Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nintendo Switch

so Nintendo has new system comeing out in 2017 called the Switch. its a combo system with cardtiages. what are your thoughts on that?  does that mean they are also going away from HD graphics? how can a cardtige have hD. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The cartridges are basically glorified SD cards. They're likely to hold around 32gb of space which is enough for most current HD games.

There is also mention of being able to run two cartridges at the same time, kind of like the 3 or 4 disc games back in the days of PS1
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 02:00 AM by nhiverson.)

I believe its rumored to include a splatoon pack in game for the more expensive version $250 and $300 also rumored to have a mario game at launch. I think it looks cool.

No Fun

The Switch will have HD graphics. The fact something is on a disc, cartridge, or digitally downloaded has nothing to do with whether or not a game has HD graphics. It's all about the power of the system and the Switch will have enough power for that. 

I'm very skeptical of how it works in practice.

I might cop it

Quote:I might cop it

Is "copping" something still a thing?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I'm definitely interested in the Switch, but I'll make my mind up after seeing what the January 12th event has in store. I skipped the Wii U, so all the rumors of ported Wii U games in the Switch's launch window sounds nice. Also if they have a true 3D Mario game at launch, I'll likely pre-order it.

so if anyone gets the Switch when it comes out in March please post here how it is,and if its worth it. I might get it later this year. 

also post a picture of yourself at home with the new Switch while in box. 

Quote:so if anyone gets the Switch when it comes out in March please post here how it is,and if its worth it. I might get it later this year. 

also post a picture of yourself at home with the new Switch while in box. 

Pre-ordered the Switch along with Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I'll let you know.

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

I per-ordered but was hoping for $250 price point.

No Fun

I only want it to experience zelda and maybe mario kart. Lot of money to do just that
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I'm going to hold off on it, at least for a while. The price point is right at the outer edge of what I'm willing to pay, but the fact there is paid online coming in the future (for what would be my secondary console) as well as the absurd need of my smartphone for online play pushed me to wait-and-see mode. Perhaps around Christmas, I'll see if the console has legs and get one.

Steering away from it personally until towards Black Friday and Christmas time of this year. Not cool with the $300 price tag considering it's got the guts on par with an Xbox 360 and PS3. That's been my knock on them since the Wii was released.

Nintendo just refuses to up it's graphical capabilities and hardware and it also has a habit of not drawing in third party companies to keep it's library more open and diverse. 

But to ask for a $300 shell out on launch with maybe ten games to choose from with no demos or freebies is disappointing. Hate to say it but the last great launch for me personally was the N64. Where it seemed like it was clearly more powerful than my PS1 at the time.

I know the Wii sold more than any other home console they've ever produced but the Wii U was terrible. And after Playstation and Xbox started copying the Wii remote and sensor type gaming stuff they've pretty much chopped down some of Nintendo's signature gear. With better games and graphics.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Pre-ordered the Switch along with Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I'll let you know.

Quote:Pre-ordered the Switch along with Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I'll let you know.

Thank you very much. my plan is to hopefully get one later this year closer to Christmas. My plan is to play zelda and mario on it. ill stick to ps4 for sports games like madden and wwe2k

Me too

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I was burned badly by No Mans Sky..going to wait a few months until I hear reviews or actually get to play it first.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017, 09:50 AM by snowwolf776.)

I do know this for sure. there i a better chance of me getting the Switch then the jags winning the Super Bowl this year.  after all its falcons vs pats.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

PS  each season super bowl isn't until the follewing year in feb. 

Quote:Steering away from it personally until towards Black Friday and Christmas time of this year. Not cool with the $300 price tag considering it's got the guts on par with an Xbox 360 and PS3. That's been my knock on them since the Wii was released.

Nintendo just refuses to up it's graphical capabilities and hardware and it also has a habit of not drawing in third party companies to keep it's library more open and diverse. 

But to ask for a $300 shell out on launch with maybe ten games to choose from with no demos or freebies is disappointing. Hate to say it but the last great launch for me personally was the N64. Where it seemed like it was clearly more powerful than my PS1 at the time.

I know the Wii sold more than any other home console they've ever produced but the Wii U was terrible. And after Playstation and Xbox started copying the Wii remote and sensor type gaming stuff they've pretty much chopped down some of Nintendo's signature gear. With better games and graphics.

sums up my feelings almost exactly, its like they are afraid to make more adult style games.  I wish they would go the sega route and make games vs systems at this point.   Atleast the dreamcast was pushing the envelope on graphics.  

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/nintendo-...-27039462/

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:sums up my feelings almost exactly, its like they are afraid to make more adult style games. I wish they would go the sega route and make games vs systems at this point. Atleast the dreamcast was pushing the envelope on graphics.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.gamespot.com/forums/nintendo-fan-club-1000001/nintendo-seal-of-quality-should-they-still-have-th-27039462/'>http://www.gamespot.com/forums/nintendo-fan-club-1000001/nintendo-seal-of-quality-should-they-still-have-th-27039462/</a>

Tend to agree. People like Nintendo for 3 things pretty much: Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. Strike a deal to market them as PS or Xbox exclusives and up the production value. I'd kill for a darker, more graphically competent Zelda game. Think "Ocarina of Time" meets "Witcher 3"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS