Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game of Thrones Season 7

So many images from this episode stick with me.

This series does a wonderful job with large scale battle scenes, especially capturing the fog of war.

The looks on Jaime's and Bronn's face just hearing the Dothraki charge.

Tyrion knowing his brother was going to charge Dany and the dragon..."You [BLEEP] idiot!".

Brienne training with Arya. "Who taught you how to do that?", "No one". The girl has a name.

Sansa's unease with all of her surviving siblings.

Dragons. 'Nuff said.

Clearly, Dany took Jon Snow's advice to heart, I wonder who advised they attack Jaime's army. It had to have been hard for Tyrion, who knew it would be bad news for his brother.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-07-2017, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 07:57 AM)JackCity Wrote: The last 15 mins was glorious. Yeah I presume he'll be rescued by the dragon, he'll be back with Tyrion. Bronn's a smart guy too, he'll switch over to the side with dragons.

I can't see Dany just letting them "switch sides". Bronn will be executed in the first minute of next weeks episode and Jaime will be used as leverage when (if) they get to Kings Landing.

Really curious to see how they split the end of this season and the final season. I am guessing something will happen where Dany sees the importance of taking out the white walkers even without Snow bending the knee, and that battle will end the current season leaving a depleted army and probably one dragon left for the final fight next season.

You think they wrap up the White Walkers this season and focus on Cersei next season? I'd be absolutely shocked if if played out that way. "The war has begun".

Also, Jaime presumably being captured could be a mechanism for his eventual turn against Cersei and fulfillment of the prophecy.

(08-07-2017, 02:27 PM)rollerjag Wrote: So many images from this episode stick with me.

This series does a wonderful job with large scale battle scenes, especially capturing the fog of war.

Tyrion knowing his brother was going to charge Dany and the dragon..."You [BLEEP] idiot!".

Brienne training with Arya. "Who taught you how to do that?", "No one". The girl has a name.  

Dragons. 'Nuff said.

Clearly, Dany took Jon Snow's advice to heart, I wonder who advised they attack Jaime's army. It had to have been hard for Tyrion, who knew it would be bad news for his brother.

Great observations. So many little moments through the first 45 minutes that helped to balance out the episode. Personally I liked the Arya/Brienne scene more than the battle.

(08-07-2017, 03:37 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I can't see Dany just letting them "switch sides". Bronn will be executed in the first minute of next weeks episode and Jaime will be used as leverage when (if) they get to Kings Landing.

Really curious to see how they split the end of this season and the final season. I am guessing something will happen where Dany sees the importance of taking out the white walkers even without Snow bending the knee, and that battle will end the current season leaving a depleted army and probably one dragon left for the final fight next season.

You think they wrap up the White Walkers this season and focus on Cersei next season? I'd be absolutely shocked if if played out that way. "The war has begun".

Also, Jaime presumably being captured could be a mechanism for his eventual turn against Cersei and fulfillment of the prophecy.

(08-07-2017, 02:27 PM)rollerjag Wrote: So many images from this episode stick with me.

Dragons. 'Nuff said.

Great observations. So many little moments through the first 45 minutes that helped to balance out the episode. Personally I liked the Arya/Brienne scene more than the battle.
That smirk on Arya's face was priceless.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-08-2017, 12:56 PM)copycat Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 03:37 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: You think they wrap up the White Walkers this season and focus on Cersei next season? I'd be absolutely shocked if if played out that way. "The war has begun".

That smirk on Arya's face was priceless.

Arya also has some dirt on Littlefinger, as does Sansa, and it seems likely Bran does too - but may not care.

Good move Littlefinger, giving an assassin a Valyrian steel dagger. I hope it finds him again.
- Bob Marley

(08-07-2017, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 07:57 AM)JackCity Wrote: The last 15 mins was glorious. Yeah I presume he'll be rescued by the dragon, he'll be back with Tyrion. Bronn's a smart guy too, he'll switch over to the side with dragons.

I can't see Dany just letting them "switch sides". Bronn will be executed in the first minute of next weeks episode and Jaime will be used as leverage when (if) they get to Kings Landing.

Can't see Tyrion let anything happen to Jaime, he'll either set him free at some point or manage to sway Dany on him. Can't see Bronn dying like that, think he'll die a heroes death or just disappear into the sunset.  

I'd say they'll finish Cersei's storyline off first. Then introduce the white walkers again just at the end.  

