Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Curse of John Oehser

We haven't been good since 07.

It ain't on Oehser.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2016, 11:00 AM by Jagwired.)

I'm telling you people, It's that damn Marino. After he got KTFO and retired he proceeded to go into Little Haiti once he returned to Miami. He then promised a fortune to a particularly nasty Haitian Voodoo princess witch to cast a curse upon our team. My research has revealed that until the witch returns as a zombie or Marino lifts the curse by his own free will we are doomed.

[Image: 6812d1168808236-voodoo-shops-little-hait...doo-02.jpg]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

In 2010 the Jags were 8-8. Not bad. They fell off in 2011 and have been terrible ever since. The only real changes between 2010 and 2011 was that David Garrard left, and that Vic left and Oesher was hired.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Quote:The sooner it is identified and the sooner people believe, the quicker the healing can begin.

Let's pray.

Just imagine having a job over the past 4 years where your life revolved around the Jags 24/7.

Osher is our billygoat

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I think you're onto something here...

Quote:In 2010 the Jags were 8-8. Not bad. They fell off in 2011 and have been terrible ever since. The only real changes between 2010 and 2011 was that David Garrard left, and that Vic left and Oesher was hired.

8-8 is not good.

the year before was 7-9 and the year after was 5-11

hardly sustained success.

And 2008 they were 5-11

We've been awful with a peak at mediocrity in 9 years.

It all started with Shack's last awful draft, the eventual replacing with in house Jeans Miff, an ownership change and an injection of a whole lot of people who were knew to this running a football team thing.

A downward spiral that started long before Oehser was off the Indy beat.

Quote:I also believe in this, I think myself and StroudCrowd have been talking about it for a couple years now. Honestly the guy has got to go, his content sucks and the Jags fell off a cliff when he was hired.

I used to read everything Vic wrote, especially his "Ask Vic". I won't read anything Oehser writes. It's boring, repetitive, and simply doesn't provide anything we don't already know. I feel like a team writer should give some sort of insight that others don't provide.

Even excluding the team's record, he needs to go based strictly on his content. Dude sucks

Bump...

It's the helmets.

Fact.

Quote:It's the helmets.

Fact.

The first INT BB threw that went off AR15 hands was the epitome of the curse of Oehser.

Quote:The first INT BB threw that went off AR15 hands was the epitome of the curse of Oehser.

You mean the Stone-hands play? I think that's up for debate.

Those helmets make the football gods angry. That's just a fact.

Quote:You mean the Stone-hands play? I think that's up for debate.

Those helmets make the football gods angry. That's just a fact.

Have you ever noticed that more "I can't believe that just happened" plays happen to the Jaguars than any other franchise combined? It is simply amazing. Anybody who doesn't think this franchise is cursed is kidding themselves.

Don't get me wrong. The helmets are hideous, but I think we stunk long before the re-design. It is a problem, but part of the bigger problem that falls under the umbrella of the Curse of Oehser.

Quote:Have you ever noticed that more "I can't believe that just happened" plays happen to the Jaguars than any other franchise combined? It is simply amazing. Anybody who doesn't think this franchise is cursed is kidding themselves.

Don't get me wrong. The helmets are hideous, but I think we stunk long before the re-design. It is a problem, but part of the bigger problem that falls under the umbrella of the Curse of Oehser.

The thing about the O-zone curse that you have going for you is that he was hired on prior to the helmets.

Perhaps the helmets are compounding the curse? Giving the curse a turbo charge, if you will?

Quote:Just imagine having a job over the past 4 years where your life revolved around the Jags 24/7.

Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash

Maybe we're his curse!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Here is you're culprit and the only one who can lift the curse.

[Image: dan-marino.jpg]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 09:52 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

I think hiring Coughlin would actually lift the curse too, but JO would have to go in the process.

At 21-71 under Oehser's tutelage, the Jaguars would have to have over 3 perfect 16-0 seasons to get back to .500.

If he doesn't want to go of his own free will, I hate to say it but it might be pitchfork and torch time
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:If he doesn't want to go of his own free will, I hate to say it but it might be pitchfork and torch time

I think he is starting to get the message actually. It wouldn't shock me if he resigned this off-season. Who wants to go to a job they absolutely hate every day?