Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gary Barnidge to work out for Jags (MERGED)

(07-20-2017, 03:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 02:48 PM)Kane Wrote: 12 catches for 110 yards.... so much talent. C'mon man.... Rivera is more of a lock than Sterling.

Lewis gets so much hate from fan base (mostly on this board) but I can't seem to figure out why.
Dude is a great blocker with some pass catching ability and his contract isn't too high...

But ya know... keep shaking your head... maybe you'll shake something back into place lol

I've always thought the same thing.  He's a workhorse and has done a pretty good job on the team... nothing that leads him to pro bowls or the HOF, just good work.

I think I know why he gets so much hate from some though...  his Madden rating isn't as good as Rob Gronkowski.

Well... He was drafted before the surge of superstar move TEs started really hitting in the NFL. Before the Grahams and Gronks and Reeds.
He's never been that kind of a TE. Always was a superb blocker and had some pass catching ability that peaked during that 2007 run with Garrard.
Unfair for fans to compare him to those types of TEs and then call him a scrub for not being Gronk lol But that is the majority of the people on here.

And the Jags have never tried to draft a star TE since and haven't had a 6'7 product fall in their laps in late rounds either. None of that is Lewis' fault, but it seems like he catches the flak for that as well.
Why is he still here? He's still the best TE on the roster, that's why.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe my glasses have gone bad or something. Lewis was a great blocker and a decent 3rd or 4th option. I have not seen that lately. So I will continue to shake my head until we get some players that will produce. I dont care about Madden or the fact that he isn't a move TE. I looking at what I see from him on the field.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(07-20-2017, 02:48 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 02:03 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Sterling has too much talent. i think he makes this team. Rivera to me is not a lock. And I still dont know what Mercedes is doing on this team. smh.

12 catches for 110 yards.... so much talent. C'mon man.... Rivera is more of a lock than Sterling.

Lewis gets so much hate from fan base (mostly on this board) but I can't seem to figure out why.
Dude is a great blocker with some pass catching ability and his contract isn't too high...

But ya know... keep shaking your head... maybe you'll shake something back into place lol

Agree.  Marcedes is one of the few guys from his draft class still contributing in the nfl.  The majority of that 2006 class is done.  He was a good pick, we could've done a lot worse.

(07-21-2017, 12:19 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Maybe my glasses have gone bad or something. Lewis was a great blocker and a decent 3rd or 4th option. I have not seen that lately. So I will continue to shake my head until we get some players that will produce. I dont care about Madden or the fact that he isn't a move TE. I looking at what I see from him on the field.

IS a great blocker... Probably more of a 5th option now with WRs that produce....
but you asked why he was still here... Because he is valuable to the team and the FO hasn't made any moves that would make him no longer valuable to the team.

No deal for BarnidgeSad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!