Trying to think of what the end game looks like though, how will they tie everything up and have a satisfying end? Will the white walkers be gone and everyone will be happy ever after? Will everyone die? Will they come to some kind of strange stalemate?

I have to agree with Mike Kaye on this point though.

Drogon melting Jaime while Tyron looks on would have been an amazing end to his character.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-08-2017, 06:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: Can't see Tyrion let anything happen to Jaime, he'll either set him free at some point or manage to sway Dany on him. Can't see Bronn dying like that, think he'll die a heroes death or just disappear into the sunset.  

I'd say they'll finish Cersei's storyline off first. Then introduce the white walkers again just at the end.  

Trying to think of what the end game looks like though, how will they tie everything up and have a satisfying end? Will the white walkers be gone and everyone will be happy ever after? Will everyone die? Will they come to some kind of strange stalemate?

I think this is a good possibility. "Winter is coming" has been a major theme throughout the series, even if in the background most of the time. The 'Game of Thrones' doesn't count out the Night's King and is something no one has considered simply because they all thought the white walkers and all were just a myth. Jon and his crew know otherwise because they've seen them, and now he has shown Dany they're real with the cave drawings. I don't think the Night's King has aspirations for the Throne per se, he just wants to turn everyone into white walkers (that's the best way I know how describe it under the influence of a muscle relaxer and a pain med.) 

I think the Night's King is a much bigger threat than Cercei and only Jon understands that at this point. To me, the Game is 'won' when the Night's King is conquered and the 'winner' sits on the throne. Whatever is left of it.

I also love the fact that Jon will not 'bend the knee' to Dany. I think she means well and I know she's been through hell, but she is annoying as all get out. They are very similar in how they got to where they are now in that it has been a hard fought battle and they are the respective king and queen to their people because their people chose them. They are very different in how they get things done; she has a God complex (IMHO) and he's pretty humble; she is the daughter of a mad king and he is a bastard (no matter who is parents are he is still a bastard.) So they are very alike and very different at the same time. The fact that they're related makes is even more interesting, even if we're the only ones who know about it. Except for Bran.

People seem annoyed by Daenerys but she's not really behaving any differently than when she was kicking butt in Yunkai and Meereen. She's always wanted to rule and felt her destiny was to reclaim the Iron Throne in her family's name so for her to suddenly become willing to share with someone she considers an usurper would be completely out of character.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-09-2017, 07:15 PM)hb1148 Wrote: People seem annoyed by Daenerys but she's not really behaving any differently than when she was kicking butt in Yunkai and Meereen.  She's always wanted to rule and felt her destiny was to reclaim the Iron Throne in her family's name so for her to suddenly become willing to share with someone she considers an usurper would be completely out of character.

I've never liked her, even when she was kicking [BLEEP] and and taking names. And for her to demand Jon to bend the knee for the reasons he gave (basically he doesn't know her and doesn't trust her) is especially hypocritical when she said something along the same lines about why she didn't want to join him in fighting the white walkers. Hopefully seeing the drawings in the cave that prove his is right will be the serving of humble pie she needs to realize exactly what Jon said. If they don't defeat the Night's King she will sit on the throne and rule the ashes of the dead.  

I mean, I get that it's her birthright to rule but she's quite [BLEEP] about it. At least Cersei in all her insanity and ick factor is interesting to watch. Dany always sounds like she's whining.

(08-09-2017, 09:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 07:15 PM)hb1148 Wrote: People seem annoyed by Daenerys but she's not really behaving any differently than when she was kicking butt in Yunkai and Meereen.  She's always wanted to rule and felt her destiny was to reclaim the Iron Throne in her family's name so for her to suddenly become willing to share with someone she considers an usurper would be completely out of character.

I've never liked her, even when she was kicking [BLEEP] and and taking names. And for her to demand Jon to bend the knee for the reasons he gave (basically he doesn't know her and doesn't trust her) is especially hypocritical when she said something along the same lines about why she didn't want to join him in fighting the white walkers. Hopefully seeing the drawings in the cave that prove his is right will be the serving of humble pie she needs to realize exactly what Jon said. If they don't defeat the Night's King she will sit on the throne and rule the ashes of the dead.  

I mean, I get that it's her birthright to rule but she's quite [BLEEP] about it. At least Cersei in all her insanity and ick factor is interesting to watch. Dany always sounds like she's whining.

