Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
McGregor mayweather tour press conferences

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2017, 01:12 AM by Jagsfan32277.)

Took the great mayweather 10 rounds to get a tko on that slow scrub, thats sad, pacquio in his prime would have did the ricky Hatton on that statue.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

McGregor was killing it for 5 rounds but didn't have old man Mayweather's stamina.

Wouldn't last 2 minutes in the octagon. But that's not where the money is.

Conner got fatigued. He could barley stand by Round 9. If this was MMA, Floyd would be unconscious in 30 seconds

Ugh... terrible fight. This is why I just dont watch boxing anymore. Too defensive. Too passive. It's a great strategy for how the rules of boxing are designed. But makes for an uninteresting fight. I'd much rather watch brawlers.

I thought Connor's strategy was all wrong. He had to know he wouldnt win a true 12 round boxing match. And definitely not one where he was fighting the way Floyd wanted. I thought he needed to come out far more aggressive. Use his size and strength to his advantage. Get in Floyd's face and force him to fight.

Before the fight, I thought McGregor had a much better chance than people were giving him credit for, mainly because, while he had never had a professional boxing match, he was a professional fighter, and he was used to going into a ring, and having a fight where he had to throw a lot of punches. True, MMA is not professional boxing, but on the other hand it does involve getting in a ring and having a fight.

The whole thing is on Youtube, and I watched it, and I thought Mayweather of course was a much better boxer, and while McGregor did okay in the early rounds, he got really tired and his punches got slower and slower.

It was a much better fight than I anticipated.

I thought Mayweather would run from him more, but he stood in and took some punishment knowing he'd outlast McGregor.

Once McGregor was gassed it was over, but I thought it was an entertaining match.

I loved seeing Floyd win. I'm so sick of all the McGregor hype.

I'm not a boxing or even MMA fan really, but you could tell halfway through the first round that outside of a lucky punch, McGregor wasn't going to win. He came out swinging too much and even from the start barely had a guard up.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-27-2017, 12:39 PM)mvannostran Wrote: I loved seeing Floyd win. I'm so sick of all the McGregor hype.

I'm not a boxing or even MMA fan really, but you could tell halfway through the first round that outside of a lucky punch, McGregor wasn't going to win. He came out swinging too much and even from the start barely had a guard up.

Because Mayweather couldn't hit him. 

He came out too strong, and Mayweather recognized it. I feel like McGregor did a whole lot better than Mayweather did (early). I don't know why you think McGregor needed a lucky punch. He didn't show fatigue until around round 8 or 9, and he looked really good until then.

(08-27-2017, 01:13 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 12:39 PM)mvannostran Wrote: I loved seeing Floyd win. I'm so sick of all the McGregor hype.

Because Mayweather couldn't hit him. 

He came out too strong, and Mayweather recognized it. I feel like McGregor did a whole lot better than Mayweather did (early). I don't know why you think McGregor needed a lucky punch. He didn't show fatigue until around round 8 or 9, and he looked really good until then.

I mean I'd give McGregor the first and the third, other than that I dont think he really did that much better.

It was over after the 3rd round in my opinion. It was a decent match.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2017, 06:16 PM by jaglyn.)

It's like if Usain Bolt tried to run 26 miles against a champion marathoner. Mayweather can pace himself for 12 rounds, just conditioned that way

It was an exhibition match, nothing more. But it was more entertaining than what I had expected it to be. Both Mayweather and McGregor's camps got a huge payday from this, so they're obviously ecstatic

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 10:31 AM by UCF Knight.)

This is probably the weirdest take I've seen on the fight.  If you were basing who would win the fight on the first round, Mcgregor wins easy.  Mcgregor dominated him and bullied him all over the ring.

It all came down to stamina and Conor couldn't hang.

I would pay $200 to watch Mayweather step into the Octagon.

