Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game of Thrones Season 7

(07-19-2017, 09:22 PM)empty Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 09:57 AM)rollerjag Wrote: I believe so, he saw it all in a vision, though it isn't clear if he heard what was whispered.

Bran's pretty sharp, I'd say he could put 2 and 2 together even without hearing what was whispered.  It seemed pretty clear that Ned took the baby (there's a good chance he stayed and saw Ned leave, which we didn't get in the show), and Bran knows it's Lyanna's.  He knows the story about Rhaegar giving his favor to Lyanna and the reported events that followed.  I suppose without hearing what was whispered we can't know for sure it was Rhaegar, though there aren't a whole lot of other (logical) suspects.

I also really dig the guy playing Euron.  He's not on the side I want to see win, but I hope he sticks around for a while.

Dang it! I forgot about Jon not being Ned's son. I so need to rewatch last season. 

Also, interesting about the Jorah/grey scale/dragon glass stuff. I was going to pause to see if I could read what he was seeing but I just wanted to enjoy the episode.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did not see that coming at all! Just when you think everything is falling into place they remind you this is The Game of Thrones!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-24-2017, 06:49 AM)copycat Wrote: Did not see that coming at all!  Just when you think everything is falling into place they remind you this is The Game of Thrones!

Some crazy stuff right there. I think this is going to set it up where Dany can't be as picky as she think she can. She absolutely needs Jon Snow now. Of course, he needs her and her dragons and all that dragon glass. 

And did anyone else snicker when she said he will kneel to her? I dang sure did.

Wow! Only two post concerning this past weeks episode. Curious, curious indeed!

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-26-2017, 09:06 PM)copycat Wrote: Wow! Only two post concerning this past weeks episode. Curious, curious indeed!

While reading the books, the Sand Snakes were one of the more interesting secondary characters to me. I'm anxious to see how their characters progress when(if?) the next book comes out. As for the TV series, I'm glad their plot lines are being taken out. The Dorne story has always rubbed me the wrong way with Ellaria being so murder hungry, in stark contrast to her book character. It's fitting that the SS follow in the GoT footsteps and are taken out when battling 2 on 1, despite having the reputation as incredibly skilled fighters. Barristan and Areo Hotah would be proud.

But that's just the whiny book reader in me, everything else is progressing in a cool and fun way. This episode wasn't exactly as thrilling as most others (aside for the final battle scene), but the Jon/Dany meetup, Sam potentially saving Jorah and Cersei's continued manipulations are all good for moving the story forward.

Loved the twist about Jon Snow being a Targaryen.
Dany is his aunt. Her eldest brother is who ran off with Ned's sister and she didn't want the Targaryen mad king to kill a baby that could have claim to the throne.

This season is about to blow up, since they are doing fewer episodes.. I believe we'll be seeing a lot of warring from here out after a slow-ish start.

Crazy ending to that episode. I am a little late in watching since i was on the road for the last 5 days but that was interesting to come home to. GoT being GoT. They build up how much you like and relate to a character then basically destroy them.

"Arya: Nymeria! I'm headed north, I'm going home. Come with me.
Nymeria: *pulls off face* A wolf has no name."

Golden.

I saw this online and had to share.

(07-27-2017, 07:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: "Arya: Nymeria! I'm headed north, I'm going home. Come with me.

Golden.

On the topic of Arya and Nymeria did you catch what she whispered when the wolves were leaving? "I see you"

In the books all of the Starks psychic connection to their direwolves that the show has not delved into. This got me to thinking, whom did she see? The wolf or coukd it have been Bran in there?

I thought the sand snakes would have been better fighters than that. I guess Euron (sp) took some super soldier serum before the fight?
Huh

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2017, 10:39 AM by jagshype. Edit Reason: there their they're )

They were fighting on Euron's "turf". Sand snakes were just out of their element.

The bigger question is, how did Euron find them?
Before the season I was expecting an epic naval battle much like the battles done on the show Black Sails, but there were just so many inconsistencies with this as far as naval warfare goes and the scene just seemed hurried.

Luckily my suspension of disbelief is massive and the inconsistencies didn't detract from what the scene was about.

(07-28-2017, 10:38 AM)jagshype Wrote: They were fighting on Euron's "turf". Sand snakes were just out of their element.

Before the season I was expecting an epic naval battle much like the battles done on the show Black Sails, but there were just so many inconsistencies with this as far as naval warfare goes and the scene just seemed hurried.

Luckily my suspension of disbelief is massive and the inconsistencies didn't detract from what the scene was about.

Agreed.  I'm going with foggy/bad weather helped them stealth up.  You'd think they'd have scouts out that would be able to signal the flag ship regarding an engagement.
Huh

(07-28-2017, 07:40 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 07:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: "Arya: Nymeria! I'm headed north, I'm going home. Come with me.

