Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Favorite College Rivalry - exclude your fav team

Excluding your favorite team, what is your favorite college rivalry?   I'll start ....

* Excluded Favorite teams (Ga Tech and Pitt) 

* Favorite Rivalry - Miami vs FSU (kind of sucked over the past decade but may be heating up again)

5 Honorable Mention:
- UF vs Tennessee - Something about this mid-September match-up with the song Rocky Top playing in the background that makes this one of my favorites.  God, I really hate Tennessee.  lol
- OSU vs Michigan - glad to see this game being very meaningful once again.  They need to change the noon kickoff.
- USC vs UCLA -- love the pageantry of the sunshine, colorful uniforms, and fight songs.
- Bama vs Auburn -- decent but most often predictable.
- Oklahoma vs Texas -- Dropped due to Texas sucking and just don't like the noon start.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Alabama/Auburn is usually a good one. Hope they match-up better in the future.

I also have really enjoyed some Mich/Mich State games when both schools have a competitive team. I have a number of friends that are alums of each school and their social media trash talk is hilarious.

FL/GA is hit and miss with me lately. Sometimes I'm into it - sometimes I'm not.

LSU/ Ole Miss has become pretty fun to watch. Ole Miss just seems to give them a tough time pretty often.

Texas-OU is my favorite non-FSU rivalry.

OSU vs Michigan
and
Bama vs Auburn

It's about the traditions more so than the competitiveness however, OSU and Michigan have both been good lately and Auburn is always that one game I think about messing up Bama's perfect or near perfect season every year. They rarely do it... but the kick six is a thing of beauty when it happens lol

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2017, 11:22 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-26-2017, 04:02 PM)BigJohn98 Wrote: Texas-OU is my favorite non-FSU rivalry.

This rivalry is almost perfect timing in a sense that it's played in the 1st weekend in October after a small lull period (end of September).  Unfortunately, the NOON kickoff which is actually 11am Central Time takes away from the national audience as people like me are usually finishing their weekend chores during that time and don't have time to get enough alcohol and wings in to the bloodstream to enjoy it as much as I could if the kickoff were at 3:30pm or even better @ 7:30pm.

(07-27-2017, 09:00 AM)Kane Wrote: OSU vs Michigan
and
Bama vs Auburn

It's about the traditions more so than the competitiveness however, OSU and Michigan have both been good lately and Auburn is always that one game I think about messing up Bama's perfect or near perfect season every year. They rarely do it... but the kick six is a thing of beauty when it happens lol

Imagine if the OSU v Michigan game was moved to 7:30pm .... why do they keep this matchup at noon  Angry

(07-26-2017, 11:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: FL/GA is hit and miss with me lately. Sometimes I'm into it - sometimes I'm not.

Interesting because I feel the same way.  I think the lack of a serviceable QB on either side over the past 10 years has attributed to the less then stellar offense during this game.  That should all chance as I really think Jacob Eason is the real deal at UGA and hopefully Malik Zaire shows something this year as well.

Army-Navy. The service rivalry, the tradition, the fact that neither is a power and once the game is over regardless of which team wins the respect and honor shown is timeless.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I like OSU-Mich and Bama-Auburn

Those schools just hate each other. The latter's rivalry is enough that the inner redneck within the fans really becomes unleashed.

Mich vs ND.... i hate both teams, but the game is usually good.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Georgia and South Carolina
Clemson and South Carolina

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 11:37 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Since I can't use my favorite team, UCLA, that excludes their rivalry with USC. I guess my second favorite rivalry would easily be Ohio State and Michigan.