Outside of Jon and a few from the North, most other people in the Seven Kingdoms still think of the Others (or White Walkers as they're known in the show) as being a little like Bigfoot.  Even when people tell you they've seen it, the natural tendency is to think "yeah, riiiiiiiight".

(08-09-2017, 12:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 06:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: Can't see Tyrion let anything happen to Jaime, he'll either set him free at some point or manage to sway Dany on him. Can't see Bronn dying like that, think he'll die a heroes death or just disappear into the sunset.  

I think this is a good possibility. "Winter is coming" has been a major theme throughout the series, even if in the background most of the time. The 'Game of Thrones' doesn't count out the Night's King and is something no one has considered simply because they all thought the white walkers and all were just a myth. Jon and his crew know otherwise because they've seen them, and now he has shown Dany they're real with the cave drawings. I don't think the Night's King has aspirations for the Throne per se, he just wants to turn everyone into white walkers (that's the best way I know how describe it under the influence of a muscle relaxer and a pain med.) 

I think the Night's King is a much bigger threat than Cercei and only Jon understands that at this point. To me, the Game is 'won' when the Night's King is conquered and the 'winner' sits on the throne. Whatever is left of it.

I also love the fact that Jon will not 'bend the knee' to Dany. I think she means well and I know she's been through hell, but she is annoying as all get out. They are very similar in how they got to where they are now in that it has been a hard fought battle and they are the respective king and queen to their people because their people chose them. They are very different in how they get things done; she has a God complex (IMHO) and he's pretty humble; she is the daughter of a mad king and he is a [BLEEP] (no matter who is parents are he is still a [BLEEP].) So they are very alike and very different at the same time. The fact that they're related makes is even more interesting, even if we're the only ones who know about it. Except for Bran.
I think the whole point of the white walkers is balance. Kind of ties in with the whole ice and fire theme.  I'm not so sure they are an evil entity. The children created them right?  

Dany needs to realize that she doesn't need to have Jon bend the knee for her. She can make him do as she pleases with those dragon.

(08-11-2017, 11:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 12:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I think this is a good possibility. "Winter is coming" has been a major theme throughout the series, even if in the background most of the time. The 'Game of Thrones' doesn't count out the Night's King and is something no one has considered simply because they all thought the white walkers and all were just a myth. Jon and his crew know otherwise because they've seen them, and now he has shown Dany they're real with the cave drawings. I don't think the Night's King has aspirations for the Throne per se, he just wants to turn everyone into white walkers (that's the best way I know how describe it under the influence of a muscle relaxer and a pain med.) 

I also love the fact that Jon will not 'bend the knee' to Dany. I think she means well and I know she's been through hell, but she is annoying as all get out. They are very similar in how they got to where they are now in that it has been a hard fought battle and they are the respective king and queen to their people because their people chose them. They are very different in how they get things done; she has a God complex (IMHO) and he's pretty humble; she is the daughter of a mad king and he is a [BLEEP] (no matter who is parents are he is still a [BLEEP].) So they are very alike and very different at the same time. The fact that they're related makes is even more interesting, even if we're the only ones who know about it. Except for Bran.
I think the whole point of the white walkers is balance. Kind of ties in with the whole ice and fire theme.  I'm not so sure they are an evil entity. The children created them right?  

Dany needs to realize that she doesn't need to have Jon bend the knee for her. She can make him do as she pleases with those dragon.
I would have to go back and find the white walker's link to the children. I really feel like I should have watched last season again before watching this one. A lot of references that I'm not remembering. It took me a while to remember what Theon had done for Sansa when Jon mentioned that's the only reason he (Jon) wasn't going to kill him (Theon.)

Also, I think the dragons are going to know Jon is actually a Targaryen and reacts accordingly. In other words, will not burn him to a crisp. I don't know how this will work. Kind of like how the dire wolves had a connection with the Stark kids. But I'm thinking the dragons don't react to Jon the way Dany thinks they will and that is how they figure out he's family. But I could also be blowing smoke out my butt so I guess we watch and see.

(08-09-2017, 12:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: (no matter who is parents are he is still a [BLEEP].)

There is a theory going around out there that Rhaegar married Lyanna at a weirwood tree on their way to the Tower of Joy and that is how Bran learns of Jon's lineage, well at least that is how the theory goes for the books. So that would make Jon the true legitimate heir to the throne, and a true Targ.
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(08-12-2017, 02:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 11:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think the whole point of the white walkers is balance. Kind of ties in with the whole ice and fire theme.  I'm not so sure they are an evil entity. The children created them right?  