(08-28-2017, 10:31 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:

This is probably the weirdest take I've seen on the fight.  If you were basing who would win the fight on the first round, Mcgregor wins easy.  Mcgregor dominated him and bullied him all over the ring.

As someone who doesn't watch boxing or MMA regularly, I saw it differently. I saw Mayweather feeling out Conor and Conor swinging as much as he could. I didn't think he landed anything worthwhile in that round. 

Though I was very drunk by midnight so my memory may be a little fuzzy. I agree Conor "won" the first 2-3 rounds, but I don't think he was running away with anything that early.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I re-watched it today.

At the end of the seventh round Mayweather's composure and breathing as he sat in the corner looked like someone who may have been casually folding his laundry -- while McGregor looked as if he'd just run a half marathon while being chased by rabid wolves.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 09:11 AM by UCF Knight.)

(08-28-2017, 06:37 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 10:31 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: This is probably the weirdest take I've seen on the fight.  If you were basing who would win the fight on the first round, Mcgregor wins easy.  Mcgregor dominated him and bullied him all over the ring.

As someone who doesn't watch boxing or MMA regularly, I saw it differently. I saw Mayweather feeling out Conor and Conor swinging as much as he could. I didn't think he landed anything worthwhile in that round. 

Though I was very drunk by midnight so my memory may be a little fuzzy. I agree Conor "won" the first 2-3 rounds, but I don't think he was running away with anything that early.

In the first few rounds Mcgregor hit him with a nice upper cut and a few straight lefts.  He also moved much better than people thought they were.

Sure Mayweather was feeling him out, but he wasn't giving the impression of dominance either.

(08-28-2017, 10:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I re-watched it today.

At the end of the seventh round Mayweather's composure and breathing as he sat in the corner looked like someone who may have been casually folding his laundry  --  while McGregor looked as if he'd just run a half marathon while being chased by rabid wolves.

Yep, I told someone else and not sure if I said it here....boxing has a different kind of training.  I'm not sure why Mcgregor didn't hire a boxing coach to help with the training aspect.  He's never had great stamina anyway, and he bit at every attempt Floyd gave him to waste his energy.

Entertaining? Yes. Good fight? Not at all. It was a terrible boxing match. Sloppy, ugly, etc.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(08-28-2017, 06:37 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 10:31 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: This is probably the weirdest take I've seen on the fight.  If you were basing who would win the fight on the first round, Mcgregor wins easy.  Mcgregor dominated him and bullied him all over the ring.

I saw it fairly similarly. Mayweather saw very early that all he had to do was play around for 4 rounds and then show up about round 6 imo.

(08-29-2017, 11:12 AM)it wasSenor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 06:37 PM)mvannostran Wrote: As someone who doesn't watch boxing or MMA regularly, I saw it differently. I saw Mayweather feeling out Conor and Conor swinging as much as he could. I didn't think he landed anything worthwhile in that round. 

I saw it fairly similarly. Mayweather saw very early that all he had to do was play around for 4 rounds and then show up about round 6 imo.

I think it was fairly obvious what Mayweather's plan was in the early rounds, and even at the beginning of each round going forward.  Let Mcgregor attack and as time went on use it against him, and he bit right into it.

I still find it interesting why/how Mcgregors power didn't translate really at all to boxing.  That signature left was nowhere to be found.  While I believe he surprised Mayweather a couple times there was nothing that really scared him.

(08-29-2017, 01:15 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 11:12 AM)it wasSenor Fantastico Wrote: I saw it fairly similarly. Mayweather saw very early that all he had to do was play around for 4 rounds and then show up about round 6 imo.

I think it was fairly obvious what Mayweather's plan was in the early rounds, and even at the beginning of each round going forward.  Let Mcgregor attack and as time went on use it against him, and he bit right into it.

I still find it interesting why/how Mcgregors power didn't translate really at all to boxing.  That signature left was nowhere to be found.  While I believe he surprised Mayweather a couple times there was nothing that really scared him.

Pretty much. I had the same question regarding his power.