Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Premier League Season 2017/18

Shakes start for my blues. Hopefully today's match will yield some better results. Only bright spot was Morata imo.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 10:08 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Bournemouth and Crystal Palace haven't score a goal yet.

Can't believe I'm already looking at the relegation area of the table / standings

.... Huddersfield is a nice story so far.  Those fans were chanting the entire game.  It's been a long wait (entire life) for them to get to the Premier League.

Poor start from my boys, but Man City and Leicester were always going to be tough to get anything from.

(08-24-2017, 06:45 AM)JagSwag Wrote: Poor start from my boys, but Man City and Leicester were always going to be tough to get anything from.

What is your connection to Brighton?  I like Bournemouth but I pretty much selected them since it was the southernmost beach town in the PL.  Brighton looks like a pretty fun town based on my google research from 4,270 miles away.

(08-24-2017, 09:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 06:45 AM)JagSwag Wrote: Poor start from my boys, but Man City and Leicester were always going to be tough to get anything from.

What is your connection to Brighton?  I like Bournemouth but I pretty much selected them since it was the southernmost beach town in the PL.  Brighton looks like a pretty fun town based on my google research from 4,270 miles away.

Brighton is a good town for a weekend away.. decent night lift and restaurants too!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has re-signed for Manchester United..

Making them even stronger..

(08-25-2017, 12:04 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Zlatan Ibrahimovic has re-signed for Manchester United..

Is it too early to say they're the clear favorites for the league?  

The firepower they have is incredible and they're ripping teams up on the counter. 

Cool stat I saw recently (could be bogus) is that Jose's teams have always finished the year in the exact same position as they were after 12 league games. Basically he's a great front runner. The anti-fergie in a way. He used to almost prefer to hunt down teams from behind.

(08-24-2017, 09:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Brighton is my home town, born and raised here. Season ticket holder for as long as I can remember Smile
It's a brilliant little city, very diverse, good night life etc.

(08-25-2017, 04:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 12:04 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Zlatan Ibrahimovic has re-signed for Manchester United..

Is it too early to say they're the clear favorites for the league?  

The firepower they have is incredible and they're ripping teams up on the counter. 

Cool stat I saw recently (could be bogus) is that Jose's teams have always finished the year in the exact same position as they were after 12 league games. Basically he's a great front runner. The anti-fergie in a way. He used to almost prefer to hunt down teams from behind.

I don't think so.. I think whoever finishes above United wins the league, personally.

That's a decent little stat.. I've not heard that one before..

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 12:54 PM by JagsorDie.)

(09-05-2017, 04:19 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 04:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: Is it too early to say they're the clear favorites for the league?  

I don't think so.. I think whoever finishes above United wins the league, personally.

Being that i am a chelsea fan, i personally hate jose. He has a special place in my HoF of hatred lol. one that can only be achieved when you like someone at one moment only to have them let you down in a huge Kind of way. 

It isn't the fact that he won the league one year only to do soo bad the next, he not only got sacked, but it almost appeared we could be relegated. No, the reason i have can't stand "the special one" is because after all that he went to the one team i can't stand.

Most chelsea fans hate arsenal or tottenham because of the london rivalry. But seeing as how i am across the ditch i dont really care about location. I know alot of you guys in the UK hate chelsea because of the fact that we have alot bandwagon fans because our recent success. But the same is true over here for Manure. 

So many people who know very little about football like man u simply because they dont know of any other team. I was watching a Game the other day at Lynches pub here in jax and bumped into a couple manure fans. we hung out and watched our games and i asked them why the they chose to side with man u. "because of that movie Euro trip bro."  was their awesome response lol. Thats a fantastic reason.  Confused  those are generally the type of people who like the reds over here lol. 

Now that i got that awesome rant off my chest, I cant get to the point at hand lol. I completely agree. Manure has made some excellent moves this offseason.  since i am a blues fan, The lukaku and matic move especially piss me off but i think they are pivotal to making that squad as dangerous as they now look. I am still scratching my head trying to figure out why we let matic walk. we have had to spend nearly 70 mil to fill that hole he left and im not completely sure we have done it. Bakayoko and drinkwater are good but im not sure they are better than the Serbian giant. He instantly made the center of manure better and was a great addition to the counter attacking style they have been playing. 

Jose Got his team that is willing to spend big and attract huge talent from around euro. I dont think my boys are going to win the EPL but my hope this season is that we can make a push in the champions league and maybe knock manure around like we did last year. They kicked our [BLEEP] at home but we drilled them at old trafford twice(once in league and once in fa cup iirc.)

I personally think the only team who has a shot at finishing above manure is pep's city. They still have a fantastic team and really are the ones who look up to matching untied. On paper at least.

(09-07-2017, 12:52 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 04:19 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I don't think so.. I think whoever finishes above United wins the league, personally.

Being that i am a chelsea fan, i personally hate jose. He has a special place in my HoF of hatred lol. one that can only be achieved when you like someone at one moment only to have them let you down in a huge Kind of way. 

It isn't the fact that he won the league one year only to do soo bad the next, he not only got sacked, but it almost appeared we could be relegated. No, the reason i have can't stand "the special one" is because after all that he went to the one team i can't stand.

Most chelsea fans hate arsenal or tottenham because of the london rivalry. But seeing as how i am across the ditch i dont really care about location. I know alot of you guys in the UK hate chelsea because of the fact that we have alot bandwagon fans because our recent success. But the same is true over here for Manure. 

So many people who know very little about football like man u simply because they dont know of any other team. I was watching a Game the other day at Lynches pub here in jax and bumped into a couple manure fans. we hung out and watched our games and i asked them why the they chose to side with man u. "because of that movie Euro trip bro."  was their awesome response lol. Thats a fantastic reason.  Confused  those are generally the type of people who like the reds over here lol. 

Now that i got that awesome rant off my chest, I cant get to the point at hand lol. I completely agree. Manure has made some excellent moves this offseason.  since i am a blues fan, The lukaku and matic move especially piss me off but i think they are pivotal to making that squad as dangerous as they now look. I am still scratching my head trying to figure out why we let matic walk. we have had to spend nearly 70 mil to fill that hole he left and im not completely sure we have done it. Bakayoko and drinkwater are good but im not sure they are better than the Serbian giant. He instantly made the center of manure better and was a great addition to the counter attacking style they have been playing. 

Jose Got his team that is willing to spend big and attract huge talent from around euro. I dont think my boys are going to win the EPL but my hope this season is that we can make a push in the champions league and maybe knock manure around like we did last year. They kicked our [BLEEP] at home but we drilled them at old trafford twice(once in league and once in fa cup iirc.)

I personally think the only team who has a shot at finishing above manure is pep's city. They still have a fantastic team and really are the ones who look up to matching untied. On paper at least.

I get everything you're saying and totally respect it.

My 'dislike' for Chelsea stems from personal reasons. I've been involved in physical altercations with their fans on numerous occasions because I support a different team to them. I think that's way out of line. I understand that, historically, you're supposed to live and die by your team and fight for the reputation. The long and the short of it is; I support my local team and I go to games because I enjoy the sport. The fighting that comes along with it is childish and needless..

Matic signing for Manchester United means that Pogba can roam and be the player he was in Serie A with Juve, and Mkhitarian can also attack. It means that the full backs can push forward and Matic can sit back in case of a counter attack. Unbelievable signing and at £40m it's a steal compared to some of the silly transfers we've seen this summer.

I think City are in a state of rebuild, I think they'll get there but I do feel as though this season is too soon for them to win.. I may well be wrong, though.

(09-07-2017, 01:07 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 12:52 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Being that i am a chelsea fan, i personally hate jose. He has a special place in my HoF of hatred lol. one that can only be achieved when you like someone at one moment only to have them let you down in a huge Kind of way. 

I get everything you're saying and totally respect it.

My 'dislike' for Chelsea stems from personal reasons. I've been involved in physical altercations with their fans on numerous occasions because I support a different team to them. I think that's way out of line. I understand that, historically, you're supposed to live and die by your team and fight for the reputation. The long and the short of it is; I support my local team and I go to games because I enjoy the sport. The fighting that comes along with it is childish and needless..

Matic signing for Manchester United means that Pogba can roam and be the player he was in Serie A with Juve, and Mkhitarian can also attack. It means that the full backs can push forward and Matic can sit back in case of a counter attack. Unbelievable signing and at £40m it's a steal compared to some of the silly transfers we've seen this summer.

I think City are in a state of rebuild, I think they'll get there but I do feel as though this season is too soon for them to win.. I may well be wrong, though.
This is such a stupid problem and i absolutely agree that is completely childish and unneeded. I know that was a big problem that has been toned down quite a bit in England but, from my understanding, is still quite an issue in other countries across Europe. I understand the die-hard support but there is a point were is starts to take away from the game and creates an environment that is just sad. Love your team but good lord, fighting someone cause they are wearing a different shirt is ridiculous. NFL has some teams that are like this but not as bad as hooligan firms were in england back in the day. Philly for example actually had a court house built in the stadium just to prosecute people who fought or whatever because it was such a problem. And im pretty sure they are the reason glass bottles are banned int he nfl because they decided to throw them at santa clause durring a christmas game(while it is kinda funny it is equally as sad lol). 

As for the United, they certainly look like the obvious favorite to take the cup this year. Honestly, they look like a team that can make a big run for a few cups. Are they in the Champions league this year? I know they finished 6th but i think they won the other cup or something. Not sure if that makes them eligible for the Champions cup. 

This is sort of a chaotic year across euro with big transfers like neymar so if i had to rank the top 10 in euro it would be 

1. Real Madrid
2. Manure
3. Bayern
4. PSG/Barca
5. PSG/Barca
6. Juve
7. Atletico
8. City/Chelsea
9. City/ Chelsea
10. Dortmund 

I hate manure, but i think a manure Real game would be fantastic to watch. I honestly think the Neymar move is going to hurt barca quite a bit. PSG dropped some cash this summer and i think the addition of Mbabbe/Neymar is going to be huge for the attack.

Either way it is going to be fun to watch. I'm hoping my boys have the depth to hold strong in the league and the champions cup.

This weeks fixtures:

Saturday:

Manchester City v Liverpool
Arsenal v Bournemouth
Brighton v West Brom
Everton v Tottenham Hotspur
Leicester v Chelsea
Southampton v Watford
Stoke City v Manchester United

Sunday:

Burnley v Crystal Palace
Swansea v Newcastle

Monday:

West Ham v Huddersfield

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 02:45 PM by DarloJAG84.)

Manchester City 5-0 Liverpool
Arsenal 3-0 Bournemouth
Brighton 3-1 West Brom
Everton 0-3 Tottenham Hotspur
Leicester 1-2 Chelsea
Southampton 0-2 Watford
Stoke City 2-2 Manchester United

(09-08-2017, 01:59 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 01:07 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I get everything you're saying and totally respect it.

This is such a stupid problem and i absolutely agree that is completely childish and unneeded. I know that was a big problem that has been toned down quite a bit in England but, from my understanding, is still quite an issue in other countries across Europe. I understand the die-hard support but there is a point were is starts to take away from the game and creates an environment that is just sad. Love your team but good lord, fighting someone cause they are wearing a different shirt is ridiculous. NFL has some teams that are like this but not as bad as hooligan firms were in england back in the day. Philly for example actually had a court house built in the stadium just to prosecute people who fought or whatever because it was such a problem. And im pretty sure they are the reason glass bottles are banned int he nfl because they decided to throw them at santa clause durring a christmas game(while it is kinda funny it is equally as sad lol). 

As for the United, they certainly look like the obvious favorite to take the cup this year. Honestly, they look like a team that can make a big run for a few cups. Are they in the Champions league this year? I know they finished 6th but i think they won the other cup or something. Not sure if that makes them eligible for the Champions cup. 

This is sort of a chaotic year across euro with big transfers like neymar so if i had to rank the top 10 in euro it would be 

1. Real Madrid
2. Manure
3. Bayern
4. PSG/Barca
5. PSG/Barca
6. Juve
7. Atletico
8. City/Chelsea
9. City/ Chelsea
10. Dortmund 

I hate manure, but i think a manure Real game would be fantastic to watch. I honestly think the Neymar move is going to hurt barca quite a bit. PSG dropped some cash this summer and i think the addition of Mbabbe/Neymar is going to be huge for the attack.

Either way it is going to be fun to watch. I'm hoping my boys have the depth to hold strong in the league and the champions cup.

Believe me, the hooliganism is still a huge problem in England and Scotland. There's no need for it.. these people are not sports fans, they're thugs and should be banned for life.

Interesting day. City dismantled Liverpool. I thought that would be a better match. Stoked stepped it up against United to get the draw. Brighton Hove got there first win, I'm pulling for them since this is their first time in the primier league. Everton didn't look nearly as good as I thought against the spurs as I thought. And my boys took three points against Leicester, KYBFFH!!

