Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ravens' Kenneth Dixon done for season after surgery

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...er-surgery

I wonder what the Ravens would give us for Yeldon or Ivory?  Im hoping Dave is looking to trade one of them for a pick.  I think a 4th or 5th for one of those guys isnt out of the question.  We are now crowded in the backfield and it would be nice to get an extra pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017, 10:44 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Based on desperation, we could possibly get as high as a 3rd I'd think.

But it may make more sense for them to sign someone like Rashad Jennings
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(07-25-2017, 08:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...er-surgery

I wonder what the Ravens would give us for Yeldon or Ivory?  Im hoping Dave is looking to trade one of them for a pick.  I think a 4th or 5th for one of those guys isnt out of the question.  We are now crowded in the backfield and it would be nice to get an extra pick.

If by chance the Ravens offered a 6th Round pick this week for one of the RBs you mentioned,  would you want the Jaguars to make the trade based on the crowded backfield situation at this point in time?   Or do you feel it would be better to see what transpires this summer before deciding how to proceed at RB?

A sixth for Yeldon is something I'd strongly consider. It's about where he probably should have been drafted to start.

(07-25-2017, 08:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...er-surgery

I remember being told by any number of posters here there was no way a meniscus tear could possibly be a season ending injury.

Apparently they didn't tell the Ravens, their physicians, or Dixon.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We might be able to get a 6th round pick for Ivory, but we'd be extremely lucky to get a conditional 7th round pick for Yeldon.

Has Ivory even been mentioned by the Ravens, or are you just hoping we offload him?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I like Yeldon, and would not trade him for a 6th, it would be a waste.

Last year he had a bad season, no doubt about it. However, all in all the team was pretty bad, Bortles in particular. If there is no threat in the qb spot, then its easy for a defense to cheat up and jump on the rb because they aren't worried about the passing game. Same thing happened to the rams/todd gurley in his second year.
New England Patriot Fan

(08-02-2017, 06:26 AM)Pape Wrote: I like Yeldon, and would not trade him for a 6th, it would be a waste.

Last year he had a bad season, no doubt about it. However, all in all the team was pretty bad, Bortles in particular. If there is no threat in the qb spot, then its easy for a defense to cheat up and jump on the rb because they aren't worried about the passing game. Same thing happened to the rams/todd gurley in his second year.

Yeldon wasn't good his rookie year either. In fact, he's done nothing since entering the league. If it were me, I'd seriously consider cutting him if there is even another RB on our roster, who is close to him on the depth chart. Yeldon has always looked indecisive at the line of scrimmage, runs up linemen's backs and goes down way to easy on first contact. I liked Mathers coming out of college. Hopefully he can come back from that stinger and knock Yeldon off the roster.

(08-02-2017, 10:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 06:26 AM)Pape Wrote: I like Yeldon, and would not trade him for a 6th, it would be a waste.

Last year...

Yeldon wasn't good his rookie year either. In fact, he's done nothing since entering the league. If it were me, I'd seriously consider cutting him if there is even another RB on our roster, who is close to him on the depth chart. Yeldon has always looked indecisive at the line of scrimmage, runs up linemen's backs and goes down way to easy on first contact. I liked Mathers coming out of college. Hopefully he can come back from that stinger and knock Yeldon off the roster.

I won't argue the indecisive bit, or the running into linemen part, but you are grossly exaggerating his going down at first contact. There were dozens of plays in which he made athletic moves to gain another yard or two after contact. He's not exceptionally gifted at creating yards after contact - but "goes down way too easily on first contact"  is just inaccurate IMO. 

Some of what you may have been noticing was his playing through that recurring ankle injury. There were likely times he went down to protect it, but these instances weren't the norm.

(08-02-2017, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 10:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yeldon wasn't good his rookie year either. In fact, he's done nothing since entering the league. If it were me, I'd seriously consider cutting him if there is even another RB on our roster, who is close to him on the depth chart. Yeldon has always looked indecisive at the line of scrimmage, runs up linemen's backs and goes down way to easy on first contact. I liked Mathers coming out of college. Hopefully he can come back from that stinger and knock Yeldon off the roster.

I won't argue the indecisive bit, or the running into linemen part, but you are grossly exaggerating his going down at first contact. There were dozens of plays in which he made athletic moves to gain another yard or two after contact. He's not exceptionally gifted at creating yards after contact - but "goes down way too easily on first contact"  is just inaccurate IMO. 

Some of what you may have been noticing was his playing through that recurring ankle injury. There were likely times he went down to protect it, but these instances weren't the norm.

It's also hard when you have to get 2 yards after contact just to make it back to the line of scrimmage.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato