Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Curse of John Oehser

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 02:54 PM by tyus.)

Curse or no curse, the dude isn't as informative of a sportswriter as Vic is. John just rehashes a lot of stuff and doesn't know how to tell a story like Vic.

I used to love reading the q&a when Vic was the sportswriter. I've probably read one o-zone in the last 2 years

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No O-Zone today. Did he quit?!?!?!?

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 02:58 PM by Mowerguy.)

Being that with the team so bad and his articles are so....ummm...just dumb and sad.

maybe he has.

Nope he made some postings today

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Fortunately, I didn't get to watch the game. We're there any Oehser Curse "moments"?

Quote:Fortunately, I didn't get to watch the game. We're there any Oehser Curse "moments"?

I took a nap and woke up in the fourth quarter. Apparently we were winning at some point in the game and then let the Vikings score 2 td's in the 4th to seal our fate...

I've been thinking, what if we fired the O-man and have J-Dub take over as senior writer?

We kill 2 birds with that. The oesher curse will be lifted, and JW will be too busy writing at jaguar.com to be able to post in The Jungle.

Its win/win/win...

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016, 12:59 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Quote:With all the actual things to complain about.... this?  

wow

give it up

Hey we're leaving no stone un-turned in remedying this epidemic stank pot that has taken hold of this franchise. When it is this pathetic everybody is subject to scrutiny. Anyone have a list of cheerleaders with a potential contradictory agenda?

No pain, no gain.

Just for you Stroud. Because it's Krimma time. :woot:

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...2325dcf17b

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Just for you Stroud. Because it's Krimma time. :woot:

Man, I thought he was going to identify himself as the curse. Thanks for the tease.

He reminds me of Farva.

Quote:Just for you Stroud. Because it's Krimma time. :woot:

That video was an abomonation.  Now I understand the true power of the Oesher curse

Quote:The sooner it is identified and the sooner people believe, the quicker the healing can begin.

Let's pray.

Im actually starting to believe in this. This dude looks like he NEVER....EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER...played football before.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

If I can get even ONE more person to believe in the Oehser curse, I am doing my job spreading awareness.

This might be reason

His schtick is getting old.  Let O go also.

two tone helmets was the beginning of the end.

"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Quote:If I can get even ONE more person to believe in the Oehser curse, I am doing my job spreading awareness.

Things just haven't been the same since he showed up...that's for sure.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:His schtick is getting old.  Let O go also.
100% agree.

I know his job must suck since the Jags suck and everyone just bashes them in every e-mail but he never really answers any questions. Just sarcastically says "Ok"

I don't think it's Oehser. 

This team hasn't had a winning season since the board lost Fargin.  We may need a good exorcist to address the issue.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

This clown needs to go.  His writing is wash, rinse, repeat and his snide sarcasm is atrocious.  His defense of Bradley makes me throw up a little in my mouth about as much as when I read a spacecadet post on here.

Quote:two tone helmets was the beginning of the end.
It wasn't the sparkling teal glitter ones that made us soft to begin with? 

Luck, curses, destiny, fate...

these things don't exist in the real world.

Can we put it more simply? Not enough people have been doing a good enough job to put a winning product on the field on Sundays (and the occasional thursday)

It isn't luck... or some curse.

It's failure to do a job.

Now... you can hate John O. You can dislike his Ozone or his video pieces or whatever...

Just don't blame the failures of grown men in football operations and performance on the [BLEEP] writing of some Jaguars media man.