Trump Jr was told in the email that this was part of the Russian government's support for his father's election, and then Trump Jr, responded positively, and then he, Manafort, and Kushner met with her.  Those are undisputed facts.  

Draw your own conclusions. 

I don't know who the National Post is, but I purposely avoided any "mainstream media" because apparently there are a lot of people who won't trust anything they say.

Who is this Russian Lawyer?

If you believe the article in the link, she is not a wacko.

What have I said that is not true?   This isn't being filtered through the mainstream media.   It's in the emails that Trump Jr released himself, and it's in his followup statements.  

And Trump Jr replied:

You are putting 1 and 1 together, and then adding a 7 that's not there to get 9.

The claim that the Russian government supported Trump wasn't from Russia, it was from a British tabloid journalist, who was proved to be lying to Junior.

The Russians may have tried to influence the election according to US intelligence agencies (who have been wrong in the past, so what they say is not fact ), but the intelligence agencies haven't actually said Russian action was in favor of Trump. That's just spin the leftist media is putting on it. If anything, Russia would have preferred Hillary as POTUS, and any interference or attempted interference in the election would have been to create internal US disarray afterwards, not to try and elect a guy who everyone 'knew' had no chance of winning. The leftist media you subscribe to is doing Putin's work for him.

Junior thought he was getting dirt on Hillary. When you are running for office and someone who appears credible offers to provide you with dirt on your opponent, you ALWAYS listen. Should Junior have been more skeptical? Sure. This just proves he's a gullible fool, but relatives of POTUS have frequently been that.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-12-2017, 10:06 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What have I said that is not true?   This isn't being filtered through the mainstream media.   It's in the emails that Trump Jr released himself, and it's in his followup statements.  

And Trump Jr replied:

You are putting 1 and 1 together, and then adding a 7 that's not there to get 9.

The claim that the Russian government supported Trump wasn't from Russia, it was from a British tabloid journalist, who was proved to be lying to Junior.

The Russians may have tried to influence the election according to US intelligence agencies (who have been wrong in the past, so what they say is not fact ), but the intelligence agencies haven't actually said Russian action was in favor of Trump. That's just spin the leftist media is putting on it. If anything, Russia would have preferred Hillary as POTUS, and any interference or attempted interference in the election would have been to create internal US disarray afterwards, not to try and elect a guy who everyone 'knew' had no chance of winning. The leftist media you subscribe to is doing Putin's work for him.

Junior thought he was getting dirt on Hillary. When you are running for office and someone who appears credible offers to provide you with dirt on your opponent, you ALWAYS listen. Should Junior have been more skeptical? Sure. This just proves he's a gullible fool, but relatives of POTUS have frequently been that.

Jesus.  Can we at least stipulate to the following facts?  

Trump Jr got an email that said in part:  

And Trump Jr replied:

And then he forwarded the email to Kushner and Manafort and the three of them later attended the meeting in Trump Tower with a Russian woman lawyer who they had been told had information on Hillary Clinton.   

This isn't something I'm making up.   This is Trump Jr's account of what happened.   Where's the 7 that you say I am adding?

(07-12-2017, 10:06 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

And Trump Jr replied:

Do you you really believe the bolded text?

You, my friend, are doing Putin's work for him.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-12-2017, 09:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 09:39 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You might be onto something. Sounds reasonable.   Big Grin

She is definitely a Russian lawyer.   Whether she has ever actually been connected to Putin, I don't know.   The claim in the email that Don Jr received was that she was highly connected, and she had information from the Russian government.  

But whether she was actually connected or not isn't the point.   The point is, Trump Jr was told in the email that this was part of the Russian government's support for his father's election, and then Trump Jr, responded positively, and then he, Manafort, and Kushner met with her.  Those are undisputed facts.  

Draw your own conclusions. 

I don't know who the National Post is, but I purposely avoided any "mainstream media" because apparently there are a lot of people who won't trust anything they say.

Who is this Russian Lawyer?

If you believe the article in the link, she is not a wacko.
So, what rules or laws have been broken? Because everything I have seen shows none have. It looks like a whole lot of he said/she said/they said and nothing concrete about this damning evidence has seen the light of day. 

Also, can you honestly say Clinton's people wouldn't have done the same things had the tables been turned? Would the left be foaming at the mouth? I have more comments but have somewhere to be.

(07-12-2017, 08:36 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: If Hillary's staff received the same email about Trump, would they have sent people to talk to the lawyer?  Yes.