Golden.

On the topic of Arya and Nymeria did you catch what she whispered when the wolves were leaving?  "I see you"

In the books all of the Starks psychic connection to their direwolves that the show has not delved into.  This got me to thinking, whom did she see?  The wolf or coukd it have been Bran in there?

What she said was "that's not you"

(07-28-2017, 10:38 AM)jagshype Wrote: They were fighting on Euron's "turf". Sand snakes were just out of their element.

They haven't touched upon it in the show (yet), but book Enron has some supernatural sea powers, one being the ability to create (and hide in) storms at will.

(07-28-2017, 12:56 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 07:40 AM)copycat Wrote: On the topic of Arya and Nymeria did you catch what she whispered when the wolves were leaving?  "I see you"

In the books all of the Starks psychic connection to their direwolves that the show has not delved into.  This got me to thinking, whom did she see?  The wolf or coukd it have been Bran in there?

What she said was "that's not you"

They haven't touched upon it in the show (yet), but book Enron has some supernatural sea powers, one being the ability to create (and hide in) storms at will.

Darn! Now I have to go watch it again.

(07-28-2017, 12:56 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Ahh that explains that bit. A little bit of searching shows he has a compelling history in the books. Hopefully the show touches on it.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2017, 02:39 PM by empty.)

(07-28-2017, 01:09 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 12:56 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: What she said was "that's not you"

Darn! Now I have to go watch it again.

Yeah, if you watch the behind the episode thing they have after the show is done, they go into detail on it. Essentially, it's a call back to when Ned was describing the stereotypical woman's role (married, sit in a castle, have kids, etc.) that he had planned for Arya, and she said, "That's not me." Nymeria, like the rest of the direwolves and their owners, is much like Arya and is at home in the wild roaming around instead of holed up in a castle.

(07-28-2017, 02:38 PM)empty Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 01:09 PM)copycat Wrote: Darn!  Now I have to go watch it again.

Yeah, if you watch the behind the episode thing they have after the show is done, they go into detail on it.  Essentially, it's a call back to when Ned was describing the stereotypical woman's role (married, sit in a castle, have kids, etc.) that he had planned for Arya, and she said, "That's not me."  Nymeria, like the rest of the direwolves and their owners, is much like Arya and is at home in the wild roaming around instead of holed up in a castle.
That makes perfect sense! I had forgotten that.  I wish the show had delved more into the connection between the Stark children and their direwolves.  

Thanks

(07-26-2017, 10:15 PM)empty Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 09:06 PM)copycat Wrote: Wow!  Only two post concerning this past weeks episode.  Curious, curious indeed!

While reading the books, the Sand Snakes were one of the more interesting secondary characters to me.  I'm anxious to see how their characters progress when(if?) the next book comes out.  As for the TV series, I'm glad their plot lines are being taken out.  The Dorne story has always rubbed me the wrong way with Ellaria being so murder hungry, in stark contrast to her book character.  It's fitting that the SS follow in the GoT footsteps and are taken out when battling 2 on 1, despite having the reputation as incredibly skilled fighters.  Barristan and Areo Hotah would be proud.

But that's just the whiny book reader in me, everything else is progressing in a cool and fun way.  This episode wasn't exactly as thrilling as most others (aside for the final battle scene), but the Jon/Dany meetup, Sam potentially saving Jorah and Cersei's continued manipulations are all good for moving the story forward.

I agree with the thoughts about Ellaria's plot line.  In the books, Doran's daughter Arianne seems to be headed for more of that role whereas Ellaria is just a concubine and in any case, is a pacifist who agrees with Doran.  Moreover, I like the idea of Arianne murdering her own father in rebellion to go to war against the Lannisters.  So many kingslayers/kinslayers.  Smile  She doesn't even appear in the show. But also so many characters have been dropped from the show, I guess this is a pretty minor detail.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Poor oul Greyworm, happy he got his women but sad he couldn't get his bit. Tough times

Exclamation 

Marked for spoilers if you haven't seen last night's episode. (7-30-17)

Pretty good episode all around. They're definitely moving at a more rapid pace than in previous seasons. 

I especially enjoyed that part where Jon refused to bow to Dany. I don't really like her but I tolerate her for the sake of the storyline but that's not why I'm glad he didn't kneel. I think it would have been uncharacteristic of him to do so. Who he is and what he's been through just wouldn't fit with that behavior anymore than it would fit with hers to not demand it.

Euron is not a nice person at all but that actor makes him fun. He is almost cartoon-like but not quite.

Cersei is a nasty woman. On all fronts. 

Littlefinger is just creepy. Sansa is smarter than she lets on and I think she always has been, we just didn't see it. 

Just some quick observations.