I would have to go back and find the white walker's link to the children. I really feel like I should have watched last season again before watching this one. A lot of references that I'm not remembering. It took me a while to remember what Theon had done for Sansa when Jon mentioned that's the only reason he (Jon) wasn't going to kill him (Theon.)

Also, I think the dragons are going to know Jon is actually a Targaryen and reacts accordingly. In other words, will not burn him to a crisp. I don't know how this will work. Kind of like how the dire wolves had a connection with the Stark kids. But I'm thinking the dragons don't react to Jon the way Dany thinks they will and that is how they figure out he's family. But I could also be blowing smoke out my butt so I guess we watch and see.

Have you read the books? I powered through the first 3 but I've been reading the 4th on and off for the last year almost.   

That'd make alot of sense. Do you think Jon and Damy get it on? I think they will and THEN find out they're related. Seems like something Martin would do. Then again it's not following his writing anymore.

(08-12-2017, 04:07 PM)Geen Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 12:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: (no matter who is parents are he is still a [BLEEP].)

There is a theory going around out there that Rhaegar married Lyanna at a weirwood tree on their way to the Tower of Joy and that is how Bran learns of Jon's lineage, well at least that is how the theory goes for the books. So that would make Jon the true legitimate heir to the throne, and a true Targ.

That's a good point. His humble yet strong nature comes from him being raised a bastard and that's what I like about him. He's got nothing to lose, he's fought hard for everything he has, he never asked to be king in the north but they chose him because they trust him. Had he been high born or not raised as a bastard I'm sure his personality would be a bit different. 

I'm so hoping to see Dany swallow a big bitter pill when she realizes she is not the last of her kind. Knock her off that high horse she's been riding.

(08-12-2017, 02:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 11:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think the whole point of the white walkers is balance. Kind of ties in with the whole ice and fire theme.  I'm not so sure they are an evil entity. The children created them right?  

When Bran is with the Three Eyed Raven north of the wall, one of his visions takes him to the beginning of the white walkers.  The main Child of the Forest is shown stabbing a piece of dragonglass into the heart of a man, turning him into a white walker (assumed to be the Night King).  She explains that they did it to aid in their fight against men, since they were being slaughtered.

(08-12-2017, 04:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 04:07 PM)Geen Wrote: There is a theory going around out there that Rhaegar married Lyanna at a weirwood tree on their way to the Tower of Joy and that is how Bran learns of Jon's lineage, well at least that is how the theory goes for the books. So that would make Jon the true legitimate heir to the throne, and a true Targ.

That's a good point. His humble yet strong nature comes from him being raised a [BLEEP] and that's what I like about him. He's got nothing to lose, he's fought hard for everything he has, he never asked to be king in the north but they chose him because they trust him. Had he been high born or not raised as a [BLEEP] I'm sure his personality would be a bit different. 

I'm so hoping to see Dany swallow a big bitter pill when she realizes she is not the last of her kind. Knock her off that high horse she's been riding.

If Daenerys Targaryen fought Madison Clark, who would you root for?
- Bob Marley

Stepping back a moment from all the theory's, has this season not been fantastic? Every arc has been Awesome!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-12-2017, 04:45 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 02:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I would have to go back and find the white walker's link to the children. I really feel like I should have watched last season again before watching this one. A lot of references that I'm not remembering. It took me a while to remember what Theon had done for Sansa when Jon mentioned that's the only reason he (Jon) wasn't going to kill him (Theon.)

Have you read the books? I powered through the first 3 but I've been reading the 4th on and off for the last year almost.   

That'd make alot of sense. Do you think Jon and Damy get it on? I think they will and THEN find out they're related. Seems like something Martin would do. Then again it's not following his writing anymore.

I've read all the books in the series twice.  There are some significant differences between the books and show.  There was a point in the show were I was starting to wonder if Sansa and Jon might end up married once it's discovered they're cousins and not half-siblings.  That would make sense from the point of view of uniting the Targaryen and Stark families.

Incidentally, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Baratheon family was going to be important in the final outcome so expect Gendry to make it back on screen at some point.  In the books, Robert had a number of bastards that were still around, but Gendry, Edric, and Mya (daughter) all seemed to feature at certain points.