#1 -- That's hypothetical so instead of answering, you probably should have just left it as a rhetorical question.

#2 - Hlilary Clinton is very far from setting any type of ethical bar that people should strive to emulate.  

This pretty much summarizes what we had the 2 worst Presidential candidates (from an ethical standpoint) in the history of the US.

(07-12-2017, 11:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 10:06 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: You are putting 1 and 1 together, and then adding a 7 that's not there to get 9.

And Trump Jr replied:

And then he forwarded the email to Kushner and Manafort and the three of them later  attended the meeting in Trump Tower with a Russian woman lawyer who they had been told had information on Hillary Clinton.   

This isn't something I'm making up.   This is Trump Jr's account of what happened.   Where's the 7 that you say I am adding?

Who did Trump Jr get the email message from?

Where was the Russian government ever involved?

Look closely how CNN "reports" this.
Quote:The younger Trump is a key player in the controversy over Russia's meddling in the 2016 election. According to emails released by Trump Jr., he met on June 9, 2016 with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a lawyer who was described to him as an emissary of the Russian government with information that was part of the country's effort to help elect his father.

Regarding the first part in bold, this really has nothing to do with "collusion", the hacking of the DNC or any Russian government "meddling" in the election.

Answer my first question above regarding the second part in bold.  Since a publicist (former tabloid "journalist") says in an email that the person is an "emissary of the Russian government" does it make it true?

Look at the New York Times headline story today where they clearly published false facts.  Here is the second paragraph from the article.

Quote:As Air Force One jetted back from Europe on Saturday, a small cadre of Mr. Trump’s advisers huddled in a cabin helping to craft a statement for the president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., to give to The New York Times explaining why he met last summer with a lawyer connected to the Russian government. Participants on the plane and back in the United States debated how transparent to be in the statement, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Note how they attribute this to "people familiar with the discussions".

Fake News

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2017, 05:13 PM by MalabarJag.)

(07-12-2017, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 10:06 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: You are putting 1 and 1 together, and then adding a 7 that's not there to get 9.

Yes, I really believe the bolded text. anyone using logic would.

There have been a lot of dealings between the Russian government and the Clintons. Hillary gave Russia a sweetheart deal with the uranium ore while the Russians paid Bill a hugely inflated 'speaking' fee. Russia may or may not have solid evidence of quid pro quo, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that Hillary could have been blackmailed.

Putin lost big when the US pulled out of the Paris accords. Trump is facilitating an expansion of US natural gas production which devalues Russian natural gas, and has promised Poland and other Eastern European counties that the US will sell them liquefied natural gas, removing a major weapon in Russia's dealing there. Trump is also installing missile defense in Poland against Putin's wishes. Hillary would have done neither.

Do you really believe Putin would prefer to have Trump in charge instead of Hillary continuing the Obama era cowtowing to foreign governments?

And I'm not the one spreading false rumors and spinning false narratives in an effort to deligitimize the election. That would be the New York Times.

(07-12-2017, 11:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

And Trump Jr replied:

And then he forwarded the email to Kushner and Manafort and the three of them later  attended the meeting in Trump Tower with a Russian woman lawyer who they had been told had information on Hillary Clinton.   

The "seven" is the claim of involvement by Russian government itself. It was not involved in this meeting, and there's no evidence that the Russian government "supported" Trump's election. That was only a claim by a tabloid journalist.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

CNN is breathlessly "reporting news" citing more "un-named sources".

The latest headline on their website reads as follows.

'Paralyzed' by chaos at home, Trump sets off for Paris

Meanwhile, here is an excerpt of what the article says.
Quote:"The White House is paralyzed," a top Republican close to the West Wing told CNN ahead of Trump's departure to Paris, a withering assessment of an administration whose goals of passing a health care bill, overhauling the tax code and defeating ISIS have been complicated once again.

"Another week lost," is how one official described the legislative timeline for Trump and Republicans, an acknowledgment that the latest swirl of Russia developments complicate an already imperiled agenda.

Here is more from the article.
Quote:The President approached the news about Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting through the same lens he approaches everything with the word Russia in it, according to another person who has spoken with him: as an effort by his enemies and the media to discredit him and his presidency.

Privately, Trump has expressed dismay that Trump Jr. agreed to meet with the Russian lawyer, according to a Republican source, who said the President believes it wasn't a smart move -- but also that his son did not run afoul of the law.