(09-09-2017, 03:11 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Interesting day. City dismantled Liverpool. I thought that would be a better match. Stoked stepped it up against United to get the draw. Brighton Hove got there first win, I'm pulling for them since this is their first time in the primier league. Everton didn't look nearly as good as I thought against the spurs as I thought. And my boys took three points against Leicester, KYBFFH!!

Liverpool are like Jekyll & Hyde. They're so inconsistent which is what will cost them. They'll demolish Arsenal one week then absolutely crumble against City the next.

Stoke was always going to be a big test for Manchester United, especially at home, they can be excellent at home.

Everton, like Liverpool, are so inconsistent. A good result for Spurs, but not unexpected.. on to tomorrow now.. my son (aged 6) has told me he would like to watch the Burnley/Crystal Palace game in the pub.. now I'm not one to turn down a lunchtime beer following on from my night shift tonight!

(09-09-2017, 03:20 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 03:11 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Interesting day. City dismantled Liverpool. I thought that would be a better match. Stoked stepped it up against United to get the draw. Brighton Hove got there first win, I'm pulling for them since this is their first time in the primier league. Everton didn't look nearly as good as I thought against the spurs as I thought. And my boys took three points against Leicester, KYBFFH!!

Liverpool are like Jekyll & Hyde. They're so inconsistent which is what will cost them. They'll demolish Arsenal one week then absolutely crumble against City the next.

Stoke was always going to be a big test for Manchester United, especially at home, they can be excellent at home.

Everton, like Liverpool, are so inconsistent. A good result for Spurs, but not unexpected.. on to tomorrow now.. my son (aged 6) has told me he would like to watch the Burnley/Crystal Palace game in the pub.. now I'm not one to turn down a lunchtime beer following on from my night shift tonight!

I have noticed that about liverpool and Everton. Think their is something in the water in Liverpool lol. Everton didn't look bad and the spurs are for sure a top 5 team in the epl so i didnt think it was a terrible outting. But Liverpool looked awful. I tooned in at 1-0 then passed out at 3-0 only to wake up and see they got dismantled 5-0. Should be a good one with CP and Burnley. 

Stoke is a very well managed club(in terms of finance and stability) from my understanding. They don't compete heavily in the transfer game but remain always a mid table team. I thought they looked very good against man u and i think it helped them alot to come out and get the first punch. With their high possession game, It is always hard to play a team like man u or city once you are behind.

(09-09-2017, 09:37 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 03:20 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Liverpool are like Jekyll & Hyde. They're so inconsistent which is what will cost them. They'll demolish Arsenal one week then absolutely crumble against City the next.

I have noticed that about liverpool and Everton. Think their is something in the water in Liverpool lol. Everton didn't look bad and the spurs are for sure a top 5 team in the epl so i didnt think it was a terrible outting. But Liverpool looked awful. I tooned in at 1-0 then passed out at 3-0 only to wake up and see they got dismantled 5-0. Should be a good one with CP and Burnley. 

Stoke is a very well managed club(in terms of finance and stability) from my understanding. They don't compete heavily in the transfer game but remain always a mid table team. I thought they looked very good against man u and i think it helped them alot to come out and get the first punch. With their high possession game, It is always hard to play a team like man u or city once you are behind.

Maybe it's something in the air.. seeing as they're so close. Did you know that Liverpool & Everton's stadiums are less than half a mile apart 'as the crow flies?' - honestly, Google map it.. if you did know, I apologise and rest assured I wasn't trying to teach you to suck eggs. Where I'm on nights this weekend, I only woke up at 4-0 and had to rub my eyes to make sure I was actually seeing what I thought I was seeing..

Burnley & Palace both have points to prove.. I'm not expecting a high scoring game (now I've said that it'll probably finish 6-5) nor a game of high quality.. but hey, it's a game on the TV in the pub with a beer and my boy.. could be worse, right?

I completely agree. Stoke are in a fortunate position whereby they don't really threaten relegation but they don't challenge for the title. Premier League Football is good enough for them and they've become a well established Premier League outfit.

Exactly right, If United drew first blood, they'd have had something to defend, but where they conceded first they had to come out and attack which made it a decent game to watch.

Excellent performance against Tony Pulis's team of giants, I'm not sure they had a single player under 6'2. Shame to concede but 3-1 is a great result. GOSBTS.

Mark Hughes is now the manager of Stoke.. but a lot of those players were brought in by Pulis..

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk