Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game of Thrones Season 7

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 07:51 AM by Caldrac.)

It's been a great season so far. This next episode should be insane. Drogon accepting Jon and realizing he's a Targaryen is probably my favorite scene of the season so far.

It's a shame Sam couldn't shut the hell up for just a few minutes though. He could have sent a raven to Jon after seeing that Rhaegar clearly married Lyanna and therefore by law and right he's a Targaryen and true heir to the throne.

Politically that could be all it takes to have the people support Jon and oust Cersei. That's not going to happen though. It would be too easy as a story teller. But they keep putting it off and putting it off more and more. Just like the knife in the heart thing. For a second time Daenerys questioned what the hell Davos meant about Jon taking a knife in the heart for his people.

And every time that gets interrupted. It's hilarious but it's become a running gag now. The bummer for me as a fan of the books and show is that Ygritte was right. "You know nothing, Jon Snow". Starting to think he'll end up dying yet again never knowing who the hell he truly was.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 08:50 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(08-15-2017, 07:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's been a great season so far. This next episode should be insane. Drogon accepting Jon and realizing he's a Targaryen is probably my favorite scene of the season so far.

It's a shame Sam couldn't shut the hell up for just a few minutes though. He could have sent a raven to Jon after seeing that Rhaegar clearly married Lyanna and therefore by law and right he's a Targaryen and true heir to the throne.

Politically that could be all it takes to have the people support Jon and oust Cersei. That's not going to happen though. It would be too easy as a story teller. But they keep putting it off and putting it off more and more. Just like the knife in the heart thing. For a second time Daenerys questioned what the hell Davos meant about Jon taking a knife in the heart for his people.

And every time that gets interrupted. It's hilarious but it's become a running gag now. The bummer for me as a fan of the books and show is that Ygritte was right. "You know nothing, Jon Snow". Starting to think he'll end up dying yet again never knowing who the hell he truly was.

I wonder if the book detailed that Rhaegar had a child though. Since as far as I know Sam doesn't have any idea that Jon would be that child.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-15-2017, 08:50 AM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 07:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's been a great season so far. This next episode should be insane. Drogon accepting Jon and realizing he's a Targaryen is probably my favorite scene of the season so far.

I wonder if the book detailed that Rhaegar had a child though. Since as far as I know Sam doesn't have any idea that Jon would be that child.

That's true. But he's a sharp guy. He may be able to put two and two together. Robert's Rebellion started on the belief that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna. In reality, it was a mutual relationship and it was documented by marriage. Ned shows up conveniently with a baby on his arms and everyone questioned it's validity of it being his since he's an honorable man all the way to death.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Also convenient, the one wagon with a dragon slaying crossbow in it, isn't burned.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I just watched this Sunday's episode this morning. It got leaked and it was on a facebook page I follow. I won't spoil it for anybody on here or ruin it. And I definitely plan on watching it again at home when it airs. But, man, it's pretty damn crazy. And I'll leave it at that.

I read that Episode 6 was accidentally aired in Spain instead of Episode 5. How that happens I dunno. But the first hour was uploaded/leaked online, but the episode is a lot longer than 60 mins

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 08:49 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(08-15-2017, 05:12 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Also convenient, the one wagon with a dragon slaying crossbow in it, isn't burned.

Didn't Drogon smash it to pieces though? Or do you mean during that battle itself?

Also, anyone else get the feeling Cersei is lying about being pregnant to get Jaime to stay on her side?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-16-2017, 08:48 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 05:12 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Also convenient, the one wagon with a dragon slaying crossbow in it, isn't burned.

Didn't Drogon smash it to pieces though? Or do you mean during that battle itself?

Also, anyone else get the feeling Cersei is lying about being pregnant to get Jaime to stay on her side?

That's definitely a possibility, and one I thought of right away.  Hard to tell her age and if that could play a factor.  She was ~32 when Robert died, but the show/books never reference time so it's hard to gauge how long it's been since then.  Ollenna doubts her ability to have children when the marriage to Loras is proposed, but that could just be her resisting the marriage.  Based on the prophecy you would have to assume it is false, but there is a scenario that keeps with and fulfills her prophecy.

The prophecy foretold her bearing 3 children (which she's already done) and that the Valonqar (little brother) will kill her.  She assumes the little brother to be Tyrion, but since she's been consistently wrong in guessing how the prophecy will unfold it definitely leads to Jaime who is seconds/minutes younger.  This could either lead to Jaime straight up killing her or her dying from complications in childbirth, making Jaime the unintentional reason she dies.

Best guess in keeping with the story so far is that she's lying to keep Jaime on her side and Jaime kills her when the war is starting to slip from them and she fesses up.  Regardless of her lying or not, I don't envision her actually having the baby unless the show is going completely off script from the books.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 12:49 AM by Hard_Eight.)

(08-16-2017, 08:48 PM)mvannostran Wrote:

Yes, after he was shot by it. Everything else around the wooden wagon with the wooden crossbow was laid to waste around it. Just so happens the one thing that could hit the dragon is unscathed by the fires. 

And why didn't the dragon fly in parallel to the line and just wipe it out instead of cutting a single column through. seems sloppy.

Maverick would not approve.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-16-2017, 08:23 PM)jaglyn Wrote: I read that Episode 6 was accidentally aired in Spain instead of Episode 5. How that happens I dunno. But the first hour was uploaded/leaked online, but the episode is a lot longer than 60 mins

That's exactly right. It's all over facebook if anybody can't stand the wait. So many clips have been chopped out of it by fan pages and it's already spoiled it for a lot of fans. The episode runs for roughly 110 - 115 minutes. Very good episode all in all. Heavy, heavy emphasis with the Magnificent Seven beyond the Wall and you get a little bit of filler material but it was well done all the way through.

New leaked episode is crazy. Stuff is moving way fast now for sure.
Huh

Please no spoilers on the new episode, I'd like to experience it at it's inteded time.

Sadly only 2 more episodes this season...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Dang, [BLEEP] just got real.

Well I couldn't resist, watched the leaked episode.

All's I can say is Wow. I'll save the rest for when it airs.
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(08-19-2017, 05:11 PM)Geen Wrote: Well I couldn't resist, watched the leaked episode.

All's I can say is Wow. I'll save the rest for when it airs.

ya I badly want to discuss it on the reddit page but can't lol
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I haven't watched the leaked episode, but have spoken to a couple people that have and they both said the same thing, "wow". I don't know what that means and I don't want to know yet but I couldn't resist asking if any major character dies. One viewer told me "well, just watch it" and the other said "umm, heh-heh-heh". So I dunno what the hell that means but I can't wait for Sunday night. I'll be back to this thread after that.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-19-2017, 10:50 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I haven't watched the leaked episode, but have spoken to a couple people that have and they both said the same thing, "wow".  I don't know what that means and I don't want to know yet but I couldn't resist asking if any major character dies.  One viewer told me "well, just watch it" and the other said "umm, heh-heh-heh".  So I dunno what the hell that means but I can't wait for Sunday night.  I'll be back to this thread after that.

There is so much going on in the episode it's hard to say what The Best part was but there is a lot of Wow. 

One of my favorite parts was the dialogue between The Hound and Tormund.

(08-19-2017, 11:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 10:50 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I haven't watched the leaked episode, but have spoken to a couple people that have and they both said the same thing, "wow".  I don't know what that means and I don't want to know yet but I couldn't resist asking if any major character dies.  One viewer told me "well, just watch it" and the other said "umm, heh-heh-heh".  So I dunno what the hell that means but I can't wait for Sunday night.  I'll be back to this thread after that.

There is so much going on in the episode it's hard to say what The Best part was but there is a lot of Wow. 

One of my favorite parts was the dialogue between The Hound and Tormund.

Tormund and the hound the screen together!
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

So the plan was pretty dumb... just like we all expected.

My dad and step mom have a smart TV 4K that is new and very big. They also have a Bose surround sound system. I DVR'd tonight's episode so I can rewatch it on their set up. It's going to be sweet. 

I watched an episode of The Defenders earlier and it was pretty awesome.