Trump, the Republican source said, is annoyed that the narrative surrounding the meeting has become a distraction from what he and his advisers saw as a successful overseas trip last week to Poland and Germany.

I wonder why these "persons" or "Republican sources" aren't actually named?

FAKE NEWS

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-12-2017, 05:02 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Do you you really believe the bolded text?

Yes, I really believe the bolded text. anyone using logic would.

There have been a lot of dealings between the Russian government and the Clintons. Hillary gave Russia a sweetheart deal with the uranium ore while the Russians paid Bill a hugely inflated 'speaking' fee. Russia may or may not have solid evidence of quid pro quo, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that Hillary could have been blackmailed.

Putin lost big when the US pulled out of the Paris accords. Trump is facilitating an expansion of US natural gas production which devalues Russian natural gas, and has promised Poland and other Eastern European counties that the US will sell them liquefied natural gas, removing a major weapon in Russia's dealing there. Trump is also installing missile defense in Poland against Putin's wishes. Hillary would have done neither.

Do you really believe Putin would prefer to have Trump in charge instead of Hillary continuing the Obama era cowtowing to foreign governments?

And I'm not the one spreading false rumors and spinning false narratives in an effort to deligitimize the election. That would be the New York Times.

(07-12-2017, 11:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Jesus.  Can we at least stipulate to the following facts?  

And Trump Jr replied:

The "seven" is the claim of involvement by Russian government itself. It was not involved in this meeting, and there's no evidence that the Russian government "supported" Trump's election. That was only a claim by a tabloid journalist.

No, actually, the CIA, the NSA, and the FBI have all said the Russians interfered in our election, by hacking the DNC emails and sending them to Wikileaks.  

It's well-known that Putin supported Trump and for good reason, since Trump talked about things like NATO being obsolete, and pushed for the Republican platform to drop language supporting arming Ukraine in its resistance to Russia.   Trump constantly defended Russia and Putin in interviews, too.   They had a mutual admiration thing going.

(07-12-2017, 05:58 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 05:02 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Yes, I really believe the bolded text. anyone using logic would.

No, actually, the CIA, the NSA, and the FBI have all said the Russians interfered in our election, by hacking the DNC emails and sending them to Wikileaks.  

It's well-known that Putin supported Trump and for good reason, since Trump talked about things like NATO being obsolete, and pushed for the Republican platform to drop language supporting arming Ukraine in its resistance to Russia.   Trump constantly defended Russia and Putin in interviews, too.   They had a mutual admiration thing going.

Julian Assange says the Russians didn't give him the DNC dirt. 

Is mutual admiration dog whistle for collusion?

(07-12-2017, 05:58 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 05:02 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Yes, I really believe the bolded text. anyone using logic would.

That's not evidence Russia supported Trump's election. It was common knowledge that Trump had no chance of winning. They (or whoever if intelligence is wrong again) also tried to hack the RNC computers. Logically, if Russia did it their goal was to spread dissent.

And since the DNC never turned their computer over to ANY of those agencies, how could they make a definitive statement as to who hacked the DNC server. Assange says it wasn't Russia, and he should know. What was said by the intel agencies was that Russia tried to interfere in the election, and that falls on an attempt to hack the voting machines.

Trump is right about NATO, it is a drain on the US economy to the benefit of the EU, who (with a few exceptions) fail to live up to their paltry end of the treaty. I'm not sure how that benefits Putin; Russia couldn't successfully invade any NATO countries even if the US withdrew, and the US would come to their aid if it happened, even if NATO were dissolved.

And you never did tell me where I can find the US government list of which countries are "hostile."

Love this Topic -- "What happened to the Trump/Russia talk"

[Image: wiypd.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2017, 10:52 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-13-2017, 09:13 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Love this Topic -- "What happened to the Trump/Russia talk"

[Image: wiypd.jpg]

Should we modify the title and add "Jr."?

Also, have you come up with any actual laws that have been broken yet, or better yet, any real evidence? I will wait patiently for a response.

(07-12-2017, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

Of course they believe it. Dur Fuhrer just said it. So now it's the rabble's talking point.

(07-13-2017, 12:37 PM)boudreaumw Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Do you you really believe the bolded text?

Of course they believe it. Dur Fuhrer just said it. So now it's the rabble's talking point.

Like your own?

Ie RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIARUSSIA RUSSIA!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Lol. And you wonder why people think the leftmsmdemocrats are unhinged loonies.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato